• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

bgbball31

Anyone up for the nightfall? I know it is pretty much the worst and longest strike in the game with most spongy boss, but, uh, at least Spindles will make it go a bit faster?

PSN: bgbball

phen0m24

Haha, well first off they're all Intellect / Discipline, which I think is still the best distribution for Titans, even with the Sunbreakers. If I need my melee, I can always run Monte Carlo -- plus the Stoke the Forge perk on the Sunbreaker can instantly refresh anyway on a kill.

Next, I wanted to prioritize Solar perks because of the new and shiny Sunbreaker, so my chest will increase Solar armor and my boots will grant the Agility bonuses after Solar double kills (which work for weapons too).

Next, both my boots and my chest have increased Sniper ammo, which I think is probably the best ammo perk to have right now.

And then lastly my gauntlets increase Scout reload and grenade throwing distance. Scouts and Pulse Rifles seem to be the go-to primaries right now so that reload perk is helpful. Super Good Advice, Zavala is selling the same gauntlets but with Pulse Rifle reloader if I remember correctly, so I'm tempted to pick those up too with Red Death/Bad Juju being so good.

beast mode engaged bro nice

Kyoufu

The only thing I miss about PVP is The Last Word.

Other than that, most balance changes were good except that Fusion Rifles are still junk and Shotguns are still overpowered.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know. Haven't really looked at them when they drop.

I really like new pvp other than titan super being hax as fuck. It needs to have the same health as stormtrance or something.
That sounds good then my hitchhiker can one shot them ::D :D

The only thing I miss about PVP is The Last Word.

Other than that, most balance changes were good except that Fusion Rifles are still junk and Shotguns are still overpowered.
You can rock the last word in 3v3 nicely. Tho 3v3 has always been where Destiny's pvp has shined brightest in my opinion.

Namikaze1

Just 2 exotic engrams from 10 strikes. Both ended up being dupes. Can't complain though since they both are 310. Hung Jury gonna be 310 tomorrow thanks to my Suros dupe. :D

I can get my titan's gloves to 308 with the ruin wings dupe but I'm gonna hold off till I get the raid gloves.

I mean...if you're not having fun don't play it? If you feel you've hit a wall no reason not to take a break, not like it won't still be here if/when you come back. I think a lot of your reasons have counter-arguments, but a lot of them revolve around how much of a completionist you are:

There are people who do not like it when I take a break from the game, and it's harder for me to get back into the game the more I take a break from it. If I take another break now it'll probably be indefinite.

If there's truly zero vendor gear you need or want at all, you could start spending marks to get all of the different variations of Sparrows to complete the Sparrow collection (every purchasable Sparrow has 3 additional separate variations in the Collection depending on what color drive you give it from Xur). Also you could spend Marks to pull out any Year 2 Exotics where you have the Year 1 blueprint but haven't found the Year 2 one yet.

Already have the Raid sparrows and don't like the others. Already have the ideal PvE/PvP vendor stuff with a few perks missing. The drops are regular though so in a month or less I should have an optimized build.

Disagree on this; outside of likely (confirmed?) needing to get the Gunsmith to level 5 to start the Sleeper quest you can get some cool guns potentially from Armsday orders that aren't obtainable any other way as far as I know. Also this goes back to the completionist thing, but each of the factions has the rank 25 class exotic per class, as well as the emblems/shaders/ships from faction packages.

Unless Sleeper Stimulant is the new Gjallarhorn, I'm not going out of my way to rank up to level 5 like I did for Ace of Spades. I grinded dozens of strikes for the fusion rifle drop, and that was moderately entertaining on its own, so i could do it again if the Sleeper is worth it.

Subjective, depends on if you like the PvP I guess? Also there's the associated Grimoire with it, along with Ships etc (again completionist things).

I used to like it a lot in the early days and started liking it less when the Thorn Felwinter Blink meta came around. I don't like it at all now.

If you're talking about the 3 subclasses each class has that's crazy talk, no idea why you wouldn't want to level them up and have more options.

Don't like playing Warlock or Titan in PvP and in PvE the Nightstalker already fits my playstyle. Don't really find much replay value in doing the same grinding all over again.

But if you're not into the OCD/completion/grinding aspect of the game and you don't feel like anything else is pushing you forward take a break for a while, nothing wrong with that.

I'm not a completionist at all, otherwise I would have been up on the Guardian Lord list ages ago.

I basically love to raid and play with people.

After I finished the raid earlier, I went on xb1 when my nephew signed on to play with him.

I'm in the middle of ToM in ps4 but I do that slowly otherwise it gets boring. So going at my own pace for things has extended to fun of it. I'll do 2 loops around mausoleum and Hill breach and stop there (hadium flakes portion of the quest)

I hope trials will be fun and hard mode KF.

Namikaze1

Unless Sleeper Stimulant is the new Gjallarhorn, I'm not going out of my way to rank up to level 5 like I did for Ace of Spades.
You don't get Sleeper Stimulant quest at rank 5 though. You get the First Curse quest.

Still no word on how to get the SS quest.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Unless Sleeper Stimulant is the new Gjallarhorn, I'm not going out of my way to rank up to level 5 like I did for Ace of Spades.
It was confirmed this week that getting the Gunsmith to Rank 5 will unlock the quest to get the new Exotic Hand Cannon "The First Curse."

Reddit is still working their way through trying to piece together the puzzle that is the Sleeper Simulant.

They need to buff TLW. make it useable again. I hate it now. Shotties have better range lol
Nah, keep it nerfed and also remove it from the Jolly Holliday quest line. TLW needs to die.

MrDaravon

There are people who do not like it when I take a break from the game, and it's harder for me to get back into the game the more I take a break from it. If I take another break now it'll probably be indefinite.

While I don't know what to make of that exactly not sure what to tell you other than it sounds like you might be done with the game. It sounds like you've got your gear and setup as good as your reasonably can right now and nothing else is really compelling you to play.

th3dude

Looking to either run some heroic strikes (need 5 for the quest) or run the Chaperone version of the brothers strike for the quest.

Anyone interested?

It was confirmed this week that getting the Gunsmith to Rank 5 will unlock the quest to get the new Exotic Hand Cannon "The First Curse."

Reddit is still working their way through trying to piece together the puzzle that is the Sleeper Simulant.

Nah, keep it nerfed and also remove it from the Jolly Holliday quest line. TLW needs to die.

I'm going to laugh if it's just the quest for level 5 Gunsmith

Messenger
1000-Yard Stare
Bolt-Caster

Pulse Rifles and (still) bullshit Snipers.

Disgusting

Anyone starting a fresh/newb raid within the next hour or so? I need the fragments still.

Or if anyone has room/time for a newb I'll jump in at/before the first boss.

i miss the nightfall buff, at least there's no rush to do it on tuesdays now though

There really doesn't seem to be any reason to do nightfall, period. In 7 runs so far (3x last two weeks, one this week) the drops have been real crap, sometimes a 280/290 exotic but today I got a blue engram and the other two guys got 284 class item and 289 shotgun. I had solo'd it up to the middle too, so was pretty frustrating just to get an engram.

They need to implement mayhem mode in nightfall, where supers recharge extremely fast and all burns are active. That would at least make it fun, you could go in as a team blazing with supers and hoping you don't die.

While I don't know what to make of that exactly not sure what to tell you other than it sounds like you might be done with the game. It sounds like you've got your gear and setup as good as your reasonably can right now and nothing else is really compelling you to play.

It's not easy to explain. I just don't like quitting and leaving loose ends and I feel like if I stop playing the game I will regret it whether i come back to it or not.

It's not the first time or the first game it has happened for.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm going to laugh if it's just the quest for level 5 Gunsmith
Huh? It's already confirmed that Gunsmith Rank 5 is for The First Curse. Some people hit Rank 5 this week, if you did the Field test weapons in the week before TTK released (when we got to play the new Crucible maps.)

TLW is irrelevant right now anyway.
Problem is you're forced into using it for the Jolly Holliday quest, which is a little bit shit.

Lnkn52

And the award for the tackiest titan goes to...

CQW0tibUkAADvoI.jpg:large

Huh? It's already confirmed that Gunsmith Rank 5 is for The First Curse. Some people hit Rank 5 this week, if you did the Field test weapons in the week before TTK released (when we got to play the new Crucible maps.)

I stand by what I said. I will laugh. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Top Bottom