• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Whoo thanks Ray for letting me bring my newbie friend! That was about...3 hourish of raid for having 3 newbies in it.

Nice, glad to hear you guys got it done. 3 hours is good time w newbies, although I thought only your friend and Silky were new. Regardless that's some good stuff. I always worry a little when my non-Gaf friends play w Gaffers, haha.

Nice, glad to hear you guys got it done. 3 hours is good time w newbies, although I thought only your friend and Silky were new. Regardless that's some good stuff. I always worry a little when my non-Gaf friends play w Gaffers, haha.

Was there only 2? Guess I heard wrong lol. We one shot golg and 2 shot warpriest, one shot the wotches, and about 6 shot oryx. Loot was ok, but it was a great run. Everyone did great!

Klyka

Banned
2 Mouldering Shards are guaranteed from all five loot drop locations. Potential loot, although not 100% positive:

Totems: Ghost, Fusion Rifle
Warpriest: Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Machine Gun (fusion here too maybe?)
Golgi Apparatus: Gloves, Chest, Boots
Daughters: Class Armor, Shotgun
Oryx: Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle, Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon

If you have 20+ mouldering shards when you kill Oryx, there's a chance you can get literally any item from this list or even multiple extra items (like two chest pieces). You can also get exotic armor at 290 or 310 Light (not sure about exotic weapons).

There are also 3 chests currently known that drop mouldering shards, and the 3rd one in the piston platform area has a very small chance to drop exotic weapons.

Not from Oryx. Must have either been from the Shade or an actual exotic helmet (not engram) from mouldering shard consumption on Oryx. I got 310 Immolation Fists from Oryx this week, which was pretty legit.

That exotic chest can also drop armor! I got a Mask of the Third Man from it on Tuesday.

2 Mouldering Shards are guaranteed from all five loot drop locations. Potential loot, although not 100% positive:

If you have 20+ mouldering shards when you kill Oryx, there's a chance you can get literally any item from this list or even multiple extra items (like two chest pieces). You can also get exotic armor at 290 or 310 Light (not sure about exotic weapons).

There are also 3 chests currently known that drop mouldering shards, and the 3rd one in the piston platform area has a very small chance to drop exotic weapons.

Oryx also drops helmet.

Uhh I just got the hunger pangs quest and there's no way I'm at 45 fragments. Only just finished part 1 of Dattos guide and whilst I know I already have some from part 2 I can only think of about 6 or 7 I already have.

What is the best crucible playlist for the sword quest? i think i need another 10 kills with my arc sword but it is taking forever..

Classic 6v6. Much easier to secure heavy ammo on the older maps. Get it, chill for 2 minutes while everyone wastes their rockets and go to town

Uhh I just got the hunger pangs quest and there's no way I'm at 45 fragments. Only just finished part 1 of Dattos guide and whilst I know I already have some from part 2 I can only think of about 6 or 7 I already have.
First 40 are easy, after that ypu need to farm CoO. For the tier 2 rune, if you do not get the set you need just jump off the ledge and fail the event, you will get your rune back and try again.

First 40 are easy, after that ypu need to farm CoO. For the tier 2 rune, if you do not get the set you need just jump off the ledge and fail the event, you will get your rune back and try again.

I know I have a few from doing CoO already but I thought you had to get 45 before it gave you the next step in the quest(hunger pangs)

Just a heads up but if you have 20+shards in your inventory and you've already killed Oryx for loot it will still take them as I found out to my detriment on Friday

Bogeypop

Just a heads up but if you have 20+shards in your inventory and you've already killed Oryx for loot it will still take them as I found out to my detriment on Friday

Oh god! Thanks for the heads up. Will stash Shards in Vault next time I help out people after I've already gotten my Oryx loot for the week.

Do those first 40 include the raid fragments? I think I got some fragments from CoO...funny thing is..somehow I completed the CoO without realizing it..

nOoblet16

Not from Oryx. Must have either been from the Shade or an actual exotic helmet (not engram) from mouldering shard consumption on Oryx. I got 310 Immolation Fists from Oryx this week, which was pretty legit.

I got a Ghost from Oryx....or maybe it was the sisters I don't remember, but it wasn't totem, warpriest or golgi.
Edit: Alright so it might have been Oryx with me having 20+ shards

Menome

Okay, so hopefully I can get some confirmation on how to obtain Boolean Gemini now we've had a couple of weeks:

-Complete Taken War: Petra
-Complete Wolves of Mars
-Complete Lost & Found
-Make sure you are Rank 3 Queen's Wrath before handing in Lost & Found
-If you don't receive the weapon, wait for the daily reset the next day

Is that all correct? There's a lot of conflicting anecdotes regarding the Queen's Wrath ranking going around.

Calcified Fragments question. It appears I'm just lacking CoO fragments at this point. I have done numerous T2 and T3 events, but never got a fragment, howevwr, they were all someone elses runes. Do you have to use your own runes or is it random?

I have 3x T2 and 3x T3 to try now, hope that is enoufh

BahamutPT

Okay, so hopefully I can get some confirmation on how to obtain Boolean Gemini now we've had a couple of weeks:

-Complete Wolves of Mars
-Complete Lost & Found

Is that all correct? There's a lot of conflicting anecdotes regarding the Queen's Wrath ranking going around.

That's what I did on my Warlock and I got it. My Titan completed all the quests, but he's not Rank 3. I'll need to get him to Rank 3 and see if that triggers the reward or check if the quest is the abandoned Kiosk.

Nighte

Calcified Fragments question. It appears I'm just lacking CoO fragments at this point. I have done numerous T2 and T3 events, but never got a fragment, howevwr, they were all someone elses runes. Do you have to use your own runes or is it random?

I have 3x T2 and 3x T3 to try now, hope that is enoufh

I need them as well. Only your own counts. I have to do a t3 rune under 2 minutes too.. Im up for it in 20

Menome

-Complete Wolves of Mars
-Complete Lost & Found

That's what I did on my Warlock and I got it. My Titan completed all the quests, but he's not Rank 3. I'll need to get him to Rank 3 and see if that triggers the reward or check if the quest is the abandoned Kiosk.

Okay, in which case I'll work on doing Petra's bounties in the meantime to get the Queen's Wrath rank up before I hand the quest over. Thanks!

Erm guys, i have just noticed that when i plug my usb hdd in too play music the only option now is media player and i cant use it while a game is running.. help i need to list to the guardians soundtrack while playing :(

Only optikn is to close game, run songs then boot game? Bit backwards..

-Complete Wolves of Mars
-Complete Lost & Found

I did all those quest but wasn't rank 3 with Petra. Once I hit rank 3 by doing her bounties, she had the gun waiting.

Somehow managed to get that timed jumping puzzle fragment second attempt. Hunter O.P.

Somehow I'm missing the nightfall one despite doing multiple night falls on this character.

phen0m24

Was reading on IGN's FB group that people were having sound issues while playing PoE yesterday. Agent, deaf and I did the whole time. No gun sounds, damage sounds, music then no music...

So if you
coin farm
play PoE you may have issues.

Thanks again to all the folks I played with yesterday. Every now and again I get kinda lonely when my boys are with their mom, then I realized having so many cool friends here is a blessing. Even if we just play one game and desperately need a meet up.

Fig!
You need to play with LT, T and I so we can do Flight of the Conchords karaoke night. :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its so easy to make people go insane over SS.

Its probably not even in the game yet.

Edit: I have a million (7 charged) Tier2 runes if anyone need it for anything

Top Bottom