• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Anybody need 310 artifact for their alts? Just saw this on reddit:

Step 2: Join a friend's game that has done Phobos "Fear's Embrace" and join him/her. Finish that mission. (We joined a friend that already completed the entire questline and had access to all the missions)
Step 3: Go back to the tower and you should have access to "Blighted Worlds" from Eris now.
Step 4: Go join your friend again and complete "Kings of Decay" on Earth which is the last mission on Taken War: Earth.
Step 5: Go join your friend again and complete "Entropy's Pinnacle" on Venus which is the last mission on Taken War: Venus.
Step 6: Go to the tower and you should now have access to the first part of Road to King's Fall from Eris.
Step 7: Complete "Summoner's Circle" on the Dreadnaught and then go turn it in to Eris for the final raid quest for the 310 Artifact.

Apparently step 1 was edited out.

I'd like to do this twice if anyone wants to.

Psn: Subtervotion

How is the raid supposed to be connected to the story? It seems and feels a bit disconnected. If you play Just the story and not the raid it still makes you feel like you killed the main atntag of the episode, but then you get the raid where you REALLY kill them, but there is no strong natrative there. It's kind of disappointing, story Oryx felt more personal than raid Oryx to me. Don't know what the hell Crota was about though.

Oryx doesn't talk in the raid. Its biggest failing.

SkylineRKR

It's kind of reversed though. In CE, 5/6ths of the team spent the entire final boss battle on a ledge, firing a rocket every few minutes, then running inside. The toughest part of that raid was the deathsinger, which was basically that middle section of the undying mind strike, with the enemies one level higher than you.

By January, the whole CE "raid" just felt like a slightly longer strike, which you finished by basically watching one of your teammates jump around and either die to or slash a tall knight.

My personal rating:
1. VoG -huge, clever mechanics, awesome lore, and extremely memorable boss fights.
2. Kings Fall - Lots of interesting mechanics, jobs for every person to do. If your team doesn't communicate, you're dead before the first boss.
3. CE - Again, glorified strike mission. Run in, clear a few adds, build a bridge and cross, then kill more adds, then watch a teammate kill the boss. Not really that fun or difficult, even when running sword bearer. Glitches killed me way more often than any enemy in that strike.

Shame on me but I still haven't played KF. Though I've got all quests related to it now, and pretty much every else done. And 299 light. So pretty much ready, lol.

But VoG felt special to me, first time through. I beat it about a week or slightly more after Datto and his crew did it. So the solutions were known. But in hindsight it was a case of stop enemy waves (and the confluxes drag for too long). And the Oracles drag for too long as well. Still, VoG is absolutely good and still solid after replays as well. Too bad the challenge is gone but after 50 clears thats expected.

CE is a piece of shit and I've said this since week one. But, its harder than people give it credit for. Now I solo'd Normal mode, and I'm by no means a pro. But thats mostly because of the exploits (though Crota himself actually must be killed legit, shows how much a fucking weak boss he is) you can utilize. VoG is designed so that you cannot solo it, KF too I think.

But CE is actually not that easy of a raid, its more like short and full of action. The first part is harder if you stick with your fireteam and do it legit (not using the rock). I've also been part of experienced squads that blindly completed HM VoG and beat CE before but actually wiped at the bridge numerous times when they tried it legit. A miscommunication and the totems or bridge will fuck you up.

I've actually been re running King's Fall raid to farm 3oC. More fun than doing strikes and I've had better results. I've gotten one or more exotics everytime. I use 5, maybe 6 3oC each raid.

HM Bridge during CE was legit fucking hard, but that was only because that boomer knight was a giant fucking asshole. Fuck him.

Not so bad now that we're not underlevelled though.

Have they said if there's going to be a class item?

Just need one at 310 and I'll be 310.

For the record, I run one character and am at 309. You don't need to run three to get up there.

Yeah you just need to get lucky. I also only have one character and I max out at 305 w/ sub 300 ghosts and class items. If I got either one of the those I'd be 308+ easy.

Zocano

As long as we all understand that Vault of Glass is, was and will probably remain the best part about Destiny 1

At first I thought you meant Year 1 but nah tho

King's Fall is better and more intricate than Vault of Glass. I much prefer the Vex aesthetic but mechanically King's Fall is much much better.

If the next DLC was supposed to be Vex, I wouldn't turn down another Vex raid, though.

SkylineRKR

HM Bridge during CE was legit fucking hard, but that was only because that boomer knight was a giant fucking asshole. Fuck him.

Not so bad now that we're not underlevelled though.

Yeah another problem of CE was that you were either underleveled, or overleveled. Bungie didn't hit a sweet spot.

Normal mode at level 31 was a decent challenge, and I think the margin of error on Crota with 31 was small. We beat it at 31 first time, and it was hard. But once we were maxed with Eris and level 32, or rather only the sword carrier was, Normal was way too easy all of a sudden. HM had a level the player could not reach.

I feel VoG HM at level 30 was a perfect on-level challenge.

At first I thought you meant Year 1 but nah tho

King's Fall is better and more intricate than Vault of Glass. I much prefer the Vex aesthetic but mechanically King's Fall is much much better.

If the next DLC was supposed to be Vex, I wouldn't turn down another Vex raid, though.

