• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

darthbob

Made it all the way to Gorgoroth with some peeps here on DGAF. Thanks for the solid work, boys!

Now I have a Deathsingers checkpoint... what to do...

s0j8u.jpg

Made it look real except take the time to get the letter 'a' right.

GFBie.gif

I haven't played this yet - neither has my partner...

We'd like to have a fresh stab at it (ok, so I did help a Gaffer with the death singer thingy, that was it); need 4 more who want to run it.

Anybody willing?

Pacificsun0481

PS4

Oryx is an asshole. I was raiding for about 7 hours with 5 of them spent on that dude. No one thing about the fight is hard but it is very unforgiving if someone doesn't do their job right.

I kept getting annoyed at my teammates dying then I remembered that I was usually immortal. XD

I'll get him tomorrow.

LiK

Oryx is an asshole. I was raiding for about 7 hours with 5 of them spent on that dude. No one thing about the fight is hard but it is very unforgiving if someone doesn't do their job right.

I kept getting annoyed at my teammates dying then I remembered that I was usually immortal. XD

I'll get him tomorrow.

One suggestion, when you have aura for DPS, don't move from the spot where we're shooting. I had to kinda stick to you since you were moving around for some reason. since you're invincible, there's no need to move at all. Especially important for the bomb round where if you move then the bomb will kill anyone on the edge of the aura as well.

I'm not sure it's random

I didn't get a single 310 when I did draksis farming

I got about 5 this week since I've been 300

however it's not a gaurantee you can still get 290s

Thanks for my first Oryx kill, LT, T, Save, Col & Doc!

I love how well we did when I accidentally started the encounter without Drizz giving the walkthrough.

welldoitlive.gif

We did it on the 3rd run and it felt great.

Long live the King!

So what's the most effective way to damage war priest? Reloading your HMG and Sniper or just swapping between all three weapons and skipping reloads?

EL CUCO

It's random. I'm 302 and got one of those at 290.

I'm not sure it's random

I didn't get a single 310 when I did draksis farming

I got about 5 this week since I've been 300

however it's not a gaurantee you can still get 290s
Yeah so far only one of about 5 engrams I've decrypted since I passed 300 has came out at 290.
But at least he has the chance for it to drop at 310 and it payed off.
Exactly. I still have about 15 armor engrams that I'm gonna be using on my Hunter. Just started him today and hit 296. Once he passes 300, decrypting those puppies with him.

So what's the most effective way to damage war priest? Reloading your HMG and Sniper or just swapping between all three weapons and skipping reloads?

did it in a pug today with just 2 runes, 4 of us had black spindle. I think titan WOL + rotating nightstalker buff + 6 spindles could probably kill him in a single rune.

but yeah without mega spindles then sniper until empty then HMG. you can get gloves that speed up sniper reload too.

exotic engrams are just random if its 290 or 310. I saved about 25 from drak farming and I was 295-298 during that time, once I hit 302 I decoded them all. About 30% turned into 310s, the rest 290s. Since then I haven't really noticed any mega variation on that percentage rate, and I bought another 10 or so while xur was here and again saw 25-35% decode to 310 and the rest 290.

GhaleonEB

Eris was kind enough to grant me a antiquated rune for getting her to rank 5, my first one. I...think I'm just going to hold onto it for a while.

Dunk#7

Need 2 for a kings fall raid from the start in about 45 mins, the four of us already know all the mechanics.

I'm down

PSN: Dunk7

Very experienced player since Alpha and ran other raids many, many times, but will need instruction for first KF run. Willing to listen and take instruction well

Was on vacation for a week and got behind on leveling - currently at 291

EDIT: I do have the 310 black spindle since I keep reading a good sniper is nice for the raid

One suggestion, when you have aura for DPS, don't move from the spot where we're shooting. I had to kinda stick to you since you were moving around for some reason. since you're invincible, there's no need to move at all. Especially important for the bomb round where if you move then the bomb will kill anyone on the edge of the aura as well.

Yea I learned that a little while after you left. I think I was on my third different group by then. lol

Me and two friends are gonna look for a team at 5 est tomorrow feel free to join if you want to finish what we started.

Got a 310 Graviton Forfeit from Xurs exotic helm engram. My life is complete, I think I woke up my neighbors from the excited screams. Although the blueprint one had better perks so I bought that and am leveling instead. Had a 296 and other 310 exotic helm and now my vendor bought GF is 305.

Props to the Gaffer who told me to decrypt the engrams one by one instead all at once. Not sure but it may have done the trick. Last time I decrypted 6 in a row without leaving the menu and got nothing I wanted.

MrDaravon

Fantastic KF run with Wolf and his buddies. Was my first run ever on my Warlock, got:

300 Hand Cannon
304 Hand Cannon
305 Fusion Rifle
310 Helmet
308 Boots
303 Bond

Holy shit, in one run my Warlock has surpassed my main character with a shitload more playtime and Raid runs >_>

Atkison04

Good run over all. Everyone killed ogres fast everytime and elite had the mad (long) jumps.

Turns out I got the gauntlets after all. But only 300. Oh well.

Thanks guys for that :) Just finished up getting my touch of malice! Got a chest piece, hand cannon, scout rifle, 310 artifact, new exotic chest for my alt warlock from Engram drop and touch of malice from my broken raid today. It was very nice!

Fantastic KF run with Wolf and his buddies. Was my first run ever on my Warlock, got:

300 Hand Cannon
304 Hand Cannon
305 Fusion Rifle
310 Helmet
308 Boots
303 Bond

Holy shit, in one run my Warlock has surpassed my main character with a shitload more playtime and Raid runs >_>

Damn, is that with the 20 moldering shards for Oryx?

300 Hand Cannon
304 Hand Cannon
305 Fusion Rifle
310 Helmet
308 Boots
303 Bond

310 helmet? Holy shit.

300 Hand Cannon
304 Hand Cannon
305 Fusion Rifle
310 Helmet
308 Boots
303 Bond

jealous
Wow

The rules for secrets are simple: Without video proof, it's bullshit.

All I want to do is win one game of skirmish, Luke. Why does your studio insist on matching me with people who bought the game yesterday?

I've really enjoyed how many people have directed their posts to Luke in this thread, lol.

Eris was kind enough to grant me a antiquated rune for getting her to rank 5, my first one. I...think I'm just going to hold onto it for a while.

Assuming you want to get a Touch of Malice eventually I'd recommend trying to charge it and get the calcified fragment for this week. The Tier 3 is very easy, easiest of the 3 available. You have to get at least one tier 3 fragment to get the 45 for ToM.

Yeah a team with 6 ToM can easily kill both sister in one phase. I think Golgoroth is going to be the most interesting fight to develop a speed strat for Hardmode/Hypothetical Challenge Mode it will require some tinkering to get the perfect strat down and for it to become instinctual.

So you can damage the other Daughter, the one who wasn't slammed? I always assumed they still had their aura protecting them and you can only damage the one whose aura you stole. I'd never actually tried shooting both though. That would shave major time off the 36 min run.

Top Bottom