• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

Difficulty level of Raids (when at the same level) IMO

3. King's Fall
2. Crota's End
1. Vault of Glass

People still cheese the last two Raids so I think that says a lot about how hard they are. Only "difficult" fight in King's Fall is Oryx, and it's only difficult because it takes so long.

People used cheese in VoG and CE to make encounters a lot faster to clear than when using legit tactics. Cheeses were all about speed and ease of clear, not about how hard encounters were. Templar cheeses in VoG also allowed people to get "No teleport allowed" chest 100% of the time, so that is about hardness I suppose.

I would personally rank VoG as hardest, then KF as challenging and CE easily is easiest out of bunch. This ranking is based on how much me and my raid team of that time struggled with content clearing.

Edit:
The hardest part about King's Fall are the jumping puzzles.

Same could be said about jumping puzzle in VoG, I think I saw more deaths in it at the end than in e.g. Atheon encounter. CE didn't have jumping puzzles, but then it's raid that you just walk through in blink of an eye.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The hardest part about King's Fall are the jumping puzzles.

Not really the point, but then so what? Whether or not people think it's more difficult than King's Fall doesn't change how easy King's Fall is.

what-boom.gif

todd360

Gonna buy the ghost shell that gives you money for killing titans. Trials is gonna be cash. All about that kill titans get glim glim life.

Once you know the mechanics on Kingsfall its super easy. the raids after the first week have been super quick for my Fireteam. its not even a challenge anymore.

Hard raid will be a lot more challenging obviously.

I think its safe to say that there will be random selection of relic holder for Oryx fight :)

Sure it is, but so are the other raids. I have also assumed your last point to be true. ;)

At this point, we've seen it all. If they want to stop health and super regen or change enemy spawns then fine. Mechanically, I don't think King's Fall is difficult once you hit the DPS gate.

Crota's End was more difficult when it came out than King's Fall has been.

I disagree completely. One person had a hard job, everyone else just had to not die. Everyone is at or above the recommended level for KF as well. When we beat Crota the first time 4 people in the team were 2 levels under. Being underlevelled meant a lot more back then. Crota is a joke and not mechanically difficult at all.

Yaaaa I think I will wait on Heroics or something. At 263 I am still getting my butt handed to me as well as the randoms I seem to get placed with. Kinda frustrating after 6 tries in a row just to even finish one.

Arrrammis

Time for more strikes, i needs my loot.

Those of you farming 3oC and strike loot, are you doing regular or heroic strike playlist?

I've been doing the regular strike playlist looking for a specific strike exclusive, but I'm thinking about going back to the heroic playlist. Better chance of loot drops plus the possibility of the taken version of strikes makes it go much faster.

The only problem is the randoms, most of whom leave right away no matter what strike it is or spend the whole mission "sniping" stray dregs. By "sniping", i mean aiming at a rock for 5 minutes waiting for a dreg to jump out.

Tovarisc

Yaaaa I think I will wait on Heroics or something. At 263 I am still getting my butt handed to me as well as the randoms I seem to get placed with. Kinda frustrating after 6 tries in a row just to even finish one.

If you want gear just keep farming Normal Strikes playlist. Quality [light level] and amount of loot/gear is identical to Heroic Strikes playlist, there is no benefit or reason to do Heroics.

I've been doing the regular strike playlist looking for a specific strike exclusive, but I'm thinking about going back to the heroic playlist. Better chance of loot drops plus the possibility of the taken version of strikes makes it go much faster.

The only problem is the randoms, most of whom leave right away no matter what strike it is or spend the whole mission "sniping" stray dregs. By "sniping", i mean aiming at a rock for 5 minutes waiting for a dreg to jump out.

If you want gear just keep farming Normal Strikes playlist. Quality [light level] and amount of loot/gear is identical to Heroic Strikes playlist, there is no benefit or reason to do Heroics.
I don't know what to believe! Heroic or normal strike!?

Sounds exactly like King's Fall.

Well, everyone not dying helps a lot in VoG too.

Don't die, shoot rocket = don't die, jump on platforms in the right order, kill ogre as fast as possible, detonate bomb at correct time, help kill shade before you wipe.

Yeah, sure.

Tovarisc

I don't know what to believe! Heroic or normal strike!?

Normal strikes can and do have Taken alternative versions, also I never saw any difference in loot quality when I did some test farming. Similar testing was done by streamers like Gothalion and even he got similar results, normal giving same stuff as heroics.

Hell, you can even get strike specific items from normals.

Kinda sad that you can "one man" Golgoroth. It's a really cool and complex fight that just gets turned into a quick romp.

One man Golgoroth is quick romp? Wut?

You want quick and effective Golgoroth kill? Learn tactic where is two gaze holders / jugglers.

Fine with slow and tedious kill? Go with one man thing.

Edit:
Ah ok. I was hoping to work on the quest I had to do 5. Will wait then.

Final step for that questline is clearing Nightfall so I would farm normals tad more for more Light, and when Heroic strikes are comfortable to do then do them + Nightfall. Aim for ~280 Light

I'm hoping Bungie makes Vault of Glass relevant again somehow. King's Fall loot is trash and the elemental stuff from hard mode will most likely sit in Fatebringer's shadow since they don't want to make good weapons anymore.

Frankly I'm ready for the next Raid.

