• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

grief

Anyone wanna help me knock out The Undying Mind in the Hunger Pains quest chain? I don't seem to have the quest done yet and I'm at the boss. PSN: xGrief

deafmedal

Thanks to Deafmedal, Feetie, Phantom, Vibrations and Kurt for the super smooth raid run. I found the fragment I was missing and got 310 claws of ahamkara from the exotic engram that dropped from Warpriest.

I'm so, so sorry for what appeared to be my connection crapping out when we wiped at Oryx on the last damage phase, was my only death the whole time as well :(

Yeah thanks for the super quick run guys! Don't worry about the crappy connection, servers gonna crap out when they crap out.
I got 2 chest pieces (1 at 310!!), the auto rifle and another warlock bond. Great stuff!

Super good run, got several 310 pieces myself :) Felt good running my Titan through within 24 hours of leveling him up heh! Love how easy it was to get my alts endgame ready... Now if I could only finish leveling up at least one of these freaking subclasses :p

LTWood12

I'm gonna do a newbie Valut of Glass run at 4PM EST on Sunday if anyone is interested! I want to run my buddy through it (who's never done a raid) and plan on explaining everything! Everyone welcome!

On another note, anyone wantto do the daily heroic story? I hate doing "final boss" mission by myself. It's no fun.

With what sir? I'm free.

I'll hop on~

Dang it's full!

I'm down if you still need!

Thanks you guys! Schwagger jumped in and assisted. That tank with no radar, exposure, and all those damn ads is fucking tough.

Got my first Jade Rabbit (290 booo) and Devouring Maw tonight. Quite pleased. I have all these cool guns, but no fucking weapon parts to upgrade or infuse them.

SheHateMe

Company just left my house; missed out on finishing the raid with iRAWR and everyone else.

Super glad to see that you guys were able to finish it.

I'll get Oryx one day; now that I know the fight, it shouldn't be too hard. Thanks to everyone who helped out last night!

Company just left my house; missed out on finishing the raid with iRAWR and everyone else.

Super glad to see that you guys were able to finish it.

I'll get Oryx one day; now that I know the fight, it shouldn't be too hard. Thanks to everyone who helped out last night!

Sorry man, we waited for about 30-40 minutes but you didn't log on and we had to go :(

Its pretty easy if you got a good team that knows what they're doing. We knocked it out on the third try!

Trickster

So if I'm at Light 285, should I save my exotic engrams till I get like 300+ or should I just use them now?

Do you plan on raiding anytime soon? You basically need to if you want to get to 300+. So if you're not gonna raid, might as well just use them and see if you get some useful exotics.

it was, and still is when used right in 3v3. but the whole kit got dialed back

Every time you talk about Blade Dancer I'm reminded how little you've played Blade Dancer. Arc blade is the least "win button" of any super outside Ward of Dawn, which barely counts for PvP.

Noirulus

Hey guys. I officially have no hope in getting the Zhalo Supercell anymore. 150 - 200 3oC used, I've gotten 2 Montecarlos, 5 TLWs and 1 Jade Rabbit. I'm never gonna get this fucking gun.

Why oh why is First Curse locked behind not one, BUT TWO Armsday waiting periods?

They are trying their best to stretch out all of the content they have. That's why SS came available suddenly after they flipped a switch and why we still don't have any exotic boots that we already know about as well as other armor pieces.

They are trying their best to stretch out all of the content they have. That's why SS came available suddenly after they flipped a switch and why we still don't have any exotic boots that we already know about as well as other armor pieces.

I get it. It just sucks. I mainly play Warlock, so I have yet to experience a new Exotic HC. Plus with the disappointment that the Raid HC has been, I've been craving a good HC for a while now.

Every time you talk about Blade Dancer I'm reminded how little you've played Blade Dancer. Arc blade is the least "win button" of any super outside Ward of Dawn, which barely counts for PvP.

I had a long discussion with competitive players ages ago when I was doing sweats and everybody came to the consensus that Bladedancers were the uncontested best PvP class in the game. Before The Ram became prominent and pushed Warlocks into the meta, Bladedancers dominated the leaderboards. There was a point where I was actually asked to stop playing Gunslinger because it wasn't as competitive as Bladedancer for PvP.

I never cared for the class (and I've played it enough to not like it), but that doesn't mean I'm unable to say anything about it. The kit was stacked and the super is easy to use. Only one of those has changed.

Everyone is biased when it comes to using what they like and fighting what they don't, but i'm not interested in having this discussion again when there is data out there - both statistical and anecdotal - that says it all.

JHall

ZYB3gBg.gif

Just waiting patiently for the "No Time to Explain"

Future

What's up with heroic strikes starting with no matchmaking? It says searching, but then in a few seconds the strike will just start loading with no one in my roster page.

Tower of course matches tons of useless people

Zocano

Some of the exotics in the database aren't even going to be in the game for a while so we don't know which ones are in and which ones are out.

Plus I imagine they'll be feeding in new content (i.e. more exotics/strikes/stuff) more frequently now.

I get it. It just sucks. I mainly play Warlock, so I have yet to experience a new Exotic HC. Plus with the disappointment that the Raid HC has been, I've been craving a good HC for a while now.

Yeah I agree. I have a feeling that it won't be a great hand cannon though. :(. It's the same class as timur's lash. The impact tier below that kills faster so long as you get a headshot. Oh well I'll be getting it anyways.

LTWood12

I don't see anyone saying Bladedancers aren't dominant. Just that they're less win button than other stuff, which I agree with. But I'm a scrub so whatevs.

next week's weapon?

You need to buy the 'Back in Time' dance emote, and then you go to the moon and do it. Then you'll meet a character in a speeder-car who tells you 'NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, WE HAVE TO GO BACK'. When you enter it, all your expansions get deleted and you end up going into the year 2015. Your mission:Help the Cubs win the World cup. Then you get the pulse rifle or something I dunno.

Well this sucks. I can't find a single person to matchmade for Undying Mind ToM. Great quest yall have. It's so cool soloing heroic strikes.

Even destinylfg has nobody. The 1 person that asked hasn't responded so yea. A quest shouldn't be hindered with the inability to matchmade with someone.

SheHateMe

Sorry man, we waited for about 30-40 minutes but you didn't log on and we had to go :(

Its pretty easy if you got a good team that knows what they're doing. We knocked it out on the third try!

Totally not you guys fault; honestly you should not have waited that long. LOL

Glad you guys got it!

Baliis

If you don't think bladedancers dominated all of Crucible up to Ramocalypse, I don't know what game you were playing.

I have to agree with Zoba, back in vanilla up to HoW Bladedancers were ridiculous.

I had a long discussion with competitive players ages ago when I was doing sweats and everybody came to the consensus that Bladedancers were the uncontested best PvP class in the game. Before The Ram became prominent and pushed Warlocks into the meta, Bladedancers dominated the leaderboards. There was a point where I was actually asked to stop playing Gunslinger because it wasn't as competitive as Bladedancer for PvP.

I never cared for the class (and I've played it enough to not like it), but that doesn't mean I'm unable to say anything about it. The kit was stacked and the super is easy to use. Only one of those has changed.

Everyone is biased when it comes to using what they like and fighting what they don't, but i'm not interested in having this discussion again when there is data out there - both statistical and anecdotal - that says it all.

He's only talking about the super, which has never been an "i win" button. Anyone with a shotgun can easily trade with the Bladedancer super and even a single Last Word could gun them down sometimes.

Bladedancer was the best class in pvp for a lot of other reasons.

Top Bottom