• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ghaleon learns how to fly.

rdgreg.gif

Don't worry Ghaleon, we're still going to help you get your kill. I just need to get something for my hunter.

GlamFM

Banned
Krystal_Ann and her team are not making progress. They are more or less trying the same thing over and over again.

I left because I'm exhausted and it's late; I thought we were going to keep going tomorrow. :

At any rate - King's Fall is huge and much more varied than the other raids. I enjoyed two of the platforming sequences (swinging poles and ships) and the relay race sequence. The ships sequence in particular was just wonderful spectacle and platforming; great sense of vertigo leaping across the ships and learning to time the jumps onto rapidly moving targets. I didn't care for the bosses. Something about the um, knight in the cape? sequence was just oddly unfun. Like one too many things to juggle, too many phases to rotate through. With each of the bosses I felt like we were spending a lot of time just waiting out phases rather than really manipulating the encounter or working as a team. We'd get this window to damage the boss and then just hang out for a long time waiting for the next one.

I got a 300 ghost out of it (replacing a 285 so yay) and lots of (new) shards. Curious to finish it, but raiding is definitely not my cup of tea.
That's pretty much my problem with King's Fall, too. I like it, but the bosses feel too convoluted for their own good. Too video-gamey, if you will. Like Bungie's trying too hard. Which is a feeling I never had with any of the bosses in VoG and CE.

Wanting to start a fresh raid party up and have 3 people so far.

1. Me
2. Friend
3. Sianoqq
4. Inthrall

Starting whenever we have enough people.

taco543

I left because I'm exhausted and it's late; I thought we were going to keep going tomorrow. :\

At any rate - King's Fall is huge and much more varied than the other raids. I enjoyed two of the platforming sequences (swinging poles and ships) and the relay race sequence. The ships sequence in particular was just wonderful spectacle and platforming; great sense of vertigo leaping across the ships and learning to time the jumps onto rapidly moving targets. I didn't care for the bosses. Something about the um, knight in the cape? sequence was just oddly unfun. Like one too many things to juggle, too many phases to rotate through. With each of the bosses I felt like we were spending a lot of time just waiting out phases rather than really manipulating the encounter or working as a team. We'd get this window to damage the boss and then just hang out for a long time waiting for the next one.

I got a 300 ghost out of it (replacing a 285 so yay) and lots of (new) shards. Curious to finish it, but raiding is definitely not my cup of tea.

just added you on PSN and sent you a message dude.

I left because I'm exhausted and it's late; I thought we were going to keep going tomorrow. :\

I'll do it with you still, we'll gather a group~

daedalius

When will bungie add some real LFG tools so people don't have to rely on a single system dominated thread of 50 posts per page to get a couple extra members for the raid group?

Gaf needs seperate LFG threads for xbox and psn, then keep the community posts here.

Zocano

That's pretty much my problem with King's Fall, too. I like it, but the bosses feel too convoluted for their own good. Too video-gamey, if you will. Like Bungie's trying too hard. Which is a feeling I never had with any of the bosses in VoG and CE.

Complexity is a good thing, though. Making it *too* complex I can see being a problem but I don't think the bosses we had were that bad. In fact, I want fights to continue being this complex and perhaps even more so. However, I would like them to try and figure out more mechanics than just "stand on this thing". Golgoroth was really great because they put in a mechanic of "Tanking" and taking aggro. I'm not as huge of a fan as the Deathsinger and Oryx mechanic however. Golgoroth is easily my favorite "boss" encounter in the raids thus far. The bridge from Crota's End is probably my favorite non-"boss" encounter.

When will bungie add some real LFG tools so people don't have to rely on a single system dominated thread of 50 posts per page to get a couple extra members for the raid group?

Soon I hope, I sat around from like 5pm to 11pm hoping my group yesterday needed me back but seems they just needed noobs like me to get to golg so they could get the meat of the raid done tonight.

I think this is why I never bothered with vault of glass and the crota raid lol

sephi22

Gaf needs seperate LFG threads for xbox and psn, then keep the community posts here.

There's this.
https://www.the100.io/

Soon I hope, I sat around from like 5pm to 11pm hoping my group yesterday needed me back but seems they just needed noobs like me to get to golg so they could get the meat of the raid done tonight.

I think this is why I never bothered with vault of glass and the crota raid lol
We can start from golg tomorrow. I reached right past golg with a group today but that fight was quick so I don't mind doing it again. I'm on PS4 only though

My biggest issue, is when people dont read a few posts on the page or two and miss something that is the exactly the same thing they would like to do.

