• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

E92 M3

I honestly think that sword quest wasn't designed to be done in 1 day how most of us are doing. Secondly, the annoying quest is at least keeping the exotic swords a little more rare which is nice.

Strider

Today was a really awful day of playing actually.

Really need to just start playing other stuff when I don't have a group to run with. The game is just unbelievably bad as a solo experience. The MM experience, whether PvP or PvE, is just the worst I've ever seen in a game.

MrDaravon

The new Petra bounties, what are these 12 consumed taken? Are they special mobs?

IIRC it's just any yellow Taken, like the Lieutenants and some of the yellow adds the Zealot will spawn in Taken public events. Not sure if the yellow boss in the Taken patrol event counts or not, I never do those anymore.

deafmedal

Phantom and I would like to run KF, from daughters and/or a fresh run with our alts, anyone else game?

Daughters checkpoint
1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)
3. darthbob
4. DeathGlobe

Fresh run
1. deafmedal
2. Agent
3. SheHateMe
4. Agent_Singh
5. Kyoufu

Would prefer to knock out checkpoint first, but if that group can't get off the ground in about 15 min, we'll start the fresh run and then try for the checkpoint!

I am down for daughters
Ok!

Hedge

IIRC it's just any yellow Taken, like the Lieutenants and some of the yellow adds the Zealot will spawn in Taken public events. Not sure if the yellow boss in the Taken patrol event counts or not, I never do those anymore.

Ooh, right. The wording was just confusing me. Thanks!

radiohead1

Neo Member
Phantom and I would like to run KF, from daughters and/or a fresh run with our alts, anyone else game?

Daughters checkpoint
1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)
3. darthbob

Fresh run
1. deafmedal
2. Agent
3. SheHateMe
4. Agent_Singh
5. Kyoufu

Would prefer to knock out checkpoint first, but if that group can't get off the ground in about 15 min, we'll start the fresh run and then try for the checkpoint!
edit: gotcha Rob :(

I can run in the fresh if you still have room. Need those fragments if you know where they are! I'm a 300 Titan. PSN = dorssom

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I must annoy the shit out of snipers now. As soon as I see that twinkle I'm-a-shadesteppin and it's miss every time. :D

And since I've just maked you I know where you're hiding muahahaha

deafmedal

Daughters checkpoint
1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)
3. darthbob
4. DeathGlobe
5. DeathGlobe +1

Fresh run
1. deafmedal
2. Agent
3. SheHateMe
4. Agent_Singh
5. Kyoufu
6. dorssom

Would prefer to knock out checkpoint first, but if that group can't get off the ground in about 10 min, we'll start the fresh run and then try for the checkpoint!

I can run in the fresh if you still have room. Need those fragments if you know where they are! I'm a 300 Titan. PSN = dorssom
Gotcha!

I honestly think that sword quest wasn't designed to be done in 1 day how most of us are doing. Secondly, the annoying quest is at least keeping the exotic swords a little more rare which is nice.

I don't buy it. What is the alternative? Going to the moon for a half hour everyday for a week in between strikes, quests, raids, PvP, archnoch ruin, daily story, nostalgia raids, and CoO to get one stupid material still sucks. That's why we all just bite down and get it over with. It would suck more if you were to drag it out.

Maybe if it were a mat that dropped every few strikes or something or even patrol beacons. But node farming has zero secondary purpose and is straight up grind.

SkylineRKR

The new Petra bounties, what are these 12 consumed taken? Are they special mobs?

Just the lieutenants. Kill them, spawn the Champion and only focus his yellow adds. He'll spawn a lot of them, probably enough to get the bounty in one shot.

So Luke Smith and his real life non Bungie friends did their spindle run team first try with four minutes to spare. Git gud.

What?

If I had to guess what could do that, I would say two bubbles, WoL and BoL and three exotic swords...maybe. With an Emperor Warlock too clean up at the end.

@Above ^^^
Had to change the time to roughly an hour from now. Still good? Team is full with the two of you.

1) PewPewPewBow
2) blazeuk
3) Inapplicable
4) Liam_Croft
5) Navvaro
6) biggy70686

Edit:
I'm in if you have space, and if you don't mind a total raid newbie.
Pandora012
Sorry, it filled up pretty quickly.

Frostburn

Daughters checkpoint
1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)
3. darthbob
4. DeathGlobe
5. DeathGlobe +1

Fresh run
1. deafmedal
2. Agent
3. SheHateMe
4. Agent_Singh
5. Kyoufu
6. dorssom

Would prefer to knock out checkpoint first, but if that group can't get off the ground in about 10 min, we'll start the fresh run and then try for the checkpoint!

I can do Daughters if you need a 6th, have ToM

Biggy

@Above ^^^
Had to change the time to roughly an hour from now. Still good? Team is full with the two of you.

1) PewPewPewBow
2) blazeuk
3) Inapplicable
4) Liam_Croft
5) Navvaro
6) biggy70686

Edit:

Sorry, it filled up pretty quickly.
Yeah that's fine.

M.D

Anyone up for the strike "The Devil's Lair"? New player also looking for people to team up with

PSN ID: Moti_D

deafmedal

Ok, we need 1 for Daughters checkpoint... guys who signed up for the fresh run feel free to join another group if you don't want to wait for us- I get it ;)

EL CUCO

I'm probably LTTP but there's a chest at the Mausoleum that spawns in the room to the left of The Founts (looking forward) that is farmable.

Just grab chest and run back to the Founts and back quickly. Grabbed about 30 quick Flakes this morning.

Why is the Titan exclusive gunsmith shotgun defender only?

The Hunter sniper, and the Warlock fusion have a useful main perk no matter which subclass you are running.
Worse than defender only, it's defender running armor of light only. I can think of a single encounter where I'd run armor of light over blessing or weapons...killing the vip during round 4 of a skolas run.

That shotgun could have been cool, but the restrictions make it complete trash.

Deku Tree

What?

If I had to guess what could do that, I would say two bubbles, WoL and BoL and three exotic swords...maybe. With an Emperor Warlock too clean up at the end.

Yeah he said that on the Planet Destiny Podcast. Didn't talk strats.

Could be weapons of light plus teather plus melting point plus 310 exotic swords.

Boss goes down fast like that... Then once boss is down no more adds spawn.

Top Bottom