• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I don't see anyone saying Bladedancers aren't dominant. Just that they're less win button than other stuff, which I agree with. But I'm a scrub so whatevs.

Most people have been running high impact snipers since trials, and on these new maps many are running shotguns, so I definitely agree that Bladedancers are not as much of a presence as before. The new supers also overshadow them.

Remove those things though, and Bladedancer still sits above the other classes, albeit Gunslinger and Defender aren't as far behind anymore.

Avixph

I came across someone using the legendary Strangers Rifle in pvp. It's annoying as fuck. Puts a bunch of blue shit on your screen when you get hit by it.

Trust me when I say it's just as annoying to use, that blue crap makes landing some shots impossible at times.

Bladedancers dominated but they had one of the hardest supers to use. It was by no means a win button. Their domination was a result of blink, arc bolt, and Quickdraw.

LTWood12

Most people are running shotguns on the new maps so Bladedancers are being pushed aside - i will give them that. The new supers also overshadow it so it's not as viable anymore.

Remove those things though, and Bladedancer still sits above the other classes, albeit Gunslinger and Defender aren't as far behind anymore.

Completely agree. All I'm saying is Blade Dancer scales much more based on the skill of the player. It's terrific, but not a win button.

Yeah I agree. I have a feeling that it won't be a great hand cannon though. :(. It's the same class as timur's lash. The impact tier below that kills faster so long as you get a headshot. Oh well I'll be getting it anyways.

Slow as hell and the holes between the the lower impact tier are already getting ripped apart by pulse rifles with their consistent dps. If it did an even 100 in pvp that might make it interesting but that's never gonna happen.

That tier of impact hand cannons should have high caliber rounds built in at the very least.

He's only talking about the super, which has never been an "i win" button. Anyone with a shotgun can easily trade with the Bladedancer super and even a single Last Word could gun them down sometimes.

Bladedancer was the best class in pvp for a lot of other reasons.

Depending on the shotgun, it didn't kill them immediately. Bladedancers could easily challenge even Titans(Post nerf) in their own damn bubble. Their speed and auxiliary skills were pretty realized compared to some of the other sub classes.

grief

Well this sucks. I can't find a single person to matchmade for Undying Mind ToM. Great quest yall have. It's so cool soloing heroic strikes.

Even destinylfg has nobody. The 1 person that asked hasn't responded so yea. A quest shouldn't be hindered with the inability to matchmade with someone.

Sorry dude, I made the exact same request about 20 minutes ago and delamarch came to help me (thanks again!), if you still need help, I got you.

He's only talking about the super, which has never been an "i win" button.

Against a Gunslinger, Bladedancer was a win button most of the time. It's so easy to counter arc blade as a Bladedancer, or any of the other classes that have better evasive manuevers, melees and/or health abilities. But anytime a Bladedancer chose to chase me across Exodus Blue, I felt like ripping my PS4 out of the wall.

Bladedancers dominated but they had one of the hardest supers to use. It was by no means a win button. Their domination was a result of blink, arc bolt, and Quickdraw.

It has blink, health regen and auto aim. It's no Sunbreaker super, but you can still use it carelessly and get a bunch of kills. In CQB especially, a lot of its use revolves around spamming melee and letting the game do the rest.

The definition of "win button" changed last month though. Sunbreaker is the definition of a win button.

Well this sucks. I can't find a single person to matchmade for Undying Mind ToM. Great quest yall have. It's so cool soloing heroic strikes.

Even destinylfg has nobody. The 1 person that asked hasn't responded so yea. A quest shouldn't be hindered with the inability to matchmade with someone.

I don't have the quest but I'll play it if you want.

PSN jen867530nine

FStop7

Banned
Man, the further you get into Destiny the more valuable DIM becomes. It's saved me countless trips back to the Tower. Cumulatively I bet it's saved me several hours.

I had a long discussion with competitive players ages ago when I was doing sweats and everybody came to the consensus that Bladedancers were the uncontested best PvP class in the game. Before The Ram became prominent and pushed Warlocks into the meta, Bladedancers dominated the leaderboards. There was a point where I was actually asked to stop playing Gunslinger because it wasn't as competitive as Bladedancer for PvP.

I never cared for the class (and I've played it enough to not like it), but that doesn't mean I'm unable to say anything about it. The kit was stacked and the super is easy to use. Only one of those has changed.

Everyone is biased when it comes to using what they like and fighting what they don't, but i'm not interested in having this discussion again when there is data out there - both statistical and anecdotal - that says it all.

