• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

neoism

so anyone playing crucible dun care what just need 5 games in anything.... one being an elimination win...

-__________-

thanks for making crucbile fun bungle...

i need dat mode of light.. Kappa

psn ne0ism-

Mindlog

Thanks again to everyone I just ran with. Took us a while, but we got there.
Ugh... And what is the best place to farm in mars?
Someone else recommended the method and it worked for me.

Equip your Relic Iron ghost.
Enter a zone.
Zoom in with your sniper rifle. Doesn't matter where, but for some reason it really enhances your ghost range.
Clear out those initial nodes. Use your sniper again liberally to spot new nodes.
Move to the next zone.
does anyone know how to get those gunsmith drops? I need one to hit the next level!!
I probably had eight drops between all of my characters.
When farming Draksis :]

You have joined the "Destiny GAF Community" community.

Thanks, PSN.

X-Frame

what did you end up with for rolls and levels and stuff after the fact, X?

Didn't lose much; maxed at 306 before and now 305.

The difference in Raid / Vanguard armor defense after infusion:

Gauntlets: 310 then, 308 now
Chest: 303 then, 302 now
Boots: 307 then, 303 now

10 marks shy on the xb1 to get the 1000 yard stare and I'll be set for life.

Light 252 and counting. Just did dailies and 1 quest with my nephew. Made him buy the sniper so he's basically raid ready.

EL CUCO

I'm starting to come around on the Chaperone. The Roadborn perk is really where it's at. When that isnt proc'd, it's hella average.

Definitely fun to use tho.

Firthy

Thanks again to everyone I just ran with. Took us a while, but we got there.

Thank you (and the others) for your help and patience mate, wouldn't have had a clue what I was doing otherwise!

Come away with plenty of nice new gear and experience, hope we can run it together again sometime :)

I'm at an interesting place in the game right now.

-No reason to spend marks, and therefore no reason to run the daily or weekly activities.
-No reason to run the raid other than to hope for a weapon or armor piece to infuse in the gear i currently have
-But there's no reason to go higher than level 300, and no reason to commit to gear with less than ideal rolls.
-No reason to rank up the Gunsmith or the other vendors
-No reason to play PvP whatsoever
-No reason to rank up the other subclasses

Of course, i normally don't need a "reason" to play a fun game. Destiny just isn't one anymore. It's even worse because there isn't even any place to talk about why the game isn't fun anymore. If you go to a Destiny community, they'll tell you to stop playing it. Anywhere else is full of blind haters who haven't played the game since last year and just want to spew vitriol.

I feel trapped.

phen0m24

Didn't lose much; maxed at 306 before and now 305.

The difference in Raid / Vanguard armor defense after infusion:

Gauntlets: 310 then, 308 now
Chest: 303 then, 302 now
Boots: 307 then, 303 now

tell me about your rolls too! What did you get from the Vanguard set that was more awesome than the Raid gear! :)

Anyone have a checkpoint after Gorgoroth? My hunter yearns for that fragment.

Edit: If you end up staying to watch me obtain the fragment, don't laugh at my failures xD

todd360

-No reason to spend marks, and therefore no reason to run the daily or weekly activities
-No reason to run the raid other than to hope for a weapon or armor piece to infuse in gear i currently have
-No reason to rank up the gunsmith or the other vendors

Of course, i normally don't need a "reason" to play a fun game. Destiny just isn't anymore. It's even worse because there isn't even any place to talk about why the game isn't fun anymore. If you go to a Destiny community, they'll tell you to stop playing it. Anywhere else is full of blind haters who haven't played the game since last year and just want to spew vitriol.

I feel trapped.

The sine chart says your fucked. Hail the mighty chart! Lulululululu!

Juraash

wow. am I screwed for turning them in?

If by screwed you mean you turned in 4 on a specific charceter already and can't get more....then yes? I was in the same boat for rank 3 and I just had to wait until the reset since they stopped dropping for my Warlock.

On a totally unrelated note, bought 4 helm emgrams and the Cryptarch saw fit to bless me with 3 310 rolls. So now my helm is good lol.

Deku Tree

Wow you don't want to raid with new players? I'm so glad you're not on Xbox Live.

Ugh, if you knew me you would know that I play with new players all the time. I just feel like getting it done tonight though. Didn't realize that was such a bad thing.

Any raids need a +1? Psn: mandiller

Room for 2 more for a fresh raid! Have 3 experienced and one newbie so far, would prefer someone 285+
PSN: Arrrammis

BOOM! now kiss and have fun :)

-No reason to spend marks, and therefore no reason to run the daily or weekly activities.
-No reason to run the raid other than to hope for a weapon or armor piece to infuse in the gear i currently have
-But there's no reason to go higher than level 300, and no reason to commit to gear with less than ideal rolls.

