• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Guys do any of you who have started the quest chain for SS fancy loading up the first mission so I can join on you? Can't be bothered waiting on Bungie to open up the quests again :I

Also what is the definitive way to glitch the sword quest? I've read loads of different things about it. Can you skip the collection of Hadium flakes part?

Bogeypop

clearly the secret is to not play with bogey so he doesn't steal them.

Join usss.... Zobaaa...

Ko2FKbw.gif

Jinjo

Another unique daily!

You're supposed to take down a Taken Knight instead of the normal wizards in the cosmodrome. Sends you to the bunker instead.

Liamc723

Hey DestinyGAF, it's my birthday today! The old, old age of 21.

One of my flatmates, who also plays Destiny, has gifted me £15 in PlayStation funds for the specific purpose of the emotes coming out on Tuesday. So I guess my guardian will be dancing better than I can!

GutZ31

Destiny |OT♦34| Touch of Phallus (Room)
Destiny |OT♦34| Golgoroth, With Crabs
Destiny |OT♦34| Everybody Jump
Destiny |OT♦34| Rahool, the Merciless
Destiny |OT♦34| Falling for Oryx
Destiny |OT♦34| Turkey's, Spiders, and Bats, Oh My!
Destiny |OT♦34| This Is No Invasion, This Is Regicide
Destiny |OT♦34| Howto: Fell a King
Destiny |OT♦34| Dust Palace, Crota's Chalice, Touch of Malice, Room of Phallus

GorillaJu

Does no one play the strikes? I can't find a single person playing the first 2 strikes. I've only done the first strike once and that's it. :(

It's really really hard to get groups in matchmaking for any content pre-40. There just aren't enough people playing that the small window where you're searching will overlap with theirs and find you a group easily.

Daughters fight is dumb, the fight is way more against the mechanics and getting people to do it right rather than anything else.

If you could elect a person to get the spark it would be massively easy. I'd rather things be difficult in a different way than some people can't jump well in bad third person with crazy visual filters.

Staggering oryx is too binary. Either you do enough damage or you wipe, meh.

don't see how thats dumb.. it forces everyone to be ready to be able to do the relic

instead of everyone standing back and watching the best sword bearer of the group as was the case with crota

i really hope hard oryx has a random relic too

maybe its just me but i always thought the 3rd person was meant to be beneficiary? i find it way more efficient personally

Raybunny

Finally someone who needs a mantle gets one now invite me to your team, so I can help
read: curse
you get more

After reset let me do the Daily Story and my Bounties and I'll run some Dust Palace with you

Its ok, I am not looking for anything in particular. Just exotic engrams.

GutZ31

Nice, thanks! I have a 1000 yard stare at about 285 on one char and a 295 Dead Orbit sniper on the other. Not really high impact but it seems strong?

Work on getting the 1000 yard stare up to 290+.
After the first half of the raid, you will need staggering power, and high DPS is the only way to go.
Do some heroic strikes, or Court of Oryx at higher difficulties for a chance at loot to infuse into your sniper.

GorillaJu

Work on getting the 1000 yard stare up to 290+.
After the first half of the raid, you will need staggering power, and high DPS is the only way to go.
Do some heroic strikes, or Court of Oryx at higher difficulties for a chance at loot to infuse into your sniper.

Does the strike being heroic make a difference? I read a guide saying that there's no benefit outside of the Legendary Marks you can get 3x a week or whatever.

el87

I have a question about the trial mode.

If I've reached level 7 and continue playing, when I buy the game, will my EXP be applied retroactively?

E.g.

I continue playing trial and acquire enough EXP to get to level 9, when I buy the game, will I be upgraded to level 9?

deoee

Does the strike being heroic make a difference? I read a guide saying that there's no benefit outside of the Legendary Marks you can get 3x a week or whatever.

If there's a higher drop chance it's not worth the plus of time you have to invest.
Just do normal 36 strikes (takes ~10 minutes).

GutZ31

I have a question about the trial mode.

If I've reached level 7 and continue playing, when I buy the game, will my EXP be applied retroactively?

E.g.

I continue playing trial and acquire enough EXP to get to level 9, when I buy the game, will I be upgraded to level 9?

No, but if you saved up any bounties, you could apply them as soon as you bought the game, and power level a few times.
Also, I think you have the option to use a consumable after buying TTK that will auto level you to 25 if I remember correctly.

