• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LTWood12

Sorry we couldn't get it done Epyon. That was one of the weirdest, yet most fun runs I've been a part of. Thanks to Ruthless for leading us through the war priest, Afro for showing me a new gaze strategy, and Lik for helping out on the daughters.

Got to Oryx but were too worn out to even try it. Epyon needs an Oryx kill tomorrow night, and Gaf will deliver.

307 Fusion
304 Ghost
306 Mark.

I'll take it.

DocSeuss

Ok so so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil
04: Sleepy Buddha
05: Nightzoor
06: You?

Is anyone else interested? We have one spot open.

We are looking to start fresh as soon as everyone is ready.

Mandrake and co, you guys are the best. Got my Touch of Malice too.

GlamFM

Banned
Just woke up.

Secret room?

Where? What?

Pics?

Are you guys glitching into it or was it meant to be discovered?

I'm so drunk dgaf. My close friends bachelor party. Just want to say I love everyone I played with. Hope everyone is doing good. The raid id awesome and I only wish the best for everyone!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just woke up.

Secret room?

Where? What?

Pics?

Are you guys glitching into it or was it meant to be discovered?
Discovered post-Golgoroth. They're still working on the way to open the door, but a group's already done it and aren't freely sharing how. Something to do with 6 spires that change colour when you stand on them.

Anyone on the One having connection issues? Checked my connection and apparently it's fine but the game is straight up refusing to matchmake me in crucible. Been sitting and searching for over 5 minutes and it has yet to find anyone.

Cade

This nightfall is rough with people who aren't very good. Does anyone wanna do one real quick on my Hunter so I can go back to pretending this strike doesn't exist? The 2.0 patch nerfed a lot of things but I think Xbox players were hit hardest since now they have to deal with it.

sephi22

Thanks to J. Rocca, LJ, Sajj, and others for (relatively) quick run till sisters. Sorry for my fuckups. #fucksony

Shoutouts to j. rocca for guiding the newbs and saving them from listening to my accent.

I want the touch of malace I need some help doing the raid boss quest. And whats the best ultra to pop 3 of coins on or it doesnt matter?

DocSeuss

CQX_6LIW8AAAflr.jpg

What am I missing?

Jade Rabbit, the three swords, No Time to Explain, The First Curse, Fate of All Fools (yeah?), and...

It would seem like there's a secondary I've not yet discovered. What is it?

sephi22

Its fun to see Krystal_Ann's group mess around in the secret room while other streamers are watching her stream backseat gaming and being all frustrated coz they don't know how to get into that room XD

Its fun to see Krystal_Ann's group mess around in the secret room while other streamers are watching her stream backseat gaming and being all frustrated coz they don't know how to get into that room XD

what worked for her isn't working for others

If there are six things to jump on to open this secret door then there should be 720 possible combinations by my half asleep math.

it's supposed to be a U shape, we tried all combinations, no luck

Jinjo

CQX_6LIW8AAAflr.jpg

What am I missing?

Jade Rabbit, the three swords, No Time to Explain, The First Curse, Fate of All Fools (yeah?), and...

It would seem like there's a secondary I've not yet discovered. What is it?
Fate of all fools is the Bolerean scout rifle you already have. So you miss Jade Rabbit, First Curse, No Time to Explain. The secondary is Sleeper Stimulant since it's technically a Fusion Rifle (NLB is also listed as a sniper and thus a special instead of primary even though it goes in that slot).

GlamFM

Banned
OK, I´m pretty sure that lighting up the runes is actually a bad thing. They´re getting it wrong from the very beginning.

In sky watch trying to solo taken events cause matchmaking is fucking retarded and I need to finish this quest. Halfway through two random 40's show up. Cool...now it will be easy. Nope...they go do the fucking public event and completely ignore the taken champion. What the actual fuck.

The randoms I raided up to ogre boss with yesterday never invited me back tonight lols, but erm if anyone needs a 298 hunter with epic sword and black spindle powers I can join your raid.

Also I can't sleep so I have all night basically lmao

Edit: I have the ogre boss checkpoint I think so I'm going to poke around for secret exotic loot boxes xD

I need to kill oryx on my 302 hunter. Have the checkpoint. Any experienced people here want to form a group? Don't have a lot of time is all.

Edit. Actually fuck I joined a daughters checkpoint before.

GhaleonEB

Okay. Now just one more. We have two newbies. Ghaleon had to leave.

I left because I'm exhausted and it's late; I thought we were going to keep going tomorrow. :\

At any rate - King's Fall is huge and much more varied than the other raids. I enjoyed two of the platforming sequences (swinging poles and ships) and the relay race sequence. The ships sequence in particular was just wonderful spectacle and platforming; great sense of vertigo leaping across the ships and learning to time the jumps onto rapidly moving targets. I didn't care for the bosses. Something about the um, knight in the cape? sequence was just oddly unfun. Like one too many things to juggle, too many phases to rotate through. With each of the bosses I felt like we were spending a lot of time just waiting out phases rather than really manipulating the encounter or working as a team. We'd get this window to damage the boss and then just hang out for a long time waiting for the next one.

I got a 300 ghost out of it (replacing a 285 so yay) and lots of (new) shards. Curious to finish it, but raiding is definitely not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom