• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Destiny |OT♦34| Hi-Yo, Silver! AFK!
Destiny |OT♦34| No really, Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall?
Destiny |OT♦34| The theme for King's Fall is ___________

No, someone glitched(Kings Watch?) and got a hard to get ghost shell, which gave him the intrusion shell.

That was a lie. The guy who made that claim hacked the files or something. At least, that's what I've read everywhere. It would explain why there was no Intrusion Shell once Kings Watch was opened.

Before the daily, someone glitched into the last secret area where you fight the Ultra and get the shell from the chest.

Ah. I didn't realize that Praedyth's Cult Ghost was the Intrusion Ghost. Weird.

Destiny |OT♦34| The theme for Kings Fall is SMART LOOT B O Y Z
Destiny |OT♦34| I know that your powers of exploitation, are as wet as Skolas' backside
Destiny |OT♦34| But we're talking Kings and Successions, EVEN YOU CAN'T BE TAKEN
Destiny |OT♦34| The future is littered with content, YOU WON'T GET A SNIFF WITHOUT EMOTES
Destiny |OT♦34| Prepare for the dance of the century, be prepared for the murkiest scam~
Destiny |OT♦34| Be King Undisputed, Respected Saluted and Seen for the Dances that We Own!

This is probably very obvious, but I just realized that the best way to get to 310 isn't farming the raid, but farming vanguard strikes when you're 300.

By using 3 of coins, you end up getting a ton of exotics. And then any 310 exotics you find, you can use to upgrade your current gear (or use it if you like it).

I just hit 301 today by doing the raid for the first time. My first exotic engram after turned into a 310 invective, and my second turned into a 310 claws of ahamkara

Anybody want to play the raid at least to the first chest so I can hopefully hit 300? I don't care if you've done it a million times or never. I'm a newb. Played up to the daughters but never beat them.

PSN jen867530nine

This is probably very obvious, but I just realized that the best way to get to 310 isn't farming the raid, but farming vanguard strikes when you're 300.

By using 3 of coins, you end up getting a ton of exotics. And then any 310 exotics you find, you can use to upgrade your current gear (or use it if you like it).

I just hit 301 today by doing the raid for the first time. My first exotic engram after turned into a 310 invective, and my second turned into a 310 claws of ahamkara

It is one of the better ways indeed, but for 310 you really have to do the raid. There are no exotic boots engrams yet, so afaik the raid is the only way to get 310 boots.

Ffs. I don't think I'm ever going to get these sword kills in the crucible. On the rare occasion I do actually get the heavy ammo(I'm bad at pvp and also team mates NEVER wait for anyone) I just get wrecked before I can get a kill. Sigh.

Ffs. I don't think I'm ever going to get these sword kills in the crucible. On the rare occasion I do actually get the heavy ammo(I'm bad at pvp and also team mates NEVER wait for anyone) I just get wrecked before I can get a kill. Sigh.

I got 2 kills of the 25 with ammo. You don't need ammo, just go clobber people from behind.

grief

So, what's everyone's thoughts if Bungie will fix the ability to skip the first part of the exotic sword quest with multiple swords? I'm about to get my second sword so I'm not sure if I should rush through the story on my 3rd character to start all 3 copies of A Sword Reforged or not. I haven't done the trick yet, but it's just as simple as finishing the Honing the Blade part with multiple swords in your inventory right?

maomaoIYP

How do folks like The Jade Rabbit? PvE and Pvp
Personally not a fan of it. The goal of scouts should be headshots all the time, every time. Jade rabbit's unique perk requires you to constantly re-adjust your shots. Also the magnification is too high, kicks too hard and the magazine is too small for pvp.

grief

I feel like if they wanted to they would have already. Just look at whats happening with the agonarch rune glitch.

Well the agonarch rune is currently disabled. Even with a charged one, it says you need a charged rune, I know this because it's blocking me from my Touch of Malice. People on reddit reported it happening this morning.

What's this now? My first time hearing about a run glitch.

If you activate the terminal then use an app/DIM to move the rune off your character, your rune will remain charged.

You can use the glitch to charge other runes, charge other peoples, or farm the chest.

