• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

And the award for the tackiest titan goes to...

CQW0tibUkAADvoI.jpg:large

I've seen this in a deleted scene from Toy Story

On PvP, since it's hotly discussed on this (edit: the last page) page:

I'm liking it so far. I did TLW quest, I've gotten past the 5 elimination wins in the crucible quest, and I've played a little more here and there. So I think I've put in a decent amount of time to judge it for now.

I think something that is REALLY causing people to be unhappy with the current PvP is that their old favorites have changed. And I'm not saying all the changes are justified either. Handcannons kind of got ARed. I know I was very unhappy when I realized just how bad ARs got nerfed back in the day. And I personally don't think they are all that good now. But I moved on and evolved with the game. I used Thorn and sucked with it. Tried a bunch of other guns and became decent/good with them. Eventually I got pretty good with Thorn too. I improved as a player because of it, even if it's still kind of BS that they nerfed ARs (and now HCs) as much as they did. Shotguns deserve to be nerfed into oblivion. And I used to use shotguns 100% of the time.

I don't think the PvP is perfect by any means though. But I do think the new subclasses are a lot of fun. I have put in 95% time with Warlock and loving it. I don't think Titan is OP. I think the super is VERY good but the rest of the kit is average at best. Nightstalker seems good but I never use Evade and i think that could help a lot if I used it appropriately.

On TLW quest: I don't think it's a bad quest. It's a tough quest sure, but it feels good to hit 100%.

On Swords (and quest): Swords are really fun. Anyone going in and hitting people with hilts is missing the fun. Just play the game. Ok, maybe you suck at PvP but you still want the exotic sword. How hard is it to be somewhat campy on the Heavy spawn, with your team if possible. Grab heavy, then play smart? It's fairly easy to get a 5 kill streak with a sword.

On Crucible quest: It should absolutely by account based. I will not do this on my other 2 characters unless it just happens on its own. But It is a long journey, as it was intended to be. It's basically a campaign for PvP players.

I can understand if people highly disagree with me. PvP has to settle before we can really figure out what kind of a beast it is now.

On PvP, since it's hotly discussed on this (edit: the last page) page:

I'm liking it so far. I did TLW quest, I've gotten past the 5 elimination wins in the crucible quest, and I've played a little more here and there. So I think I've put in a decent amount of time to judge it for now.

I think something that is REALLY causing people to be unhappy with the current PvP is that their old favorites have changed. And I'm not saying all the changes are justified either. Handcannons kind of got ARed. I know I was very unhappy when I realized just how bad ARs got nerfed back in the day. And I personally don't think they are all that good now. But I moved on and evolved with the game. I used Thorn and sucked with it. Tried a bunch of other guns and became decent/good with them. Eventually I got pretty good with Thorn too. I improved as a player because of it, even if it's still kind of BS that they nerfed ARs (and now HCs) as much as they did. Shotguns deserve to be nerfed into oblivion. And I used to use shotguns 100% of the time.

I don't think the PvP is perfect by any means though. But I do think the new subclasses are a lot of fun. I have put in 95% time with Warlock and loving it. I don't think Titan is OP. I think the super is VERY good but the rest of the kit is average at best. Nightstalker seems good but I never use Evade and i think that could help a lot if I used it appropriately.

On TLW quest: I don't think it's a bad quest. It's a tough quest sure, but it feels good to hit 100%.

On Swords (and quest): Swords are really fun. Anyone going in and hitting people with hilts is missing the fun. Just play the game. Ok, maybe you suck at PvP but you still want the exotic sword. How hard is it to be somewhat campy on the Heavy spawn, with your team if possible. Grab heavy, then play smart? It's fairly easy to get a 5 kill streak with a sword.

On Crucible quest: It should absolutely by account based. I will not do this on my other 2 characters unless it just happens on its own. But It is a long journey, as it was intended to be. It's basically a campaign for PvP players.

I can understand if people highly disagree with me. PvP has to settle before we can really figure out what kind of a beast it is now.

The trinity was hit bad but Ace of Spades is almost unaffected by the HC changes, so it's a viable primary.

It's everything else that is making it not enjoyable. The map rotation, the new subclasses, the current meta and the residual effect of Shotguns being relatively unchanged still.

The last time this game's multiplayer was good was November.

jadedm17

If this has been asked I apologize but :
Why
the bloody f*ing hell
does this game give Y1 exotics still?

I'm 279 light and I've beaten the TTK and even bought a few 280 weapons, yet Xur's exotic engram just gave a 160 Thunderlord, a purple engram days ago gave a 160 Monte Carlo, and my first exotic after buying TTK was a 160 Mida Multi Tool.

Is there a way to upgrade my 3 shiny new incredibly weak exotics?
Edit : Getting the Y1 allows me to pay 150 marks to get the Y2, is that right? That seems... Ridiculous.

Finally done with my final exotic sword farming got the last two materials back to back and picked up some legendary gear along the way.

th3dude

Why
the bloody f*ing hell

I'm 279 light and I've beaten the TTK and even bought a few 280 weapons, yet Xur's exotic engram just gave a 160 Thunderlord, a purple engram days ago gave a 160 Monte Carlo, and my first exotic after buying TTK was a 160 Mida Multi Tool.