Juraash

Well that was a very lucrative two bosses. New bond, new helm, 310 shotgun, 305 pulse and a 310 Hawkmoon. My Warlock class weapons are maxed now or close enough, I had enough goodies from earlier to get my raid helm to 310.

But more exciting than any of that, was using Touch of Malice on Daughters and Oryx. Holyyyyy shit is that gun fun to use in those fights.

Thanks a ton for the invite guys. I'm super glad I stayed up doing random crap. Those fights are super fun and it was great running with you all.

daedalius

There's this.
https://www.the100.io/

We can start from golg tomorrow. I reached right past golg with a group today but that fight was quick so I don't mind doing it again. I'm on PS4 only though

Not the same, would rather have an Xbox LFG thread here.

I mean, I'd really rather have bungie make some effort with making tools for grouping, but if all I can get is an LFG thread I guess that is sufficient for now.

sephi22

The PS4 destinyGAF community is great for this. I saw some LFG posts there today, but I suppose more people need to use it and make it the standard. It also has a neat party section where you can see who's online and in a party.

We should standardize some sort of format for parties. That way you can just look for parties in the community with 'LFG Raid' etc. in their title etc.

I'm PS4 as well, same gamertag as my username here. The golg fight looks fun!
Alright. Ill add you.

Complexity is a good thing, though. Making it *too* complex I can see being a problem but I don't think the bosses we had were that bad. In fact, I want fights to continue being this complex and perhaps even more so. However, I would like them to try and figure out more mechanics than just "stand on this thing". Golgoroth was really great because they put in a mechanic of "Tanking" and taking aggro. I'm not as huge of a fan as the Deathsinger and Oryx mechanic however. Golgoroth is easily my favorite "boss" encounter in the raids thus far. The bridge from Crota's End is probably my favorite non-"boss" encounter.

Warpriest and Golgoroth were the better two of the raid, I'll give you that. Especially once you get Golgoroth's strategy, taking him down feels very rewarding. Oryx, on the other hand, just feels like rules slapped upon rules for the sake of having rules.

The bridge is a great encounter, and I also really enjoyed the Deathsinger part in Crota's End. The Atheon fight, sans glitches, is also one of my favorites.

There should always be different ways to kill bosses.

I very much agree with this sentiment. Sure, Crota required you to kill him with the sword, but how you got him on his knees and where was entirely up to you. Oryx is just a big rulebook. You have to get on the platforms for some arbitrary reason, in an order dictated by where he slams down his fist. Score some relic that's floating there for god-knows-what reason.

There were relics in Crota's End and Vault of Glass, too, but you knew why they were there. In the Vault of Glass, Kabr crafted that shit out of the Vex he killed and left it so another fireteam could finish what he started. In Crota's End, you knew Eris and her Fireteam had been down there before. But the stuff during the Oryx fight is just there to help you fight him, which doesn't make any sense.

I still think King's Fall is a fantastic raid. The leadup to the first boss in particular. The orb section, the jumping puzzles, those are fantastic. The moment you pass Golgoroth, however, it all just feels like it kinda falls apart. You get a huge wall of cocks, two stationary bosses and a background object that can kill you.

Not the same, would rather have an Xbox LFG thread here.

I mean, I'd really rather have bungie make some effort with making tools for grouping, but if all I can get is an LFG thread I guess that is sufficient for now.

There's been so much discussion on this, and while I still agree that an Xbox One LFG thread is a good idea I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen. Only a handful of people actually read posts, A community feature like on PS4 would be amazing.

The PS4 destinyGAF community is great for this. I saw some LFG posts there today, but I suppose more people need to use it and make it the standard. It also has a neat party section where you can see who's online and in a party.

We should standardize some sort of format for parties. That way you can just look for parties in the community with 'LFG Raid' etc. in their title etc.

I haven't been able to get into the dgaf community, I'm in the regular neogaf one, but I'm not surprised with how fast pages fly by here and the mods likely had thousands of requests.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I agree that Golgoroth is the most well-designed encounter. I think the problem with the other fights, especially Oryx and Sisters, is that it communicates practically nothing to the players. It's incredibly obtuse, I can't even imagine going in blind, the only way to learn is trial and error. Also this newfound love of jump mechanic has got to go in raids. So many people are not good at it - and that's fine because Destiny is a shooting game, not a goddamn platformer, but the raid forces everyone to be a pro at the jumping. I personally don't mind it and I like doing the jumping on Sisters and Oryx, but I'd say the majority of people I've played with are the opposite. But yeah, you look at the Oryx encounter and it's just completely inscrutable - even if you watch it, if you haven't had the mechanics explained, it's almost entirely incomprehensible. The most flat-out silly part is the running from the explosions bit, which makes no sense at all. The only part of that entire encounter that's self-explanatory while still being a good challenge is the teleportation phase imo.