Arrrammis

It's kind of reversed though. In CE, 5/6ths of the team spent the entire final boss battle on a ledge, firing a rocket every few minutes, then running inside. The toughest part of that raid was the deathsinger, which was basically that middle section of the undying mind strike, with the enemies one level higher than you.

By January, the whole CE "raid" just felt like a slightly longer strike, which you finished by basically watching one of your teammates jump around and either die to or slash a tall knight.

My personal rating:
1. VoG -huge, clever mechanics, awesome lore, and extremely memorable boss fights.
2. Kings Fall - Lots of interesting mechanics, jobs for every person to do. If your team doesn't communicate, you're dead before the first boss.
3. CE - Again, glorified strike mission. Run in, clear a few adds, build a bridge and cross, then kill more adds, then watch a teammate kill the boss. Not really that fun or difficult, even when running sword bearer. Glitches killed me way more often than any enemy in that strike.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm hoping Bungie makes Vault of Glass relevant again somehow. King's Fall loot is trash and the elemental stuff from hard mode will most likely sit in Fatebringer's shadow since they don't want to make good weapons anymore.

Frankly I'm ready for the next Raid.

VOG such fun.

Cabal up next YEAH!

Would anyone be interested in helping me out with Flawless Raider (PS4)? Its the last trophy I need, and its bound to be really (hopefully) easy with a group of 290s+.

Zocano

I kinda hope there are very very few elemental primaries this time around. They automatically become the go-to weapons because of how useful they are.

I kinda hope there are very very few elemental primaries this time around. They automatically become the go-to weapons because of how useful they are.

If there are no good elemental primaries, there wont be much reason to run King's Fall on hard mode - certainly not for me. The weapons aren't anything special; just random perks and all seem to share the "cocoon" perk, which is really only desirable for a DPS encounter.

They'll probably have adept versions of the current pool with elemental damage and higher base stats.

Well, everyone not dying helps a lot in VoG too.

Don't die, shoot rocket = don't die, jump on platforms in the right order, kill ogre as fast as possible, detonate bomb at correct time, help kill shade before you wipe.

Yeah, sure.

I think when it comes to issues like these, we need to remember the first rule of Fig.

Fig is always right :)

Strider

fuuuuuck.

So tired of seeing randoms get the flayer mantle and not me. This is just sad at this point.

cry.gif

----

Anyway who's up for a crucible train in about an hour?

In King's Fall, (especially Oryx) if one person dies, the whole team has to adjust. Daughters by extension has this same situation. Golgoroth can possibly have this effect if a gazer or thrall duty dies. Warpriest might have this effect if the aura holder dies.

In CE, if one person dies (excluding the sword bearer), it doesn't matter.

In King's Fall, (especially Oryx) if one person dies, the whole team has to adjust. Daughters by extension has this same situation. Golgoroth can possibly have this effect if a gazer or thrall duty dies. Warpriest might have this effect if the aura holder dies.

In CE, if one person dies (excluding the sword bearer), it doesn't matter.

I mean, I was obviously exaggerating because I'm disappointed with how easy King's Fall is.

When it comes to difficulty, there are public events that are harder than Crota's End.

Bogeypop

fuuuuuck.

So tired of seeing randoms get the flayer mantle and not me. This is just sad at this point.

cry.gif

----

Anyway who's up for a crucible train in about an hour?

Fear not I am here now! I am 0-2 for getting groups their Mantles ever since I got mine!
hlxnPHr.jpg

I'm starting to think the misconception about where Flayer Mantles drop is they possibly don't drop from going to Dust Palace directly, but do drop from the Normal Lvl 36 Vanguard Strike Playlist as well as the Heroic Strike Playlist. I will have to do some more testing by going to Dust Palace directly.

Normal strikes can and do have Taken alternative versions, also I never saw any difference in loot quality when I did some test farming. Similar testing was done by streamers like Gothalion and even he got similar results, normal giving same stuff as heroics.

Hell, you can even get strike specific items from normals.
So no reason to do tedious heroic strikes?
If you're looking for loot from one specific strike, just run the normal version of that strike.
Nah, I'm just looking for exotic engrams.

R0ckman

How is the raid supposed to be connected to the story? It seems and feels a bit disconnected. If you play Just the story and not the raid it still makes you feel like you killed the main atntag of the episode, but then you get the raid where you REALLY kill them, but there is no strong natrative there. It's kind of disappointing, story Oryx felt more personal than raid Oryx to me. Don't know what the hell Crota was about though.

Namikaze1

There's a raid called Crota's End? I thought that was a 6 man strike!

So last night I dreamt that hard mode was out and that during Oryx's last stand, Oryx ended up teleporting me and two others to fight one last Echo. Oh and he had King's Wrath active.

Strider

Fear not I am here now! I am 0-2 for getting groups their Mantles ever since I got mine!
hlxnPHr.jpg

I'm starting to think the misconception about where Flayer Mantles drop is they possibly don't drop from going to Dust Palace directly, but do drop from the Normal Lvl 36 Vanguard Strike Playlist as well as the Heroic Strike Playlist. I will have to do some more testing by going to Dust Palace directly.

I have ran it enough to have a decent sample size now.

I've never seen it drop from the directory strike. I have seen it drop from both the lvl 36 and heroic playlist though. So IMO the best place to farm for it is the lvl 36 playlist. No idea if heroic droprate is higher but you can fly through the lvl 36 so fast that it's probably more effecient even if the heroic drop rate is a little higher.

Top Bottom