• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

it ain't easy being cheesy

1083.gif
*chuckles*

Hmmm Hawkmoon 290 even tho I'm over 300. Thanks pos engram.

rc213

Thanks Kinezo, Can't believe this guy kept dying trying to use the sword on the boss. Ugggggghhhhhhhhh

Just in time for sleep

Exotic sword quest question, I've nearly finished the 25 PvP kills on my Main so will be ready to hand in the quest tomorrow. I picked up the other two swords on my alts and they've been infused to 280+ so all the bubbles have been unlocked and haven't picked up the exotic quest (50 majors, 25 PvP) on them.

So when I hand it in tomorrow will it unlock for all three?

I asked this yesterday and no one answered does anyone know? I also just remembered I took two of the swords over 280 on the character who won't be handing in the quest

I for one am glad Banner and Trials is back I'm getting back to the stage I was at with HoWs i.e.. major PvE burnout. The content maybe there but its ass, I really can't be arsed to do all the quests especially x3

Can you have two sword quests at once on the same character or do I have to wait a week, if I want to do them all on a specific character?

Yes, you can have all 3 simultaneously if you want.

It's cause we're always gate crashing.

Us hunters can sneak through without any trouble :p

Oh god.. I am up to the calcified fragment part of the touch of malice quest. This is going to suck.

It's not that hard, just follow a guide from reddit or youtube and check your progress on destiny tracker.

oSoLucky

I asked this yesterday and no one answered does anyone know? I also just remembered I took two of the swords over 280 on the character who won't be handing in the quest

I for one am glad Banner and Trials is back I'm getting back to the stage I was at with HoWs i.e.. major PvE burnout. The content maybe there but its ass, I really can't be arsed to do all the quests especially x3

That stage of the quest will only need to be finished once on a character no matter when you start the others. Say you go to hand in the quest tomorrow. Once you fully upgrade the other 2 swords on that same character, the exotic quests for them will go straight to mat farming and ability kills. It's all about which character fills in the last bubble.

maomaoIYP

I've you've upgraded the 3 swords past 281 all on the single character which did the 50 major / 25 pvp kills, you won't have to repeat that single step. That means you can also do the strike at the end for all three swords at one go, although it is kind of difficult, but definitely doable.

finally grind the shit ou of Lord Shaxx to get my 150 Hothead rocket launcher that does not have tracking nor proximity detonation hahahaha

got the weekly crucible bounties unlocked, don't expect much out of the rewards

That stage of the quest will only need to be finished once on a character no matter when you start the others. Say you go to hand in the quest tomorrow. Once you fully upgrade the other 2 swords on that same character, the exotic quests for them will go straight to mat farming and ability kills. It's all about which character fills in the last bubble.

Thanks, so hand in bounty then max the other two swords with motes and the bounty should pop? After yesterdays dead stop with fragment farming (as I don't have any stolen runes) I probably would have cancelled my pre order if I'd fucked this one up

I've you've upgraded the 3 swords past 281 all on the single character which did the 50 major / 25 pvp kills, you won't have to repeat that single step. That means you can also do the strike at the end for all three swords at one go, although it is kind of difficult, but definitely doable.

All swords are infused past 280 but I havent put any glimmer/XP into them, I'll just try above and see what happens

maomaoIYP

Thanks, so hand in bounty then max the other two swords with motes and the bounty should pop? After yesterdays dead stop with fragment farming (as I don't have any stolen runes) I probably would have cancelled my pre order if I'd fucked this one up

You need to max the upgrade on the swords too. Shaxx will take a while and give you the quests.

I'm at 1235 hours

30ish hours from the Alpha
97 hours from the Beta
667 hours from September to April
441 hours from April to now on second account

Jblanks

261 hours.

But that's really only from last Sepetmber, October, half of November, and this past month.

Plus another 60ish hours from Alpha/Beta.

As a person who just gets on to shoot shit in the face im still hopelessly lost with quests.Ive got a charged rune if anyone wants to join me and fully charge theirs or try the NF.

Also i killed the brothers with a shotty but only counted one kill is that how it works...gotta do it twice?

Im also jelly that titans get some sweet looking gloves maurader or some crap guess ill try for the flowy psion cloak.

Wanna know something weird, I did the daily heroic quest with a 3oC active, and the oryx ghost boss at the end dropped an exotic and I lost the buff o_O

Anyone have the quest Fear's Embrace and want an easy complete? Or anyone want to pop a coin and kill an ultra? I'm already at the boss

Klyka

Banned
253 hours for me.

Still less than my Monster Hunter games, but quite the time investment for a game I had not played at all between January and July!

2238 hours, ranked 347 out of 123,000 players on that site. Hmm.

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear.

EDIT: 632 hours, way less than what destinytracker tells me. Hmm

Destiny tracker includes all Orbit, Tower and Reef time which typically includes a lot of idle hours. Personally I leave my PS4 on all the time and having Destiny open prevents it from doing the power save auto-shut down. My "total time" (including orbit + tower) is way way higher than my "active time" (listed on wasted.com). The difference is more than I've spent on almost every game I've ever played.

305 Raid pulse rifle with life support. Is this weapon any good ?

Yeah it's excellent. Life support is fantastic for PvP, like a baby Red Death, and it's also great for PvE although Firefly (alternate perk roll you can get) might be better there.

Is there a list of potential loot from kings raid?

2 Mouldering Shards are guaranteed from all five loot drop locations. Potential loot, although not 100% positive:

Totems: Ghost, Fusion Rifle
Warpriest: Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Machine Gun (fusion here too maybe?)
Golgi Apparatus: Gloves, Chest, Boots
Daughters: Class Armor, Shotgun
Oryx: Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle, Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon

If you have 20+ mouldering shards when you kill Oryx, there's a chance you can get literally any item from this list or even multiple extra items (like two chest pieces). You can also get exotic armor at 290 or 310 Light (not sure about exotic weapons).

There are also 3 chests currently known that drop mouldering shards, and the 3rd one in the piston platform area has a very small chance to drop exotic weapons.

Hmm.. I could have swore I got an exotic helmet engram from Oryx, but I could be wrong.

Not from Oryx. Must have either been from the Shade or an actual exotic helmet (not engram) from mouldering shard consumption on Oryx. I got 310 Immolation Fists from Oryx this week, which was pretty legit.

Top Bottom