• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

So the nightfall this week gave me 13 strange coins...
Just finished the weekly bounty for their nightfall reward... Another 13 strange coins, bungie pls.

Strange coins are actually a somewhat decent reward now, better than getting a shitty legendary or an antiquated rune at least.

Any weapons that needed a Vanguard bounty in Y1 are not in the loot table for exotic engrams.

Red Death, and Bad Juju fall into that.

hmm?

you mean exotic bounty quest ?

bad juju did red death did not

edit: also Invective was part of an exotic bounty in Y1 but regularly drops in engrams

GutZ31

so there is no way of getting it then?

If you didn't get it in Y1, you are likely locked out for now.
If you did get it in Y1, you can pick up the Y2 version in the tower kiosk for 150 marks, and some glimmer.

Edit: You will likely have to wait for Xur to sell it, or some new quest for it to pop up.

phen0m24

OT◇34|R-emote control
OT◇34|Ti+Th=NaCl
OT◇34|Just Do It, Luke
OT◇34|Sunburned and Salty
OT◇34|Farming on the moon since OT33
OT◇34|Xur of Coins

Tovarisc

If you want e.g. Red Death your only hope is purchasing Legacy Primary Weapon Engrams from Xûr when he is selling them, afaik. Getting that Y1 version from Legacy should unlock Y2 into kiosk.

Edit: Also what mehrmantrout said, running VoG / CE / PoE could also give Red Death.

Any weapons that needed a Vanguard bounty in Y1 are not in the loot table for exotic engrams.

Red Death, and Bad Juju fall into that.

Red Death wasn't a year one bounty weapon. Invective was a bounty weapon but can still drop from exotic special engrams.

Seems strange that two year one primaries can't drop from a primary engram, I ended up throwing 300 marks away to get the year two versions of both.

Deku Tree

Not a bug, they are simply not in the primary engram exotic pool.

Was that confirmed by Bungie? Why wouldn't they put them in the pool?

Why would they make it impossible to get Bad Juju year 2 without having the year 1 version? That means the only way to get year 2 Bad Juju is to buy a legacy primary exotic engram...

GutZ31

Red Death wasn't a year one bounty weapon. Invective was a bounty weapon but can still drop from exotic special engrams.

Seems strange that two year one primaries can't drop from a primary engram, I ended up throwing 300 marks away to get the year two versions of both.

True, got several invectives from exotic engrams.
The loot has been shuffled around without a care for what it means for people looking for the loot.

If you want e.g. Red Death your only hope is purchasing Legacy Primary Weapon Engrams from Xûr when he is selling them, afaik. Getting that Y1 version from Legacy should unlock Y2 into kiosk.

Edit: Also what mehrmantrout said, running VoG / CE / PoE could also give Red Death.

so could i use 3oC on PoE 28 bosses? would that increase my chances?

Im not sure i would trust PoE

i was running that the other day to get rank 3 house judgment for shaders and the only drops I got were Y1 items

also the bosses never dropped engrams directly.. it was usually the chest and rewards screen

also PoE is a lot slower paced than i remembered..

Tovarisc

I'm not sure if engram itself can give it to you and 3oC doesn't affect exotic drop rate from boss encounter loot pools, afaik. What I would do is just do exotic loot pool runs [3rd chest in VoG, Deathsinger in CE etc.] instead of full clears, if group is okay with not doing full clear.

GutZ31

Destiny |OT♦34| Party Like It's $19.99

I have no idea what the pricing of Silver will be.

I was hinted that it would be close to a 1-1 with dollars/silver.
The hinter in question could have been joking, but I suspect some truth in that statement.

did not know that.. that explains a lot

bought both red death and juju from the kiosk

Buy from kiosk, or random drop from nightfall.

You could run VoG and CE to get a year 1 Red Death and that will unlock the year 2 one in the kiosk, or buy legacy primary engrams from Xur.

Was that confirmed by Bungie? Why wouldn't they put them in the pool?

Why would they make it impossible to get Bad Juju year 2 without having the year 1 version? That means the only way to get year 2 Bad Juju is to buy a legacy primary exotic engram...

No idea about this decision. Same with heavy exotic engrams, they can't drop from ultras.

Destiny |OT♦34| Party Like It's $19.99

I have no idea what the pricing of Silver will be.

I'm assuming one emote will cost $1.99 or $2.99.

I'll just be happy with the free Silver they give everyone and pick up one or two emotes. Apparently if you play regularly till December, you will get more free silver down the road.

Deku Tree

Buy from kiosk, or random drop from nightfall.

You could run VoG and CE to get a year 1 Red Death and that will unlock the year 2 one in the kiosk, or buy legacy primary engrams from Xur.

No idea about this decision. Same with heavy exotic engrams, they can't drop from ultras.

I haven't heard of people getting Bad Juju from NF or KF raid.

Your best bet is running up to Deathsinger on Crota then doing DS/Crota x3 should take next to no time with our levels

Edit I'd be up for it in a couple of hours I haven't tried Crota since TTK dropped

are people still doing vault/crota? never done them before and i really want red death

Count me in on this too. I missed this content since I only played vanilla and now TTK. I am currently using a Red Spectre, would really like to get a Red Death too.

i still do Crota from time to time since its easy to solo, VoG still my favorite but sadly my team is not always available to do it :(

i don't mind running a couple of vault and/or crota runs

Falifax

I'm assuming one emote will cost $1.99 or $2.99.

I'll just be happy with the free Silver they give everyone and pick up one or two emotes. Apparently if you play regularly till December, you will get more free silver down the road.

I'm guessing they will be offering various bundles with $5, $10, $20 etc. worth of Silver.

Deku Tree

About to attempt shield brothers chaperone 290 strike with randoms... OMG... MM is taking forever too... They put us on the strike with two...

... Anyone need it just join on me. No mic though.

the first post you quoted was about the super and then i mentioned the overall class being dialed back.

but okay drizz.

Not sure why you responded to my post to LT, it wasn't about you at all. It was about LT paying attention to the discussion which I appreciate. If anything it referenced people that responded later about how BDs were a dominant subclass when that was never the conversation.

Anyway this is a forum for discussion and you said you weren't interested in that so let's mutually agree to never talk about it again.

That feel when you need one more fucking sword kill in Crucible and you just get shut out before the end of the match.

OH19UfH.gif

My Warlocks perfect k/d ratio is ruined, but I don't give a hoot.

GutZ31

I know yeah but now it pulsates instead of being pure orange.

Also, best place to get 3 cursed thrall melee kills without dying?

It pulsates orange/yellow when you are charging the controller.
Did this the moment they let you charge from rest mode almost a year ago.

Tovarisc

1JyY6nZ.jpg

Apparently this is it. Not sure I trust the source though.

People getting their hands on this stuff through glitching and/or super rare bugs triggering engram to give item etc. just shows that Bungie has time gated most of actually interesting and cool stuff, which is shame. There is nothing exciting or interesting about need to log in once a day, after daily reset, to see if Bungie has flipped another time gate to Off. If community actually had to solve puzzles, work together to reach insane goals etc. in order to unlock stuff that would be cool as fuck, time gating not so much.

Edit: When it comes Sleeper Simulant I'm not salty about weapon itself because it's patrol / strike destroyer, but questline to get it was way way too overhyped by Bungie and press. Hype fuck out of insane puzzles questline has and then it was basic binary code for 1% and 99% time gate.

Top Bottom