• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Bogeypop

I'd like to join.

Alright, what Elemental Mantle are you looking for? Just need one more for the hell that is Flayer Mantle farming.

MIBgcK7.jpg

Xion385

Sry, I do believe we are full :(

Dang. It's all good. I'm keeping my eye on this thread for an open spot. I swear I miss a spot by just a couple of seconds every time.

Oryx does not want me to kill him/her. Lol

Lord is here, what do you desire?
To find the power to play pvp to get that portion of the Exotic Sword quest done.

Find a 310 Zhalo.

Kill Oryx for the first time to get to 300.

Finally, to marry Elizabeth Olsen.

Nothing too difficult to ask for.

SkylineRKR

About raid weapon perks, Praetorian Foil forever.

Javelin and Glass Half Full on a Fusion Rifle. I love that weird shit on exclusive weapons.

Bogeypop

Void is the one I want.

I'll go. I want dat void

Alright, so Void train it is. I'd prefer to go do Heroic Strikes, but whatever the majority of the team wants to do. I also like to do The Shadow Thief/Taniks as it's fairly quick for a Strike Streak bonus since usually Dust Palace comes right after. Pray for our Souls DGAF, we shall either return as Kings with riches and splendor or return as hollow husks that were once called men.

Touch of Malice is seriously a terrible fucking exotic. Killing each sister in 5 seconds with your friends who all have ToM too is cute, but that's all it is. Even with Oryx it's not really that useful since gun damage isn't the way you really beat him.
I wouldn't even classify it as a weapon, it's more like a tool. That's only useful in 0.00001% of the game.

Touch of Malice is seriously a terrible fucking exotic. Killing each sister in 5 seconds with your friends who all have ToM too is cute, but that's all it is. Even with Oryx it's not really that useful since gun damage isn't the way you really beat him.
I wouldn't even classify it as a weapon, it's more like a tool. That's only useful in 0.00001% of the game.

yeup. But it looks cool!

KanameYuuki

Alright, so Void train it is. I'd prefer to go do Heroic Strikes, but whatever the majority of the team wants to do. Pray for our Souls DGAF, we shall either return as Kings with riches and splendor or return as hollow husks that were once called men.

My psn is josh-shiki I'm ok with heroic, at least we get legendary engrams to get marks.

BLCKATK

Yo DGAF, anyone bored and want to do Skolas? This PS4 account is new and I really want to get those House Judgement shaders again, so killing Skolas this week again would really push me towards my goal. Just need 1 person really, since we can use to sword to cancel the essence out.

Hit me up on PSN. It's Azys_

Yeah. Vex Mythoclast was a beast weapon consciously designed to be better than the already great raid loot, worthy of your exotic slot. Why is Bungie afraid of making anything else good?

Like, what the hell does Boolean Gemini even do? Exotic and raid gear design jumped off a cliff after OG Destiny

Yeah. Vex Mythoclast was a beast weapon consciously designed to be better than the already great raid loot worthy of your exotic slot. Why is Bungie afraid of making anything else good?

Like, what the hell does Boolean Gemini even do? Exotic and raid gear design jumped off a cliff after OG Destiny

Ace of Spades is great but it doesn't feel like an exotic perk wise. MIssing that last bit of "oumph"

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah. Vex Mythoclast was a beast weapon consciously designed to be better than the already great raid loot worthy of your exotic slot. Why is Bungie afraid of making anything else good?

Non raiders felt too left out.

traveler

Not Wario
Boolean Gemini was an easy to obtain exotic for getting yourself raid ready the first week. It served its purpose in the first clear, and has been disregarded since. That said, I don't see why it couldn't have just been a legendary. Didn't feel particularly exotic.

Yeah, having OP weapons that trivialize content, whether it be PvP (Original Vex), trash (fatebringer), or bosses (Gjallarhorn) was a much better idea....

Bungie has gotten weapon balance so much better this time around. I do wish the raid weapons had better stat rolls, though. At least Cocoon is a cool perk that's pretty useful in the raid.

And Vault of Glass isn't a straight path?

The difficulty is completely subjective so it's hard to make such an easy judge on that. I would say Golgoroth is the most difficult encounter and most of King's Fall you can't afford any deaths otherwise you wipe. I would say that makes it "harder" than Vault of Glass. I don't see what parts would be "harder" aside from maybe more mobs in Vault of Glass to contend with?.

You're comparing "on farm" VoG to "early days" KF. Gorgons is the least straight-path encounter from any raid. KF has more exploratory space but nothing nearly as interesting as Gorgons. It took hours to understand initially but takes 30 seconds to clear later, which is perfect for content designed to be repeated weekly. Hive ships and pistons are great initially but tedious to repeat. KF struggles a lot with replayability, especially Oryx.

I agree difficulty is too subjective, especially since not many people remember early days VoG. Saying one death causes a wipe in KF but not VoG is not true. One death in early NM and HM VoG raids almost always caused a wipe since adds would pile up, oracles would get behind, etc. The team that 4-manned KF was easily able to stagger Doxology with only 2 people alive. KF only felt this way initially due to under leveled teams and inefficient strats.

Every VoG encounter has a brilliant snowball effect when people started to die: more pressure on remaining members --> more likely to die --> more pressure --> more death --> wipe. This effect happens naturally via encounter design, it's not hard-wired like one missed jump forcing a wipe on Daughters + Oryx even if everyone's still alive. People could still clutch out these busted VoG runs whereas KF is more binary for wipe vs clear. That's ultimately the greatest strength of VoG over KF, more freedom

Sai-kun

Banned
Shout outs to Macello and crew for letting me fill a spot and taking me through King's Fall! Thanks for your patience in teaching me the encounters hahaha. (I'm techn1colors on PSN :))

EL CUCO

Fresh Raid. Have 1 spot available

Starting in about 40min.

Just quote with your PSN. I'll be sending invites around 9:30

Top Bottom