• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Sword reforged

So ive been farming helium whatever and its not registering in my quest stats

What am i missing (solar quest)?

You have to get lucky by collecting Legendary materials that will randomly drop when pick up a helium node. Chests don't work, you can only get them from the actual helium piles. It's totally random so you might get one after collecting 5 nodes or 25.

It's awful. So very very very awful.

Eris was kind enough to grant me a antiquated rune for getting her to rank 5, my first one. I...think I'm just going to hold onto it for a while.

I'd recommend only popping one per week or at least making sure you have one available each week so you can get the fragments for beating the bosses.

The rules for secrets are simple: Without video proof, it's bullshit.

I've really enjoyed how many people have directed their posts to Luke in this thread, lol.

Assuming you want to get a Touch of Malice eventually I'd recommend trying to charge it and get the calcified fragment for this week. The Tier 3 is very easy, easiest of the 3 available. You have to get at least one tier 3 fragment to get the 45 for ToM.

So you can damage the other Daughter, the one who wasn't slammed? I always assumed they still had their aura protecting them and you can only damage the one whose aura you stole. I'd never actually tried shooting both though. That would shave major time off the 36 min run.

Wow that sounded better in my head, that'll teach me not to have coffee today. Anyway I intended to say you can kill each daughter in one phase.

btkadams

If I acquire the arc legendary sword on my Titan, is it possible to transfer it to my warlock (with fully levelled up arc subclass) and have it do the exotic sword quest for the arc sword? And could I then have my warlock give the legendary solar sword to my Titan to have it do the exotic sword quest for the solar sword? How does that work exactly?

jred2k

Is there any Raid party forming tonight?

I haven't beaten it, but I've been up through Golgoroth.

I'd like to find a group here before having to go to LFG. People there have higher expectations than OKCupid.

Thanks for my first Oryx kill, LT, T, Save, Col & Doc!

I love how well we did when I accidentally started the encounter without Drizz giving the walkthrough.

welldoitlive.gif

We did it on the 3rd run and it felt great.

Long live the King!

Haha yeah we were one platform jump away from #team1sttry. It was nice to stick it out and get him down on that second run even though it took 6 cycles. I like that there's plenty of wiggle room for missing some blight detonations but I hate how important platforming is, very silly that a single missed jump forces a wipe.

One suggestion, when you have aura for DPS, don't move from the spot where we're shooting. I had to kinda stick to you since you were moving around for some reason. since you're invincible, there's no need to move at all. Especially important for the bomb round where if you move then the bomb will kill anyone on the edge of the aura as well.

If you're still looking to kill him tonight I could do another run in a little bit. I'll be around off and on for a few more hours at least.

Why is Dust palace so hard to get...

Also that RNG on raid. Warlock only piece I got up until Oryx was the bond. Beat Oryx, consumes shards, get a mouldering shard and another bond, that's it. I've beaten the raid on three characters every week and still none of my chars have received a helm, sniper, hand cannon, or auto rifle.

Oh shit the bond was 308 not 303 lol. I guess Warlock is my main now?

Those are the most absurd loot drops I've heard yet for KF. I've run 8 full raids and gotten 0 helmets. It took until my 7th raid to finally get a ghost, dropped at 306.

Ghost, boots and class armor are the three important raid drops since you can get 310 exotics for everything else. If I infused all my best gear now, my Titan could be 310 at every other slot but only 308 overall due to mediocre raid drops. :-/

The two big questions remaining:
How many weeks left until Heroic? (probably 3)
Will Trials have any guaranteed 310 gear, especially a ghost, boots or class item? (Doubt it but who knows)

Wow i think im finally getting the hang of snipers. Got 20 kills with it the last match. Feels so good to snipe an entire team. Even better to snipe supers (fuck sunbreakers).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Managed to do the Heroic Vanguard strike tonight with randies. It was the strike for hunting Darkblade.

Holy. Shit.

That was intense as fuck.

MrDaravon

Those are the most absurd loot drops I've heard yet for KF. I've run 8 full raids and gotten 0 helmets. It took until my 7th raid to finally get a ghost, dropped at 306.

Ghost, boots and class armor are the three important raid drops since you can get 310 exotics for everything else. If I infused all my best gear now, my Titan could be 310 at every other slot but only 308 overall due to mediocre raid drops. :-/

The two big questions remaining:
How many weeks left until Heroic? (probably 3)
Will Trials have any guaranteed 310 gear, especially a ghost, boots or class item? (Doubt it but who knows)

Yeah, I just went into this hoping to get a ghost; my Warlock was like 294 going in, and is now over 300 depending on what I have equipped, and I'm not even far enough along with her in quests to have the quest for the 310 artifact lol. In two weeks of Raiding on my Hunter I got a 304 ghost, 305 chest, 307 boots and 307 gloves. So I seem to have the devil's luck with armor rolls, but shit overall with weapon rolls, my hunter has only found a 300 fusion rifle, 303 hand cannon and 304 pulse rifle and I don't like any of them.

My guess in terms of PvP gear level drops is this:

Iron Banner: gear will drop anywhere between 290-300. Vendor gear purchased will be at 290.

Trials: drops will range from 290-310. Going flawless will guarantee a 310 piece. No vendor gear sold.

I think part of the reason they are moving to drops instead of just purchasing stuff is to avoid having to place a set value on vendor gear level. I think they also want trials to feel less all or nothing in terms of rewards.

Is there any Raid party forming tonight?

I haven't beaten it, but I've been up through Golgoroth.

I'd like to find a group here before having to go to LFG. People there have higher expectations than OKCupid.

If you were around an hourish earlier, there was a few groups forming. But no longer as I can tell..best of luck

MrDaravon

My guess in terms of PvP gear level drops is this:

Iron Banner: gear will drop anywhere between 290-300. Vendor gear purchased will be at 290.

Trials: drops will range from 290-310. Going flawless will guarantee a 310 piece. No vendor gear sold.

I think part of the reason they are moving to drops instead of just purchasing stuff is to avoid having to place a set value on vendor gear level. I think they also want trials to feel less all or nothing in terms of rewards.

They probably shouldn't have drops only occur for the winning team then lol. As someone who is mediocre in Trials, their changes to it 100% guarantees I will probably never play Trials going forward.

LiK

Haha yeah we were one platform jump away from #team1sttry. It was nice to stick it out and get him down on that second run even though it took 6 cycles. I like that there's plenty of wiggle room for missing some blight detonations but I hate how important platforming is, very silly that a single missed jump forces a wipe.

If you're still looking to kill him tonight I could do another run in a little bit. I'll be around off and on for a few more hours at least.

Yea. Just need Oryx killed. Hoping you could get a bunch of vets so we can just nail it fast. I know the fight extremely well now.

I'm 301 now. Got new gauntlets, Kingslayer shell and RL from the fresh run earlier today.

They probably shouldn't have drops only occur for the winning team then lol. As someone who is mediocre in Trials, their changes to it 100% guarantees I will probably never play Trials going forward.

It should be easier to get loot this way though. Before one win on a card netted you a couple passage coins and motes if you bought all of the boons. Now one win may result in a drop if RNG is on your side.

MrDaravon

It should be easier to get loot this way though. Before one win on a card netted you a couple passage coins and motes if you bought all of the boons. Now one win may result in a drop if RNG is on your side.

Potentially I suppose yeah, as long as they don't gate drop rates beyond # of wins or something.

Yea. Just need Oryx killed. Hoping you could get a bunch of vets so we can just nail it fast. I know the fight extremely well now.

I'm 301 now. Got new gauntlets, Kingslayer shell and RL from the fresh run earlier today.
I can spare 20 mins for a kill. Let me know when to get on

Edit: to make it faster I will be chilling in orbit in 5

Top Bottom