For the subclass as a whole Zoba. Of course it was the strongest PvP subclass, I've said that a million times over. Quick draw, blink, arcbolt and the highest agility. Not the super though, that's my point. Arc blade is not remotely a win button relative to other supers. People who've played the class a lot understand this.

I'm not biased in saying that, it's an accurate statement. You have this huge prejudice against BDs because you didn't like what it did to the competitive community, which is fine. Of course you can say whatever you want about it but it's limiting your ability to be objective when you're usually very thoughtful when analyzing the game.

Baliis

Depending on the shotgun, it didn't kill them immediately. Bladedancers could easily challenge even Titans(Post nerf) in their own damn bubble. Their speed and auxiliary skills were pretty realized compared to some of the other sub classes.

I did say trade at least, you could shotgun + melee and usually you'd both die. Depending on the lag though, sometimes they'd get healed first.

Idk what titans you were killing in their bubble, though you could just Razors edge through the bubble lol. That's more of a Defender problem though, which we're all agreeing is the worst rofl.

Comparing to other supers though, Arc blade had a lot of potential compared to Nova/Fist/Golden gun since it can roam more, but Nova gives tons of DR, huge aoe, and ranged, GG is basically an instant ranged death the second they see you, Fist comes out basically instantly, can't react to it, and gives huge DR so even if you did shotty them, they wouldn't die. Arc blade is the only super I feel bad getting killed by since I know I could've beaten them.

I honestly thought something was broken with my internet or the thing was mislabeled since I kept zoning into it alone. Been meaning to ask on here for help when I wasn't doing something else.

For the subclass as a whole Zoba. Of course it was the strongest PvP subclass, I've said that a million times over. Quick draw, blink, arcbolt and the highest agility. Not the super though, that's my point. Arc blade is not remotely a win button relative to other supers. People who've played the class a lot understand this.

I'm not biased in saying that, it's an accurate statement. You have this huge prejudice against BDs because you didn't like what it did to the competitive community, which is fine. Of course you can say whatever you want about it but it's limiting your ability to be objective when you're usually very thoughtful when analyzing the game.

Drizzay, to be quite frank I stopped giving a fuck about being thoughtful and objective when people started downvoting it and asking for me to post my crucible stats. Now I say what I feel and stop discussing it when people disagree. There's no point in being objective when there are people who will still disagree with it.

Man, the further you get into Destiny the more valuable DIM becomes. It's saved me countless trips back to the Tower. Cumulatively I bet it's saved me several hours.

I dont know what DIM is but they need to add some other things too like being able to dismantle directly from the vault (or even accessing it away from the tower..) and maybe add some type of exotic artifact quest for an item that can decrypt engrams.

I did say trade at least, you could shotgun + melee and usually you'd both die. Depending on the lag though, sometimes they'd get healed first.

Idk what titans you were killing in their bubble, though you could just Razors edge through the bubble lol. That's more of a Defender problem though, which we're all agreeing is the worst rofl.

Comparing to other supers though, Arc blade had a lot of potential compared to Nova/Fist/Golden gun since it can roam more, but Nova gives tons of DR, huge aoe, and ranged, GG is basically an instant ranged death the second they see you, Fist comes out basically instantly, can't react to it, and gives huge DR so even if you did shotty them, they wouldn't die. Arc blade is the only super I feel bad getting killed by since I know I could've beaten them.

Nova Bomb is literally the worst super a Warlock could use in PvP unless you were in a specific comp that depended on it ._.

I hope First Curse is the pvp hand cannon I've been waiting for. A whole section of this game was closed off to me once hand cannons got nerfed and pulse rifles got buffed.
I hated Thorn too, but they went too far.
i could use a pulse or scout, but I just don't want to. They're just not fun to use.
Hand cannons are just fun to use and look fucking cool.

It has blink, health regen and auto aim. It's no Sunbreaker super, but you can still use it carelessly and get a bunch of kills. In CQB especially, a lot of its use revolves around spamming melee and letting the game do the rest.

The definition of "win button" changed last month though. Sunbreaker is the definition of a win button.

Against decent teams you are easily countered. I've killed many Bladedancers on my own. All you had to do was back away or teamshoot. Spamming melee does nothing if you aren't well positioned and you have to be aggressive and in the opponents face in a way that makes you a huge target.

Sticky grenades are my fave doe.

I've wiped too many teams when myself and a teamate both toss in nades that chain to all the enemies. Now though Flux is the best choice.

todd360

I learned to go golden gun in trials if the enemy team had a titan. Titan smash was always saved for bladedancers. Its a hard counter. Golden gun was less likely to fail against teams with titans.

I wonder if nova bomb will be the hard counter for sunbreakers. Titan smash is dangerous since even getting near a sunbreaker is asking for instadeath. Might be safer to snipe with a nova bomb from as far away as possible.

They seem to be able to tank golden gun shots from what I hear. Celestial Nighthawk would be a pretty great counter to sunbreakers. Just sucks that you have to give up 2 extra shots just to be able to save your team from wiping to a sunbreaker.

Baliis

Nova Bomb is literally the worst super a Warlock could use in PvP unless you were in a specific comp that depended on it ._.

Well, I'm mostly just talking casual crucible where people blow supers to 1v1 someone they prob could've killed anyways. There's very little you can do when you're going up 1v1 against a nova/fist. Arc blade I always felt like I had a chance against though.

I learned to go golden gun in trials if the enemy team had a titan. Titan smash was always saved for bladedancers. Its a hard counter. Golden gun was less likely to fail against teams with titans.

I wonder if nova bomb will be the hard counter for sunbreakers. Titan smash is dangerous since even getting near a sunbreaker is asking for instadeath. Might be safer to snipe with a nova bomb from as far away as possible.

if you're playing sunsinger in trials, use your super for heavy round and switch to nova bomb for the last round. they never expect it.

I hope First Curse is the pvp hand cannon I've been waiting for. A whole section of this game was closed off to me once hand cannons got nerfed and pulse rifles got buffed.
I hated Thorn too, but they went too far.
i could use a pulse or scout, but I just don't want to. They're just not fun to use.
Hand cannons are just fun to use and look fucking cool.

Don't hold your breath. Hand cannons got nerfed too much for TTK. They are a pale imitation of their former selves.

todd360

if you're playing sunsinger in trials, use your super for heavy round and switch to nova bomb for the last round. they never expect it.

Sounds like a good strategy. Think I would rather use stormtrance though. You can take on three people at once if you use it right. Just like sunbreaker, but without the god tier armor.

FStop7

Banned
I dont know what DIM is but they need to add some other things too like being able to dismantle directly from the vault (or even accessing it away from the tower..) and maybe add some type of exotic artifact quest for an item that can decrypt engrams.

DIM is a Chrome extension that lets you move stuff between characters and the vault or directly between characters. It lets you equip and dequip gear, too. And it lets you see what you have at the postmaster, though you can't access it (yet.)

I had my Titan out on a mission and realized I forgot to take my stack of 3oC off of my Hunter. Rather than having to abandon the mission, switch to the Hunter, travel to the tower, move the 3oC to the vault, switch back to the Titan, travel to the tower, retrieve the 3oC from the vault, travel back to orbit, restart the mission... all I have to do is open up DIM, select the 3oC stack in my Hunter's inventory, click "Store <Titan emblem>" and the stack magically appears in my Titan's inventory. All in real time as the mission is in progress. It's fucking glorious and fixes one of Destiny's biggest problems.

The only non-quest reasons I need to go back to the tower now are for decryption and postmaster.

Elaborating on my last post, i made a giant thread a while ago (and i mean giant to the point where it passed the character limit) about why all of the maps in Destiny were bad, and it was downvoted into oblivion. Broke down everything into sections and it was neat, descriptive and elaborate. Even posted my goddamn stats when i was top 100. "NOPE SORRY I DISAGREE THE MAPS ARE GOOD YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM"

okay.gif

The good thing about adhering to visceral reactions is that I don't have to explain them and I don't have to bother debating them because I'm no longer trying to prove a point. It was never a good investment of time to begin with.

Baliis

elaborating on my last post, i made a giant thread (and i mean giant to the point where it didn't passed the character limit) about why all of the maps in Destiny were bad a while ago, and it was downvoted into oblivion. broke down everything into sections and it was neat and elaborate. even posted my goddamn stats when i was top 100. "NOPE SORRY I DISAGREE THE MAPS ARE GOOD YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM"

okay.gif

The maps are pretty shitty

I like some of them. They are mostly bad though.

Also I looked up that exotic hand cannon and it seems like its the anti last word. Looking forward to trying it out.

Does anyone have it yet?

The maps are pretty shitty

Well the idea was to explain what was wrong with them and what should change in the future. No surprise that it was met with either shitposts, stat checks, and the obligatory "i disagree i think they're fun", which is another way or saying "i only read the thread title because nothing you wrote would have convinced me otherwise."

So since the last line is a full stop to any kind of logic, it's my modus operandi now.

Top Bottom