Of course, i normally don't need a "reason" to play a fun game. Destiny just isn't one anymore. It's even worse because there isn't even any place to talk about why the game isn't fun anymore. If you go to a Destiny community, they'll tell you to stop playing it. Anywhere else is full of blind haters who haven't played the game since last year and just want to spew vitriol.

I feel trapped.
Bruh I feel you, I did rage a few weeks ago. Nonetheless I will continue to play for RL friends and help out the community. Main goal is just helping people and playing for my own enjoyment here and there. Dont care about loot as long as I am maxed level, I will make do with what I have.

I wont grind ranks however, will only get the stupid ToM once over a week or two since I hate finding all those fragments and getting the flakes..

coy

Ugh, if you knew me you would know that I play with new players all the time. I just feel like getting it done tonight though. Didn't realize that was such a bad thing.
I think he's referencing a misunderstanding from yesterday. I'm sure it is in jest Deku.

Kyoufu

I think he's referencing a misunderstanding from yesterday. I'm sure it is in jest Deku.

lol, yeah, that was funny.

Anyway, Chaperone is great. I really need to upload this video where I got multi-kills out the ass with it. If you take advantage of that fire rate then you can go on a monster streak.

ERMint13

Do you have to complete Lord Shaxx and the Crucible Quartermaster bounties to get the nightfall tier reward?

I turned in the Lord Shaxx bounties and it pushed my Crucible Rep over a smidge and I got one package. I've heard of it just deleting the old packages if you didn't pick them up....

todd360

lol, yeah, that was funny.

Anyway, Chaperone is great. I really need to upload this video where I got multi-kills out the ass with it. If you take advantage of that fire rate then you can go on a monster streak.

It is a really good gun. Its frustrating losing to last dlc shotguns though. Thankfully that won't happen in trials and iron curtain.

X-Frame

tell me about your rolls too! What did you get from the Vanguard set that was more awesome than the Raid gear! :)

Haha, well first off they're all Intellect / Discipline, which I think is still the best distribution for Titans, even with the Sunbreakers. If I need my melee, I can always run Monte Carlo -- plus the Stoke the Forge perk on the Sunbreaker can instantly refresh anyway on a kill.

Next, I wanted to prioritize Solar perks because of the new and shiny Sunbreaker, so my chest will increase Solar armor and my boots will grant the Agility bonuses after Solar double kills (which work for weapons too).

Next, both my boots and my chest have increased Sniper ammo, which I think is probably the best ammo perk to have right now.

And then lastly my gauntlets increase Scout reload and grenade throwing distance. Scouts and Pulse Rifles seem to be the go-to primaries right now so that reload perk is helpful. Super Good Advice, Zavala is selling the same gauntlets but with Pulse Rifle reloader if I remember correctly, so I'm tempted to pick those up too with Red Death/Bad Juju being so good.

MrDaravon

I feel trapped.

I mean...if you're not having fun don't play it? If you feel you've hit a wall no reason not to take a break, not like it won't still be here if/when you come back. I think a lot of your reasons have counter-arguments, but a lot of them revolve around how much of a completionist you are:

If there's truly zero vendor gear you need or want at all, you could start spending marks to get all of the different variations of Sparrows to complete the Sparrow collection (every purchasable Sparrow has 3 additional separate variations in the Collection depending on what color drive you give it from Xur). Also you could spend Marks to pull out any Year 2 Exotics where you have the Year 1 blueprint but haven't found the Year 2 one yet.

Not much argument from me here, part of why I haven't even Raided in two weeks. Folks could make the argument that the higher you can get likely the better for the Hard Raid which may be true, but eh.

Disagree on this; outside of likely (confirmed?) needing to get the Gunsmith to level 5 to start the Sleeper quest you can get some cool guns potentially from Armsday orders that aren't obtainable any other way as far as I know. Also this goes back to the completionist thing, but each of the factions has the rank 25 class exotic per class, as well as the emblems/shaders/ships from faction packages.

Subjective, depends on if you like the PvP I guess? Also there's the associated Grimoire with it, along with Ships etc (again completionist things).

If you're talking about the 3 subclasses each class has that's crazy talk, no idea why you wouldn't want to level them up and have more options.

But if you're not into the OCD/completion/grinding aspect of the game and you don't feel like anything else is pushing you forward take a break for a while, nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom