• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Two people here I dunno...try 290+ to start with able to join on me and try tier 3 coo? I've done it on another character with lower light but was 4 people. Can try with 3.

tp_Drewz if you are bored. I have some tier 2 runes too.

Kensuke

Looking to do the raid once more with alts. Anyone interested in doing a nice and quick run (PSN)?

1. Wretched_Walrus (me)
2. Slaziman

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Tried to make a gif from a youtube video I uploaded but none of the sites I tried to convert with work :(

Any tips?

400+ Black wax, Eris Rank 4.5. Its fucking stupid, say I'd just started the game, imagine having to wait till Eris rank 5 or hope for RNG in getting the runes

Keep on doing CoO and gain Eris rep. Complete the CoO bounty if you haven't already. Run a quick normal CE for Eris rep. Tedious but you can get your rep up to 5 in about an hour.

KxoZz

Thinking back to the raid yesterday with Aquatic, Liquids, Bits, rene and flocki and I can't shake the feeling that we hit on something with the alternate Oryx entrance theme that played. A part of me thinks it's probably just nothing or my imagination, but another part thinks it must be there for a reason and I need to explore this further. Trying to remember if we did anything special other from not wiping and doing it in ~1 hour.

Bought NM shotty and infused it with Conspiracy Theory, no regrets. By the time Conspiracy fires one shot it can empty all its rounds in auto fire mode and reload.

Keep on doing CoO and gain Eris rep. Complete the CoO bounty if you haven't already. Run a quick normal CE for Eris rep. Tedious but you can get your rep up to 5 in about an hour.

I'm just going to leave it until I either get to rank 5 or pick up the runes somehow, its broken me

deoee

Thinking back to the raid yesterday with Aquatic, Liquids, Bits, rene and flocki and I can't shake the feeling that we hit on something with the alternate Oryx entrance theme that played. A part of me thinks it's probably just nothing or my imagination, but another part thinks it must be there for a reason and I need to explore this further. Trying to remember if we did anything special other from not wiping and doing it in ~1 hour.

Further explanation?

KxoZz

Further explanation?
When we triggered the Oryx spawn the musical theme that starts was different than normal. I wasn't the only one to notice it. I think it was Bits who called it out, too. It went back to normal once the Thralls spawned on each side though.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah there was something there, but if i recall not everyone heard it?

Namikaze1

So who wants to team up for the daily rift? I mean, I can go and do it alone but I need someone to protect my ass while I go deliver the spark just once for this stupid quest.

I requested to join the DGAF Community on PSN - do I need to PM someone here and let them know it's me?
Me and I will be able to invite more people in a few days...rl is main priority and beating me with a nerf bat..

Or either PM GuTz31 or hawkain for a faster invitation.

Tovarisc

When it comes to lore and aesthetics of the Golden Age tech and remains am I only one who is bothered by looks of tech? E.g. colony ships in Cosmodrome [hub of space travel] look something that was put together with tape and glue from tech between 1930s and 2000s, not something that was designed and build during centuries long Golden Age of mankind.

It's so weird mix. Some stuff looks like ancient when thinking that there was centuries long Golden Age and how far in future Destiny is while some stuff looks very advanced, especially mind fucky when ancient and new stuff are next to each other.

noomi

I've been leveling the remaining nodes on my Sunbreaker.... man.... it takes so damn long. Then I need to do my warlock, guess I'll just grind out strikes for xp and loot.

We'll knock it out in 30 ;)

One more?

You weren't wrong. Having a competent group makes everything so simple. Daughters and Oryx done without a single wipe, must have been less than twety minutes.

Unfortunately didn't change my luck in terms of loot this weekend. End result was nothing really useful outside of fusion fuel;

Titan: 306 Shotgun(had a 307 already), 300 chest(had 299 already).

Hunter: 304 Hand Cannon(had 306 already), 305 Cloak(had 306 already).

mandiller

I'm up to Golgoroth in the raid if 5 other people want to join. I'm at the checkpoint just before the fight. Ready now if 5 others are keen. PSN: mandiller

1. mandiller

noomi

Going for another flawless attempt on Kings Fall today.

Last night we got all the way up to the jumping section after Gorgoroth.... those damn pistons!

Bogeypop

Touch of Malice makes it almost trivial.

Curious to see if the ToM still works like it does now when hard mode comes around.

Something tells me you'll have a weaker version of the King's Relic where it doesn't grant invincibility from the adds shooting at you or your own ToM shots and simply protects you from Deathsingers' Song and Ogre Blight Detonations.

Looking to do the raid once more with alts. Anyone interested in doing a nice and quick run (PSN)?

1. Wretched_Walrus (me)
2. Slaziman
Add WHOAguitarninja if you don't mind. I've never finished oryx, but I've done everything before him. If you want someone with more experience that's OK though.

Dammit, need 1 more Calcified Fragment and it will have to wait.

I need either the 1 from the The Sunless Cell Nightfall reward, or wait until next weeks T3 Court of Oryx.

Deku Tree

So here is what I think: keep in mind these are just my thoughts with no inside information:

The release date of the hard raid
(and hopefully the challenge mode raid
) will be announced in the next weekly update on Thursday Oct. 8. It will be either Tuesday Oct. 19 or Friday Oct 23.
The hard raid will hopefully be 300 light and scale to 310 light at Oryx, and will be do able by a team of 300+ light. Or it will be 310 and scale to 320 (which would be much worse). Hopefully the hard raid drops guaranteed 310 equipment. (Or otherwise Bungie has some completely different light level progression system in store for the hard raid... Being able to level beyond 310 light?)

I really hope they allow revives this time in the hard raid. Pro players still die a lot in the normal mode raid, and most of the encounters really can't be completed down one. So every single death would essentially be a wipe. Ugh.

The next Iron Banner starting Oct. 13 will drop 280 weapons and armor,
or RNG power weapons and armor that can not go above 300 light.
Lord Saladin will sell 280 light stuff.

Trials, starting Oct. 16 will drop RNG power (300-310?) weapon and armor. I'd guess an armor piece at five wins, a weapon at seven wins, and maybe a guaranteed 310 weapon or armor for a flawless victory. Other match wins drop cosmetic or other non-weapons and armor stuff.

And PvE players will want to rush to trials to gear up for the Hard Raid.

Top Bottom