• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Really? I read that if you had all the expansions instead of a level 30 character you get the VIP rewards :(?

Thanks for the other two :)

Yeah sorry I thought you did not have the expansions prior to TTK. You can pick up the VIP rewards from shipwright and emblem/shader lady.

I thought you got the VIP stuff if you had the expansion pass if you didn't hit 30. Could be wrong though, leyt me check.

Edit:In order to qualify for these rewards, you'll need to fulfill one of two criteria: You need to have reached Light level 30 with at least one character or have purchased the first two expansions (The Dark Below and House of Wolves) by August 31, 2015.

I always thought it was both.

Hmm sounds like no progress on the raid secret room? Seems like there's still a piece or two missing for now, unless you have to do something really obtuse.

Nothing at all. I feel it is tied to hard mode so bungie won't say anything, might require a quest to trigger the next step (50 fragments) or you need to kill warpriest and/or golgoroth in a certain way to trigger the runes.

deafmedal

Inexperienced group of 4 guardians looking for 2 brave souls to run KF from the sisters! Come join us for platforming hijinks :)

Dez_

Hey everyone!

There's four of us looking to start the King's Fall Raid in about 15-20 minutes. Anybody interested in joining? First time attempting. PS4 here.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Today has been off to a good start, got my Saint 14 up to 310, got a 310 Taikonaut, got Dark Drinker, and the Darkblade helm for my Titan.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I tried last night but had no takers, so here we go again:

I have the 300 light Sunless Cell strike to finish my exotic sword. Would really appreciate a couple gaf pros to help me out, I'm a 293 light lock. I'm not on Destiny atm but if anyone volunteers I'll hop over.

Future

Even in mayhem, the top killers always have year 1 shotguns. God I wish bungie would phase these out somehow even in normal crucible

So I am liking my new strat for Golgoroth saves a lot of hassle and isn't as tedious as the one gaze method.

1. Clear adds like normal.
2. Have a guardian on the right side on the bridge be a temp gaze grabber and he grabs the first gaze.
3. Everyone else shoots the front left orb and then your permanent gaze holder grabs the gaze and counts down.
4. Once the timer is down to 2 the temp gaze grabber (still on the other side) grabs the gaze again.
5. Shoot down the mid left orb and then repeat step 3 and 4 and then shoot down the back left one.
6. Dps phase is over and boss should be around 1/2, 2/3 left.
7. Kill adds and repeat till dead.

This method seems to work really smoothly and only requires one person to be confident with the gaze.

Is the temp gazer just chilling during DPS or running into the pool then running back to the right? Or clearing adds?

I'm sure this works well but it's a question of how many cycles it takes vs its difficulty/complexity. Can you actually 2 cycle Golgi (only 6 total orbs) or is it still going to take 3 cycles? There'd be 2, maybe 3 waves of add clears depending on whether or not you triggered Taken spawns after the 2nd cycle (I think it switches around 25% HP left?).

I don't really understand why people can't do double gaze. First cycle should do enough damage to spawn Taken so you only have to clear the initial add wave. For teams that struggle w the gaze too much I'd just keep it simple and 4 or 5 cycle w the one gaze strat.

LTWood12

Is the temp gazer just chilling during DPS or running into the pool then running back to the right? Or clearing adds?

I'm sure this works well but it's a question of how many cycles it takes vs its difficulty/complexity. Can you actually 2 cycle Golgi (only 6 total orbs) or is it still going to take 3 cycles? There'd be 2, maybe 3 waves of add clears depending on whether or not you triggered Taken spawns after the 2nd cycle (I think it switches around 25% HP left?).

I don't really understand why people can't do double gaze. First cycle should do enough damage to spawn Taken so you only have to clear the initial add wave. For teams that struggle w the gaze too much I'd just keep it simple and 4 or 5 cycle w the one gaze strat.

Drizz
Epyon
Colonel
Saveweyard or Definity

Y'all still good in an hour for oryx with me and T?

Yeah the temp gaze grabber helps with the adds, allows for the DPS to do as much damage as the can as the shooting down of the orbs is one of the bigger problems I have encountered in that fight and this method allows for 3 full 20 second dps phases.

Since, in my experience, people seem to struggle with two 'Tanks' this method allows for a more consistent fight and when paired with enough burst (WoL, Tethers and Spindles) you can two phase him as well. In the long run it probably won't be as effective as having a competent team with good communication that can two Tank but it allows for some flexibility and isn't as tedious as one gazing every time.

Going through the whole Taken War quest line again on alts is a pain.

If anyone cares to help I'm on the champions on Earth step right now.

Top Bottom