• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Anybody have the second jumping section (the pistons that shoot out of the wall) checkpoint for the raid? I need the fragment and need to practice it if that's possible. I ran through it once but died a million times and was led through it.

My guess in terms of PvP gear level drops is this:

Iron Banner: gear will drop anywhere between 290-300. Vendor gear purchased will be at 290.

Trials: drops will range from 290-310. Going flawless will guarantee a 310 piece. No vendor gear sold.

I think part of the reason they are moving to drops instead of just purchasing stuff is to avoid having to place a set value on vendor gear level. I think they also want trials to feel less all or nothing in terms of rewards.

Yeah I think you're right although I wouldn't be surprised if IB drops were lower, or even if they dropped relative to your own light level (same as current crucible matches). Speaking of Trials being less all or nothing, I wonder what the Bounty gear will be like. Can't wait to get back to Mercury and see if they changed the chest drops or *gasp* opened up new spaces to explore!

The big question is how much easier Trials will be at first with all the PvE scrubs back in it. Matching teams based on # of wins could make things much harder but I'm hoping the drive for 310 gear will dilute the pool enough relative to late-HoW teams. Especially since the first week will be before Heroic raid, the thirst for Mercury will be no joke.

MrDaravon

It doesn't sound like they will, other than the sweet flawless rewards. That will probably be more difficult now though with the nmatchmaking changes.

Yeah, curious what they do. Of two minds on it since I think people should be rewarded for good play, but having stuff that people who are terrible/mediocre at PvP will never get rubs me the wrong way. It wouldn't be an issue if PvP and PvE were totally separate, but since they aren't I'll continue to kill myself doing dumb shit for quests etc in PvP, which also sucks for people who just want to play PvP which is bombarded by people like me doing dumb shit, quitting games, going afk for daily marks, paying for carries in Trials etc etc. More and more I don't think they can continue to please two masters by trying to balance everything for both, see how ridiculous hammers are in PvP right now, but nerfing them hurts them in PvE. If they were willing to balance the modes separately as well I'd probably enjoy the PvP more with a lot of potential changes they could make.

Just got Jade Rabbit, but I don't think it'll be as good as Hung Jury of Tlaloc, tbqh. I'm going to test it out in PVP and see if I like it.

I haven't used them enough to judge (and havent used tlaloc at all since I'm a hunter), but I like the Jade Rabbit for PVE bullet sponges since you can pretty much shoot for days with the perk. I'll have to use Hung Jury more. I wasn't immediately too impressed with it, but I need to infuse it first before really giving it a go.

edit: ok I just checked and Hung Jury has the Firefly perk. So yeah it is nice and fun.

Why couldn't this be a legendary cloak~ And thanks Eric for helping out!
bBbqz98.png

phen0m24

Thanks for my first Oryx kill, LT, T, Save, Col & Doc!

I love how well we did when I accidentally started the encounter without Drizz giving the walkthrough.

welldoitlive.gif

We did it on the 3rd run and it felt great.

Long live the King!

You know it and thanks for the fun.

Also GGs to T and LT doing both the NF and a strike. Gun times, good songs, glad to hang out with you guys for a while.

Will try not to sing with Arnold voice tomorrow

Why couldn't this be a legendary cloak~ And thanks Eric for helping out!

Yeah this is one of my least favorite things about this game. It's so annoying to get a black or red (or any decent looking) cloak only for it to be a rare. They really need to fix that. As it is I was rocking that god awful crucible cape that clashes completely and looks like shit just because it dropped at the highest light. Why would they do that??

Yeah I think you're right although I wouldn't be surprised if IB drops were lower, or even if they dropped relative to your own light level (same as current crucible matches). Speaking of Trials being less all or nothing, I wonder what the Bounty gear will be like. Can't wait to get back to Mercury and see if they changed the chest drops or *gasp* opened up new spaces to explore!

The big question is how much easier Trials will be at first with all the PvE scrubs back in it. Matching teams based on # of wins could make things much harder but I'm hoping the drive for 310 gear will dilute the pool enough relative to late-HoW teams. Especially since the first week will be before Heroic raid, the thirst for Mercury will be no joke.

It would be awesome if they opened that hallway on the left before the ship! I hope and expect initial competition to be easy based off of everyone playing PvE and seeing mostly scrubs in PvP. Thirst will be real indeed though.

Yeah, curious what they do. Of two minds on it since I think people should be rewarded for good play, but having stuff that people who are terrible/mediocre at PvP will never get rubs me the wrong way. It wouldn't be an issue if PvP and PvE were totally separate, but since they aren't I'll continue to kill myself doing dumb shit for quests etc in PvP, which also sucks for people who just want to play PvP which is bombarded by people like me doing dumb shit, quitting games, going afk for daily marks, paying for carries in Trials etc etc. More and more I don't think they can continue to please two masters by trying to balance everything for both, see how ridiculous hammers are in PvP right now, but needing them hurts them in PvE.

The lack of division between PvP and PvE was one of the issues in HoW that hopefully they fix here. In HoW the best gear for PvP was definitely trials gear which is as it should be, but the elemental primaries were actually far more useful in PvE, especially since they were guaranteed unlike the garbage PoE elemental primaries. I'd be happy to see top tier trials gear just look better aesthetically, have better perks, and have max light as opposed to elemental damage so PvE players don't feel forced to play.

LiK

Thanks iRawr and Igor. Easy fight. Got dat fragment

Drizzay, that's okay. I'll try again tomorrow. You get some sleep. ;)

LiK

ROFL, tried out the 310 4th Horseman I got earlier in CoO against a randoms' summon and it melted the boss so quick!

Jas

Anybody have the second jumping section (the pistons that shoot out of the wall) checkpoint for the raid? I need the fragment and need to practice it if that's possible. I ran through it once but died a million times and was led through it.

I need it too...for the same 2 reasons, haha

rc213

Are the perks on the guns you order from the Gunsmith random? I have one with full auto that beastly because it's stability is through the roof. Wondering if I could get one with full auto and firefly or explosive rounds.

SC slayerage got in some crazy secret room in Kings Fall I've never seen or heard of before. Where you do 6 relic dunks, one per person. Interesting.

LiK

Bought Immolation Fists for PVP. The shotgun reloade perk is useful too. Haven't found many gauntlets with fast reloads for shotgun which annoy me.

LTWood12

You know it and thanks for the fun.

Also GGs to T and LT doing both the NF and a strike. Gun times, good songs, glad to hang out with you guys for a while.

Will try not to sing with Arnold voice tomorrow

Loved it!

Thanks for my first Oryx kill, LT, T, Save, Col & Doc!

I love how well we did when I accidentally started the encounter without Drizz giving the walkthrough.

welldoitlive.gif

We did it on the 3rd run and it felt great.

Long live the King!

Shoutout to Save for being a clutch relic runner. So glad we were able to get it finished for you. High five to mrsjohnofmars :)

May try and get my Warlock ready to raid by Monday if I can finish the sword quest.

I'd love to start raiding, but need more light (still around 235-240). Just no time to farm up the gear I need. I suppose it's time to try to do the daily pvp/story somehow, and buy vendor gear or such. Been popping those three of coins, but only one drop so far out of like 10 coins.

Jafku

It's been 3 weeks since the DLC came out and now all 3 of my characters are at least light level 300. I need to slow down so I can still have things to do. Iron Banner and Trials will help with that

Looking for 1 person for Kings Fall starting from beginning.

4 first timers (two who watched a video or two) and 1 guy who has done it before.

Low expectations fun run.

Probably wont get super far into it.

PSN same as GAF.

Top Bottom