Vault of Glass is more intricate; King's Fall is a straight path.
Vault is more difficult than King's Fall so those mechanics go out the window
Vault had more mystery and discovery around it than King's Fall
Vault Loot > King's Fall Loot

Been saying since first day I played King's Fall. Doesn't even come close to being as cool, challenging or rewarding as Vault was. Or if it's the first two, you get 2 moldering shards and infusion fodder at the end of it.

Jrmint

Been saying since first day I played King's Fall. Doesn't even come close to being as cool, challenging or rewarding as Vault was. Or if it's the first two, you get 2 moldering shards and infusion fodder at the end of it.
Luke Smith specifically said in the PlanetDestiny interview they didn't want to make weapons in KF as good as VoG because then no one would ever use anything else. This is why everyone used VoC and FB for an entire year.

SkylineRKR

Does KF even have normal shootouts? All I saw were boss battles, with non action progression inbetween.

The loot sucks, as I don't like the design of the KF weapons. And I heard most of it isn't that good. I wonder what HM will bring, same weapons with elements attached?

I prefer the more high tech approach, such as Omolon weapons. VoG weapons looked decent at the time too, they all had this same palette and red lights. And the likes of VoC, Fatebringer, FV (shotgun buff), CM were stupidly useful. Too useful I agree, nothing but FB.

Tecnniqe

Banned

x6JY44C.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Luke Smith specifically said in the PlanetDestiny interview they didn't want to make weapons in KF as good as VoG because then no one would ever use anything else. This is why everyone used VoC and FB for an entire year.

It's a much better approach but I do admit it takes away some of the fun of running the raid. Armor is meh in this game overall, so if there are no good HM guns i probably won't run it.

Zocano

And Vault of Glass isn't a straight path?

The difficulty is completely subjective so it's hard to make such an easy judge on that. I would say Golgoroth is the most difficult encounter and most of King's Fall you can't afford any deaths otherwise you wipe. I would say that makes it "harder" than Vault of Glass. I don't see what parts would be "harder" aside from maybe more mobs in Vault of Glass to contend with?

Mystery around the Vault is again hard to judge because it was the first one and most didn't know what to expect.

Loot sure but it is obvious they didn't want King's Fall stuff to be overtly powerful. I wish there were unique perks on the weapons.

I know and it's obvious that they've shifted to this philosophy because virtually everything I've seen or gotten from the Raid has been junk. That's fine for some things, but not for the rewards behind "the most challenging content."

It's an easy Raid with weak loot, and therefore thoroughly underwhelming compared to Vault in every way that counts.

Bogeypop

I have ran it enough to have a decent sample size now.

I've never seen it drop from the directory strike. I have seen it drop from both the lvl 36 and heroic playlist though. So IMO the best place to farm for it is the lvl 36 playlist. No idea if heroic droprate is higher but you can fly through the lvl 36 so fast that it's probably more effecient even if the heroic drop rate is a little higher.

So the playlist Roulette is still the only answer...
tfLYG8B.png
I'm up for
Cursed
Flayer Mantle farming if anyone else wants to get theirs.

Zocano

I think they should find more ways to make interesting loot instead of obscenely broken and powerful (Fatebringer/VoC/Gjallarhorn/Black Hammer).

It's a weird line they'll have to continually balance because it's a shooter and they're very limited with how different things can be without just hitting "broken" territory.

And Vault of Glass isn't a straight path?

Two paths to Templar's Well
The Templar's Well itself isn't a one dimensional battle arena
Two paths to Gorgon's Lab and several through it
Jumping puzzle can be done several ways
Vault of Glass also isn't a one dimensional battle arena

And by one dimensional I'm referring once again to the player's ability to stand wherever they want and not have that option force fed to them.

I think they should find more ways to make interesting loot instead of obscenely broken and powerful (Fatebringer/VoC/Gjallarhorn/Black Hammer).

It's a weird line they'll have to continually balance because it's a shooter and they're very limited with how different things can be without just hitting "broken" territory.

Now that we've had time with their "new design" for Loot, I'd rather have the obscenely powerful stuff back. That kept people playing the game chasing for them and the weapons felt rewarding when you get them.

I spent several days grinding for the Touch of Malice - arguably the coolest weapon in the game - and it was a complete waste of time because it's only worth using for 20 minutes a week.

Jrmint

I know and it's obvious that they've shifted to this philosophy because virtually everything I've seen or gotten from the Raid has been junk. That's fine for some things, but not for the rewards behind "the most challenging content."

It's an easy Raid with weak loot, and therefore thoroughly underwhelming compared to Vault in every way that counts.
The machine gun is excellent, and people regularly use both the pulse and scout rifle. Cocoon is a really good perk as well.

I realize Hung Jury is probably the best legendary primary, but the raid weapons have their place.

I definitely understand your point Zoba, but I think you exaggerate it a little bit.

The machine gun is excellent, and people regularly use both the pulse and scout rifle. Cocoon is a really good perk as well.

I realize Hung Jury is probably the best legendary primary, but the raid weapons have their place.

I definitely understand your point Zoba, but I think you exaggerate it a little bit.

Their place is fuel for better weapons that drop in the wild. I used the Scout Rifle for a week until I realized the one I had with explosive rounds was better. So in it went.

hung jury is a great gun and fun to use but i think the raid scout will be more useful going forward into hard mode with its bonus damage to taken enemies perk

same reason i always used fang of ir yut in hard crota instead of fate bringer (except in first section)

Top Bottom