The engram you bought from Xur was actually called "Legacy Exotic Engram" and only drops Y1 exotics for people trying to complete collections.

MrDaravon

Why
the bloody f*ing hell

Xur's engrams are specifically marked as Legacy engrams for Year One content, that one's on you :p

No idea on the other two, this is the first I've heard or seen of anyone getting year one exotics in TTK.

milkham

Why
the bloody f*ing hell

uh if you read before you buy the xur engram it is called a legacy engram, its for people who are still chasing year 1 exotics for some reason, dunno why your purple turned into a 160, but everyone got a year 1 exotic on starting up TTK missions.

neoism

I'm at an interesting place in the game right now.

-No reason to spend marks, and therefore no reason to run the daily or weekly activities.
-No reason to run the raid other than to hope for a weapon or armor piece to infuse in the gear i currently have
-But there's no reason to go higher than level 300, and no reason to commit to gear with less than ideal rolls.
-No reason to rank up the Gunsmith or the other vendors
-No reason to play PvP whatsoever
-No reason to rank up the other subclasses

Of course, i normally don't need a "reason" to play a fun game. Destiny just isn't one anymore. It's even worse because there isn't even any place to talk about why the game isn't fun anymore. If you go to a Destiny community, they'll tell you to stop playing it. Anywhere else is full of blind haters who haven't played the game since last year and just want to spew vitriol.

I feel trapped.
play other games lol
Kappa

what can i say zoba i feel you.. but its what you get for playing like most of dgaf does... for the first three weeks..:p bungie would say its about 2-3 months of content...lol i mean your why more hardcore then me i only play one character..ive been on that end more than most posters i feel..(taking shit) bungie has done it really fucking backwards leading to TTK... the first dlc was legit just to see what they could get away with..it was not worth 1/3 the base game. then HoW was just to keep us playing til.. TTk.. They legit made us pay 100 to beta test.. plus with Luke saying in that interview they knew some stuff was shit but made us play it for a year.... -______-
they better never do those small ass dlc's again.. otherwise ima just wait out for the leg edition of Destiny 2.. because that was worth 60 dollas...
I dont really like 2.0 crucible more then like it was, old pvp felt tighter, but i thankfully still have fun, at least my fav primary isnt dogshit now..<3 ARs. It would be nice as one of my earlier posts said if they would stop shitting on Combined Arms..., and even though IB is nothing but lag city.. which is not fucking expectable..( bungie is making bank with this game) pay for dedicated servers you cheap mofos... i still like it.. the day i truely stop having fun with pvp.. im done.. but at least TTk made me like pve more...

neoism

Do you have to complete Lord Shaxx and the Crucible Quartermaster bounties to get the nightfall tier reward?

I turned in the Lord Shaxx bounties and it pushed my Crucible Rep over a smidge and I got one package. I've heard of it just deleting the old packages if you didn't pick them up....

nope just shaxx not even sure what you get for doing botboys bounties... theyre not fun so i skipem

play other games lol
Kappa

what can i say zoba i feel you.. but its what you get for playing like most of dgaf does... for the first three weeks..:p bungie would say its about 2-3 months of content...lol i mean your why more hardcore then me i only play one character..ive been on that end more than most posters i feel..(taking shit) bungie has done it really fucking backwards leading to TTK... the first dlc was legit just to see what they could get away with..it was not worth 1/3 the base game. then HoW was just to keep us playing til.. TTk.. They legit made us pay 100 to beta test.. plus with Luke saying in that interview they knew some stuff was shit but made us play it for a year.... -______-
they better never do those small ass dlc's again.. otherwise ima just wait out for the leg edition of Destiny 2.. because that was worth 60 dollas...
I dont really like 2.0 crucible more then like it was, old pvp felt tighter, but i thankfully still have fun, at least my fav primary isnt dogshit now..<3 ARs. It would be nice as one of my earlier posts said if they would stop shitting on Combined Arms..., and even though IB is nothing but lag city.. which is not fucking expectable..( bungie is making bank with this game) pay for dedicated servers you cheap mofos... i still like it.. the day i truely stop having fun with pvp.. im done.. but at least TTk made me like pve more...

yea other games stopped being fun when I started playing Destiny, which is why it's frustrating to want to play the game and not enjoy doing so anymore.

The funny thing is it doesn't have much to do with "being addicted to the loot grind". It just feels better than anything I've played and I always wish I was playing it instead while I'm playing another game.

I liked the loop of playing PvE for new stuff to use in PvE, and playing PvP to do cool stuff and share it. However, with TTK the former is nearly exhausted at this point and the latter is effectively extinct because it isn't fun anymore.

I don't consider myself a hardcore player. Sure I put hours into the game but no more than I would for any other game that I'd enjoy.

bgbball31

Alright, rest of GAF, Mandiler and I need one more for the nightfall. We're at the boss. Anyone down for just helping out?

PSN: bgbball

Looking to put a PS4 fire team together to take out the Earth Taken champions. I'm going to head to the Skywatch first, the hit the Rocket yards, and we can stop in the Divide on the way if you need it.

PSN: chae3001

Top Bottom