I've already reached a point where I don't want to do Oryx with more than 1 or 2 newbies because it takes forever because the fight is so complex and hard to figure out, and I just don't care to spend 2 hours on it every time. Golgoroth, by contrast, is challenging and requires tight communication and coordination, but it's a very simple fight to explain and to "get" as a newbie, which is just so much better designed in my eyes.

All that said, I actually enjoy the Oryx fight when everybody's on top of their game, but the whole thing is just kind of an incoherent mess.

Born2Live

My biggest issue, is when people dont read a few posts on the page or two and miss something that is the exactly the same thing they would like to do.

Ha! This always makes me laugh. I suppose people's excuse would be that the thread moves to quick at times, but still when the posts are 3-5 minutes after each other it's pretty funny.

In other news only one more day until I get back home from my vacation. And boy I've realised my Destiny addiction is real. Can't wait to jump back in, left my Warlock at 288 light so shouldn't take much to get her raid ready. Also want to work on getting ToM and Exotic Swords by the end of the week.

Ty

TP-DK

My god Supercell is so much fun in pve! I just played the new ps exclusive strike (one with the relics) and I just chain lighted all the enemies. I played as stormcaller to get the full package.

This is like when I first got the Hawkmoon and played through strikes just because it was so great to use.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good run guys. Got two new people their Oryx kill. Got my 310 artifact.

Ghaleon and Hrnet. We'll get you your kills.

Langy

Morning Dgaf!

I suppose its a bit of a dodgy time to try and raid, Euro morning time, however if anyone is forming a raid i would like to join in. Or if enough people want we can create our own i suppose?

Just gonna run some strikes for a bit so if anyone needs someone/wants to form a raid shoot me a message. psn is Langoit

DocSeuss

Welp, I have another character raid-ready... aaaaaand now I've found out my dog is gonna be put down 'cause cancer, so, uh, my weekend's shot. :|

Fate of all fools is the Bolerean scout rifle you already have. So you miss Jade Rabbit, First Curse, No Time to Explain. The secondary is Sleeper Stimulant since it's technically a Fusion Rifle (NLB is also listed as a sniper and thus a special instead of primary even though it goes in that slot).

1) Last I'd heard, Fate of All Fools was coming. It currently exists in the game for one person and one person only. Doing a bit more digging, apparently it's not getting a year 2 version, which is annoying.

2) Boolean is a retooled 347 Vesta Dynasty. Back then, its perks were called David/Goliath iirc.

3) I'm guessing nobody knows how to get No Time To Explain.

4) Did Black Spindle have a slot before being discovered? I'm wondering if it's possible there are more exotics we don't know about that aren't on the list.

5) Neat, didn't realize NLB is listed as a special. Makes sense that slot is Simulant.

Wallach

They renamed the base perk on Boolean Gemini "Fate of All Fools" - I believe the intent is to leave the previous gun version exclusive to the person who they manually gave the item to. I would not expect to see that particular gun get released to the rest of the player base.

Some exotics do not show up in the kiosk with a slot until they are discovered. Black Spindle was one of them.

Hzoltan69

Would like to clear the raid with my alt (302). Don't have a lot of time, though. Any experienced people looking for a quick run?

SkylineRKR

They renamed the base perk on Boolean Gemini "Fate of All Fools" - I believe the intent is to leave the previous gun version exclusive to the person who they manually gave the item to. I would not expect to see that particular gun get released to the rest of the player base.

Some exotics do not show up in the kiosk with a slot until they are discovered. Black Spindle was one of them.

No. Jade Rabbit is Fate of all Fools. Jade Rabbit has the perk and the same stats. Other perks are the same as well.

Old FOAF was just a Stranger's Rifle template, but then Scout class. The looks went to No Time To Explain.

Here's mine in action against Heroic Taniks, no reloading for days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SISJJvGhXsM

SPCTRE

I got dat Zhalo Supercell this morning, I'm so fucking happy

my first elemental primary, I think I'm actually tearing up a little

noomi

This is awesome! Some randoms on reddit have the sequence about 25min ago, looks like we'll all be able to get it now.

Top Bottom