• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tbh I've never minded golden gun, void bomb, or arc blade as supers in crucible. But fucking fist of havoc.. it's instant and doesn't matter HOW FUCKING ABOVE THEM YOU ARE, YOU WILL STILL DIE. THAT SHIT IS A TORNADO.

Sorry, but I hate that super. And now Sunbreakers are even worse. So much god damn health, and you give them regen on top of that? Nah, fuck that.

here's the way i see it:

Golden Gun - it's not fun to get killed by this thing, especially after you just spawned, but the player is easy to kill at any point during it so it isn't that bad.

Arc Blade - Easy to kill or run away from and not that easy to use blindly. But blink makes it cheap to fight because of how much ground they can cover. It never felt fair being killed that way.

Shadowshot - Hard to use effectively so i'm not annoyed when i'm killed by it. But being tethered is irritating.

Fist of Havok - When used offensively, i think it's fair because it's not easy to set up. If i saw them charging, i should have been able to stop or evade them unless it was lagging. When it's used "to panic" however, it's definitely one of the most annoying supers in the game.

Novabomb - Basically the same as above.

Defender - Bubbles over objectives are annoying and bubble trains are even worse. But beyond that they don't have much offensive use in PvP so they aren't that bothersome unless it's in Rumble.

Radiance - Grenades home; whatever it's part of the super. The melee used to annoy me, until...

Stormtrance - My screen flashes, they fly around with lightning everywhere and have ridiculous melee range. Annoying doesn't even begin to describe it.

Hammer of Sol - But this class exists so all of the above is irrelevant until something's done about Sunbreakers. Super lasts FOREVER, can throw a bajillion homing hammers, has overshields, takes 3 sniper shots, and they also will have an exotic to make them more lethal in the air. Fuck everything about this class.

Bogeypop

Thread's moving at a snail's pace with all this Secret Room buzz. Kappa

EDIT: They finally showed nKuchDestiny on stream how to do it, but now they don't know what to do after Overcharge, and Golgoroth MIGHT have something to do with it.

Anyone doing a newb raid??? If so I'm down PSN is jen867530nine

Those glowing symbols like in the hidden raid room pop up in the drednaught as well when the hive do the ritual thing over toward court of oryx. Wonder what the symbols mean. I took a pic last week of the glowing symbols (in the drednaught) and 1 or 2 are the same as in the secret room in the raid. Is it an alphabet or numeric or just gibberish? I dunno.

Dunlop

New page bump.
I'd help, but getting ready for a presentation tomorrow.

Also have twitch on in the background. The secret room has all the streamers going at it.
I got help, thanks though

Sadly I thought completing the quest was what have me the 310 artifact

I'm at 299.6 light with 4 exotic engrams that I won't decrypt until I hit 300

Arg

Mindlog

I got help, thanks though

Sadly I thought completing the quest was what have me the 310 artifact

I'm at 299.6 light with 4 exotic engrams that I won't decrypt until I hit 300

Arg
Good to hear. Definitely save those engrams.
What's the sequence?
Odds are it's randomized every encounter.

My own speculation: BUT there has to be something in the raid that tells you the sequence. Check if there are six dick pistons and that type of thing. Maybe something as simple as the order we slammed the relics in the first encounter.

What in the hell is up with randoms leaving strikes? I mean if you're going to leave then leave at the start don't go into the strike like you're going to do something then leave. So sick of this.

if i forget to back out or it's a strike i don't want to play, i usually leave before it loads.

i figure most people who leave midway get disconnected or kicked for being afk. it's not like last year where there were bounties for doing strikes without dying and people would quit if Sepiks killed them.

As for the strikes i quit:

Omnigul because the boss fight sucks
Undying Mind because all the fights suck
Archon Priest because it's too long
Dust Palace if my teammates leave
I like Valus, but if it's the first strike of the day i'll probably quit

Jas

If anyone has the checkpoint to the 2nd platforming puzzle in the raid I'd love to get it...need the fragment at the beginning of it.

coy

Here I am farming nodes for the exotic sword while watching Twitch try and crack this secret. I thought I'd be hype for the newness of this mystery but the farming had me fall asleep just now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Jigga woke me up from a deep slumber with talk of secrets.

What the hell did I miss.
The 2nd room hidden in the post-Golgoroth jump puzzle. Some Portuguese group managed to open the door to it, and people are now trying to figure out the relic puzzle inside.

What is the general opinion about Bad Juju around here? I know it wrecks in PvP but is it viable to make an intellect based build around it and use it in high level PvE stuff? I'm reaching the marks cap (again) and need to decide between this and Red Death (which I never really liked)

What is the general opinion about Bad Juju around here? I know it wrecks in PvP but is it viable to make an intellect based build around it and use it in high level PvE stuff? I'm reaching the marks cap (again) and need to decide between this and Red Death (which I never really liked)

Its good in pve. Now if yoy pair bad ju ju with obsidian mind for a Warlock and it's super for dayyyyys. Great combo for pve!

GutZ31

Yes.
It is quite good in PvE activities as well as PvP.
DPS wise, it is outclassed by a handful of weapons, but the benefit of health regen outweighs much of that.
Edit;
My opinion was reading red death for some reason.

Bad juju is good for both as well, but zhalo supercell has taken some of its thunder in the super energy gaining.
No complaints about bad juju for PvE.

Top Bottom