• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Ace of Spades is great but it doesn't feel like an exotic perk wise. MIssing that last bit of "oumph"

Ace of Spades is a regular ass hand cannon lol. Compare it to its contemporaries. All handle differently, intricately modeled and represent distinct advantages at particular ranges. Bungie over buffing Thorn from the lumbering monster it was and letting that simmer for months is the reason why they bodied the class and why a shit sandwich like Ace of Spades is considered good.

Boolean Gemini was an easy to obtain exotic for getting yourself raid ready the first week. It served its purpose in the first clear, and has been disregarded since. That said, I don't see why it couldn't have just been a legendary. Didn't feel particularly exotic.

Yeah, having OP weapons that trivialize content, whether it be PvP (Original Vex), trash (fatebringer), or bosses (Gjallarhorn) was a much better idea....

Bungie has gotten weapon balance so much better this time around. I do wish the raid weapons had better stat rolls, though. At least Cocoon is a cool perk that's pretty useful in the raid.

Dont know why people wanted the raid to dish out OP weapons that we would exclusively use for the next year. Thats not good design.

Sullichin

Ace of Spades is a regular ass hand cannon lol. Compare it to its contemporaries. All handle differently, intricately modeled and represent distinct advantages at particular ranges. Bungie over buffing Thorn from the lumbering monster it was and letting that simmer for months is the reason why they bodied the class and why a shit sandwich like Ace of Spades is considered good.

Maverick + Firefly is an awesome perk combo for PVE, but otherwise I agree. Its other main strength is range, where it primarily stands out because of the HC nerf. It also looks like a blue trash weapon. Still my favorite primary in the game right now though.

Tovarisc

Yeah, having OP weapons that trivialize content, whether it be PvP (Original Vex), trash (fatebringer), or bosses (Gjallarhorn) was a much better idea....

Bungie has gotten weapon balance so much better this time around. I do wish the raid weapons had better stat rolls, though. At least Cocoon is a cool perk that's pretty useful in the raid.

They are more aware about their weapon designs for sure, not making weapons that excel at everything. I still wouldn't praise them for balancing quite yet considering how long HC meta was in PvP only to be swapped to Pulse Rifle meta [TTK, range etc. is same, gun model is different].

For e.g. if your PvP go-to is pulse + shotty 90% of the time and PvE go-to is scout + sniper rifle 90% of the time, last 10% is for when feeling like fucking around and playing sub optimally, then balancing is lacking as variety of choice isn't there. If using anything that doesn't fit current meta, created by balancing of game, makes you feel like playing sub optimally then balancing is off.

As far as Hand Cannons go now, it's good. But for an Exotic Hand Cannon, Maverick isn't a good perk. Should have been default instead of Third Eye and then give it a perk that returns health on precision kills.

Boolean Gemini was an easy to obtain exotic for getting yourself raid ready the first week. It served its purpose in the first clear, and has been disregarded since. That said, I don't see why it couldn't have just been a legendary. Didn't feel particularly exotic.

It doesn't have to be Gally, but it doesn't need to be a useless piece of shit either. Especially for the work and time involved in getting it. As it is, ToM should just be given away after you beat Oryx the first time. Everyone should get it. That's how pointless the gun is.

VoG really drags in the confluxes/oracles/templar phase imo

that people would rather stay up top then deal with it isn't such a good thing

Confluxes and Oracles drag for sure but Templar is an absolute blast that can be cleared in 1 minute flat.

Oracles is a really well designed encounter except for the fact it can't be sped up. People need to take responsibility for boring themselves w cheese, it's a lot of fun and goes by much faster when you actually play the game. Cheese didn't speed it up, people were just bad and afraid to do it legit.

I've said many times that confluxes and oracles should have been combined into one encounter. Luke talked about how that section was designed as "the Templar Suite" where they wanted to introduce this villain that you'd defeat at the end while giving you plenty of time to learn the geometry and mechanics. They just gave us too much time with no way to reduce it.

Anyone have the Red Spectre (Crucible AR)? Just got it to drop and it may have some potential. It has Focused Fire, though, so it could just be a Churros Regime lite.

rqx8SG9.png

Xion385

I got into the quick Oryx kill, El Cuco. I will still do the raid of we are quick enough. I have a grudge to settle wity Golgoroth.

Trojan

I have an Oryx checkpoint if people want to join (PS4). We tried earlier today but did not get past it.

I'm 301 Warlock and hope to knock this out quick, so looking for people who've done the raid before.

Add me if interested - PSN: Phife24

KanameYuuki

Hey, 9mins on Cerberus, doing strikes with Gaf is so different than randoms lol. And look at that, Dust Palace was next now we have strike bonus.

As far as Hand Cannons go now, it's good. But for an Exotic Hand Cannon, Maverick isn't a good perk. Should have been default instead of Third Eye and then give it a perk that returns health on precision kills.

Something. The perk is an exponentially inferior Bad Juju knock off. 1 round compared to whole mag, precision kill compared to shoot them in the toe.

Firstly, unique model with a unique sight and barrel options. Stillpiercer has barrel options lol. It's more exotic that AoS. As for the perk, I don't give a fuck, it's a hand cannon, should make people mad

Card Carrying Crook: Precision kills return all ammo to the mag and increases precision damage for a short time. Stacks up to 3 times.

R0ckman

I grinded VoG a lot and never considered it harder. There was always room for deaths even in HM, in KF I felt my heart drop everytime I heard "GAURDIAN DOWN!"

A lot of this has to do with how competent the team you have is. Once it was on farm VoG was the easy, what made it better was the flow.

As said earlier KF is a straight path, but that makes since, you are going to kill Oryx like Mario storming Bowser's castle to deafeat him, you aren't exploring so much as you are on an assassination mission.

Touch of Malice is seriously a terrible fucking exotic. Killing each sister in 5 seconds with your friends who all have ToM too is cute, but that's all it is. Even with Oryx it's not really that useful since gun damage isn't the way you really beat him.
I wouldn't even classify it as a weapon, it's more like a tool. That's only useful in 0.00001% of the game.

Yeah, I'm really considering infusing my 310 into one of my other primaries.

Top Bottom