7 to 9 really is not much exp, so no worries there in my opinion.

Higher difficulty = More engrams = more chances at higher level gear

You can do the lesser levels, but the higher the level, the better the chance of getting what you want/need.

GorillaJu

Does the level of mob affect the quality of engram? I thought the loot was entirely dependent on the light level you are currently at, but I just paid a little bit closer attention and noticed that the items I got from Reciprocals was an avg 20 light lower than from Stolens.

Tovarisc

You get way more engrams, especially legendary ones.

You get guaranteed legendary drop x3 / weekly reset from Heroic playlist sure, but in my experience that is only moment when they give you "way more engrams" than Normal playlist. When those three runs are used up I just don't see any drop rate differences between Normal and Heroic making Normals optimal way of farming.

Does the level of mob affect the quality of engram? I thought the loot was entirely dependent on the light level you are currently at, but I just paid a little bit closer attention and noticed that the items I got from Reciprocals was an avg 20 light lower than from Stolens.

Doesn't matter. Level 1 and level 40 mobs are just as likely to give you that blue/purple/yellow engram.

I sorta feel like I get better rewards in heroic but maybe it's just placebo

would be nice for bungie to clarify

I mean if heroics are harder to complete shouldn't they yield better rewards

Tovarisc

Well i'm not 'farming' anything, just playing the playlist.

Okay? Not sure how that changes anything. "Just playing" and farming for the gear doesn't affect drop rates of engrams. I played a lots of Heroic playlist after release before moving back to Normal playlist for science [to see if there is drop rate difference]. Never went back to Heroics because Normal strikes are a lot faster to clear and give 1:1 rewards with Heroics.

el87

No, but if you saved up any bounties, you could apply them as soon as you bought the game, and power level a few times.
Also, I think you have the option to use a consumable after buying TTK that will auto level you to 25 if I remember correctly.

7 to 9 really is not much exp, so no worries there in my opinion.

Higher difficulty = More engrams = more chances at higher level gear

You can do the lesser levels, but the higher the level, the better the chance of getting what you want/need.

Thanks for the tip!

So level doesn't really matter that much. Is it more or less a cap that restricts the kind of equipment you can use and what quests you can take?

GutZ31

Thanks for the tip!

So level doesn't really matter that much. Is it more or less a cap that restricts the kind of equipment you can use and what quests you can take?

To add to that, you actually have to kill stuff for engrams to drop. So, if you run by mobs because they are tough, or think they are a waste of time, you will get less engram chances.
Also, majors and ultras(yellow health bars) have higher chances of dropping engrams, and the higher difficulty strikes have more of them to shoot at.

Edit: Oops, let me try responding to you again.

Level locks you out of activities, and dictates what missions you can enter.
Armor/Weapons also has level requirements to use/equipt, so you will want to level up fairly quickly if you want some of the best gear.
Quests and bounties will be a great way to get exp for leveling, but don't shy away from doing all the story missions, or PVP even for pretty nice exp boosts.

Okay? Not sure how that changes anything. "Just playing" and farming for the gear doesn't affect drop rates of engrams. I played a lots of Heroic playlist after release before moving back to Normal playlist for science [to see if there is drop rate difference]. Never went back to Heroics because Normal strikes are a lot faster to clear and give 1:1 rewards with Heroics.

What I'm saying is that heroic has more adds and more majors, so you get way more engrams than normal playlist. Not the boss drops, along the strike you will earn way more engrams than normal.

To add to that, you actually have to kill stuff for engrams to drop. So, if you run by mobs because they are tough, or think they are a waste of time, you will get less engram chances.
Also, majors and ultras(yellow health bars) have higher chances of dropping engrams, and the higher difficulty strikes have more of them to shoot at.

What I'm saying is that heroic has more adds and more majors, so you get way more engrams than normal playlist. Not the boss drops, along the strike you will earn way more engrams than normal.

this is what I've found you get way more drops going through the strike with heroics as you have to kill stuff instead of steaming through. It all comes down to if you're 3oC or blue farming

demonkaze

So the nightfall this week gave me 13 strange coins...
Just finished the weekly bounty for their nightfall reward... Another 13 strange coins, bungie pls.

Top Bottom