• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

After about 50 dead Orbit rank ups between 7 of my characters between 2 consoles (rip original warlock, DO rank was 18 or 19), i have never seen a single shader or ship. I don't believe in smart loot. I might just retire from dead Orbit for life at this point. My last 2 rank ups got me 2 Hung Jury back to back the other day, both with worse perks than vendor so they were sharded. I want shaders damnit!

So I had vanilla destiny with the two expansions although never played past level ten.

I've recently just gotten TTK and have a couple of questions.

Where do I get the year 1 VIP rewards? Do I need to be a certain level for the quest to pop?

If I use the level 25 boost its it still possible to revisit the old quests? Is it recommended I play through the first 25 normally before boosting or should I just boost and get going as I won't miss much?

I had the frontier shell on my old character but if I create a new one I don't receive it from the post master? Is this only designed to be given to one if your characters?

You had to be level 30 on at least 1 character before sept 1. Sorry but you are not eligible for the VIP rewards.

The special orders lady used to have the CE stuff like ghosts and sparrows, but she's been taken out of the game so there is no way to get that ghost atm. You don't want one anyway, it has 3 light and it's basically useless.

You can do all the old story missions and quests, you'll find them in the abandoned quests kiosk next to the vanguard leaders.

Kyoufu

The old ships are not even dropping anymore, are they?

I've done close to 20 rank ups across the 3 factions since TTK launch and DO was the only one to give me a new ship (the trials re-skin one).

I don't know. I've only gotten Comitatus and The Road Unraveled.

Why would they remove the old ships from the package pool?

I don't know. I've only gotten Comitatus and The Road Unraveled.

Why would they remove the old ships from the package pool?

Old ships had a disgustingly low drop rate in any case, so either they are not dropping or the chances of getting them are very rare. Have not heard of anyone getting an old ship from a package since TTK.

gdt

Awwwwwesome! Just beat Oryx for the first time. Great job team!

Got a bunch of stuff but most importantly the 308 auto rifle. Worth keeping or use it for infusing material?

Purdy

You had to be level 30 on at least 1 character before sept 1. Sorry but you are not eligible for the VIP rewards.

The special orders lady used to have the CE stuff like ghosts and sparrows, but she's been taken out of the game so there is no way to get that ghost atm. You don't want one anyway, it has 3 light and it's basically useless.

You can do all the old story missions and quests, you'll find them in the abandoned quests kiosk next to the vanguard leaders.

Really? I read that if you had all the expansions instead of a level 30 character you get the VIP rewards :(?

Thanks for the other two :)

I thought you got the VIP stuff if you had the expansion pass if you didn't hit 30. Could be wrong though, leyt me check.

Edit:In order to qualify for these rewards, you'll need to fulfill one of two criteria: You need to have reached Light level 30 with at least one character or have purchased the first two expansions (The Dark Below and House of Wolves) by August 31, 2015.

Arrrammis

So I had vanilla destiny with the two expansions although never played past level ten.

I've recently just gotten TTK and have a couple of questions.

Where do I get the year 1 VIP rewards? Do I need to be a certain level for the quest to pop?

If I use the level 25 boost its it still possible to revisit the old quests? Is it recommended I play through the first 25 normally before boosting or should I just boost and get going as I won't miss much?

I had the frontier shell on my old character but if I create a new one I don't receive it from the post master? Is this only designed to be given to one if your characters?
You had to have been level 30 for the VIP rewards for year 1, but you didn't miss much (shader, emblem, sparrow).

You could boost and still go through all of the story missions, personally I would go through them at your real level because there are some challenging bosses, but when you're 15 levels above them it feels too easy IMO. You wouldn't actually miss anything besides fighting enemies the same level as yourself (until you hit the DLC content at least).

The frontier shell is kind of missing right now, but it's stuck at 3 light(which is the same as your basic white ghost), so you probably wouldn't use it beyond showing off.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Bungie please let me carry this around
CQbpt9UXAAEPPeE.png:large

PLIS

Highwind

Buy a bunch of black spindles from your collection they come at 300 light, 2500 glimmer. Infuse, Party!

If you are lucky enough to have gotten a Black Spindle none of your special weapons should be anything but 300 light.

I even have a few junk legendaries in my vault at 300 just in case I get a great gun that needs infusing.

Yeah, I did that with some of my other weapons and jut got my legendary to 300 attack.

Though is there a better way of getting Exotic Shards or am is the only way dismantling Exotic Weapons/Armour? :(

do you get anything for ranking up queen's wrath?

besides being rank 3 for the Boolean i mean

just wondering if theres any point to doing those bounties

Hmm sounds like no progress on the raid secret room? Seems like there's still a piece or two missing for now, unless you have to do something really obtuse.

do you get anything for ranking up queen's wrath?

besides being rank 3 for the Boolean i mean

just wondering if theres any point to doing those bounties

Didn't have to be rank 3 for Boolean. There's no point to the bounties besides XP. Her packages give sweet loot like the Treasure Key and 160 light auto rifle I got yesterday :(

I did get some 280+ light class armor earlier, which was very high at the time but just legendary marks now.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the runs Ipitadafool, you got so screwed on loot :(. I got a Year 2 TLW, legendary engram and sublime engram on that second run, you got 5 3oC :(

Edit: ONE DAY I WILL GET IN ON A FRESH RAID RUN

Atkison04

Laying the kids down at 9pm est and sitting on daughters checkpoint. Don't leave me feeling incomplete gaf. Today was my first attempt on kings fall and I don't want to end this day without completing it if possible. I need 5.

1) the7thAssassin 299 hunter

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Please help!

kubinsky

Damn my ps4 just fucked up, the harddisk is making strange noises and it is currently checking for faulty data-.- looks like this may take a while...

Thanks for the runs Ipitadafool, you got so screwed on loot :(. I got a Year 2 TLW, legendary engram and sublime engram on that second run, you got 5 3oC :(

Edit: ONE DAY I WILL GET IN ON A FRESH RAID RUN

5 3oC is exactly 7 strange coins. That's less than old Weekly rewards, which was something they specifically removed from old NFall loot tables. How do they not realize this stuff when making the tables? I don't understand....

Kilau

Need 3 more to start at daughters and then finish off Oryx

1. Kilau
2. Eilt
3. Subtervotion?

Quote me and post if interested, would like to get started soon and send this bastard on his way again.

Atkison04

1. Kilau
2. Eilt
3. Subtervotion?

Quote me and post if interested, would like to get started soon and send this bastard on his way again.

I'd be down if you aren't getting started for another 30 minutes. Getting the kids ready for bed. Psn the7thAssassin

So I am liking my new strat for Golgoroth saves a lot of hassle and isn't as tedious as the one gaze method.

1. Clear adds like normal.
2. Have a guardian on the right side on the bridge be a temp gaze grabber and he grabs the first gaze.
3. Everyone else shoots the front left orb and then your permanent gaze holder grabs the gaze and counts down.
4. Once the timer is down to 2 the temp gaze grabber (still on the other side) grabs the gaze again.
5. Shoot down the mid left orb and then repeat step 3 and 4 and then shoot down the back left one.
6. Dps phase is over and boss should be around 1/2, 2/3 left.
7. Kill adds and repeat till dead.

This method seems to work really smoothly and only requires one person to be confident with the gaze.

madpeon

1. Kilau
2. Eilt
3. Subtervotion?

I'm interested. 301 hunter have cleared the raid before.

Psn: madpeon

Top Bottom