• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

R0ckman

Wow, rift on vertigo is complete trash, you just grab the relic run through the portal and jump to the enemy rift. It renders almost 75% of the map worthless.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They are ultras, but they just don't drop exotic engrams. People were theorizing that it has more to do with them having shields than anything. Omnigul doesn't consume 3oC either.

I refuse to accept they are ultras as they dont drop on something which should do on every ultra.

Nope. Not ultra in my and the games book, yet.

Out of curiosity. Compared to CE & VoG, how difficult is KF?

The furthest I got into KF was Golgoroth.

All raids are easy once they're on farm so I'll rank them according to blind/early days difficulty. Speaking as someone who played each raid blind right when it launched, from hardest to easiest:

1.) VoG- People were bad at the game. What's a void shield? It took people hours to open the front door when a single Lv26 Minotaur major could wipe out the entire team. Raiding as a concept was also extremely new to console scrubs like myself.

It was mechanically complex, there were a lot of encounters and the areas were huge (Gorgons blind took people hours to figure out, now it's 30 seconds straight to the exit). People were very under-leveled early on and that penalty was severe. #Forever29 was a big deal for a good reason.

2.) King's Fall- The largest and longest raid, although none of the large spaces (hive ships, Golgi's cellar, pistons) were nearly as hard to clear initially as Gorgons. All of the exploratory phases between encounters are very straight forward. The bosses themselves are mechanically complex and took a long time to nail down blind but become quite trivial on subsequent runs, moreso than Templar and Atheon.

Being under-leveled is (thankfully) not nearly as big a deal here as in VoG, that alone makes it significantly easier in a very good way.

3.) Crota's End- Short, simple and stupid. Bridge encounter is the only part that took time and was challenging for good reasons. Forced under-leveling on NM launch day and forced under-leveling + millions of Majors in HM are the only reasons this raid was ever remotely difficult (plus Scrota glitches of course).

So I hit 260 light and figure I could try Heroics now....now any group I end up in everyone seems completely lost lol. That or everyone is getting killed super fast....

But I gotta say, I used them on the daily today. Consumed ~3 or 4 in short succesion cause this mission is ultras galore.

there is a ocoldown on the coins. so dont be to quite to kill an ultra after you killed one. wait at least 7 minutes before you kill another ultra or your coins might go to waste.

Unfortunately Bungie has not mentioned HOW long the cooldown is...

Difficulty level of Raids (when at the same level) IMO

3. King's Fall
2. Crota's End
1. Vault of Glass

People still cheese the last two Raids so I think that says a lot about how hard they are. Only "difficult" fight in King's Fall is Oryx, and it's only difficult because it takes so long.

noomi

Time for more strikes, i needs my loot.

Those of you farming 3oC and strike loot, are you doing regular or heroic strike playlist?

Difficulty level IMO

3. King's Fall
2. Crota's End
1. Vault of Glass

People still cheese the last two Raids so I think that says a lot about how hard they are. Only "difficult" fight in King's Fall is Oryx, and it's only difficult because it takes so long.

1322.gif

Crota's End harder than King's Fall? A raid that can be solo'd.....

lol

Strider

Time for more strikes, i needs my loot.

Those of you farming 3oC and strike loot, are you doing regular or heroic strike playlist?

I've been doing heroic the most but tbh it doesn't seem worth it...

Engram drops seem the same vs the lvl 36 playlist.

noomi

I've been doing heroic the most but tbh it doesn't seem worth it...

Engram drops seem the same vs the lvl 36 playlist.

Cool, strike specific loot drops from the regular versions as well, right?

Looks like thats what ill be hopping into to.

BLCKATK

Azys_ here, nice strikes KanameYuki and Xion365! Sorry I had to take my dog out during our last run. I had a lot of fun though, nice and efficient.

Born2Live

15 Coins Spent and have received

Ruin Wings - 310
Invective - 310
Impossible Machines - 310
Hereafter - 290

Not a bad haul but the search goes on for Zhalo, The Rabbit, and Telesto.

Ty

1322.gif

Crota's End harder than King's Fall? A raid that can be solo'd.....

lol

Once you know the mechanics on Kingsfall its super easy. the raids after the first week have been super quick for my Fireteam. its not even a challenge anymore.

Hard raid will be a lot more challenging obviously.

I think its safe to say that there will be random selection of relic holder for Oryx fight :)

todd360

This astro TR was worth it. I can wear glasses and they don't bother me at all with the headset on. Don't have to put on contacts if I don't feel like it. Sound is pretty good too. I was even told that my chat audio quality sounded better.

Kinda alright Juju is pretty good, the Eirene RR4 is my main sniper.

Yeah I like the Juju too. its really nice.
Have you tried the Villainy?

its really good too! good range and stability.
Got that Eirene RR4 too with that luck in the chamber perk..still I seem to return to my 1k yard stare sniper...

Nice haul Blue_Phazon.

I got all the raid weapons and the only one I like is the Heavy machine gun the rest I will have infused onto PVP gear I think :)

recks

At this point, we've seen it all. If they want to stop health and super regen or change enemy spawns then fine. Mechanically, I don't think King's Fall is difficult once you hit the DPS gate.

Crota's End was more difficult when it came out than King's Fall has been.
Crota's End was solo'd on the second week lol

Top Bottom