Videos are on youtube, and of course there was a short-lived thread on r/DTG

As of right now, Bungie has hotfixed (deactivated) the terminal and now no one can activate it for the time being.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Up to 306 light now. Got my ToM today and got some 309 raid boots to drop. Still really wanting a raid scout or pulse rifle to drop. It was fun to finally go through the last two encounters with ToM. Talk about easy mode, wow.

LiK

Completed Wolves quest finally. Farming Fallen step was fucking stupid. What a waste of time. The missions afterwards were sorta fun altho not that unique. Just need Raid (Heroic) trophy and it's back to 100%.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
How is everyone finding the oryx fight difficulty? I watched my kid run the raid last night, and they were wiping constantly and doing barely any damage to him. I didn't think it looked too difficult, but it did look a little frenzied and hectic. Timing and an understanding of the mechanics of the fight seem to be the key. I haven't run the raid yet, so I don't have any first hand knowledge.

|OT34| Luke, did _____ ever tell you what happened to your father

Crota, Eris fill in the blank with anyone

Edit: Top of the page. Got ToM today.

finish vanilla destiny

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't too far from where they introduced the House of Wolves plot. Once I brought the head of the Gate Lord, I was able to do the quest that I wanted. I can see why people were disappointed when this came out, I finished it within 2 or 3 hours.

It was worth the Queen's Wrath rep, though. Thanks again.

Baliis

How is everyone finding the oryx fight difficulty? I watched my kid run the raid last night, and they were wiping constantly and doing barely any damage to him. I didn't think it looked too difficult, but it did look a little frenzied and hectic. Timing and an understanding of the mechanics of the fight seem to be the key. I haven't run the raid yet, so I don't have any first hand knowledge.

Damage is pretty much all through the bombs, so if theyre messing that up they aren't going to get anywhere. It's not a super hard figt. Parts of it are just really strict and if you mess it up its basically an instance wipe.

LiK

if everyone knows what they're doing and have good weapons and are at high light levels, it's pretty easy. also, the lack of game breaking glitches we saw in past raids helps as well. the entire fight relies on well coordinated teamwork and good timing. it takes practice but not hard at all.

Baliis

My 20 shards finally paid off. Got the titan helm and legs from Oryx tonight. That helmet looks so goddamned ridiculous...I love it!

if everyone knows what they're doing and have good weapons and are at high light levels, it's pretty easy. also, the lack of game breaking glitches we saw in past raids helps as well. the entire fight relies on well coordinated teamwork and good timing. it takes practice but not hard at all.

There's def still some glitches though especially with the bombs. I've seen them just refuse to go off which sucks because it adds an extra cycle.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
Damage is pretty much all through the bombs, so if theyre messing that up they aren't going to get anywhere. It's not a super hard figt. Parts of it are just really strict and if you mess it up its basically an instance wipe.

That makes sense, they were getting pretty frustrated with the insta-wipes. I only saw them get him below 50% once in almost 2 hours.

LiK

There's def still some glitches though especially with the bombs. I've seen them just refuse to go off which sucks because it adds an extra cycle.

sometimes i think some people just aren't close enough to detonate them. the only time i saw a bomb never go off at all was when someone lagged out. the only major glitch i saw was when one platform with the relic didn't spawn for me. the rest did so i don't think anyone got off their platforms or else the rest of their platforms would've faded.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
Each cycle should be about 25%. Do you know mostly what they were wiping to?

It was normally in the first or second phase either just before oryx opened his chest, or just after the bombs. The one time they got him under 50% they weren't killing the thralls well enough on the outside.

Edit: on average, I would guess that they were doing 5-15% damage per phase even when they got all of the bombs.

Baliis

It was normally in the first or second phase either just before oryx opened his chest, or just after the bombs. The one time they got him under 50% they weren't killing the thralls well enough on the outside.

If the runner isn't getting the relic fast enough, the tombships will wreck anyone still on the platforms, so maybe they need to be faster there? And in just picking up the aura in general to get everyone protected. After the bombs should be easy though, its basically just a cooldown period to let peoples revive timers finish.

The thralls idk though, they die in one headshot and shouldn't be a problem at all.

Top Bottom