• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only got 2 shards from Oryx..

95234-Justin-Timberlake-REALLY-gif-i-ZdD9.gif

Trace

Banned
Pretty tempted to quit Destiny over how overpowered Sunbreakers are. It's killing what is easily one of my favorite games.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah seriously. Thanks for the invite. We should def play again, too because I feel like I could probably learn a lot from ya. But seriously you got screwed over.
Yeah the team comp we had worked really well, defo need to try and get that group together :p
Supposed to be the new way loot is distributed in IB going forward. Expect to get drops eventually but Saladfingers is there if you need him.

I wouldn't jump the gun quite yet, it's still the first day. Previous IBs never had many drops until people were well into rank 3 and 4. By rank 5 towards the end of the week drops were pretty common. Of course the overall Legendary drop rate in regular Crucible was dramatically downgraded in TTK so maybe that's affecting things.

Well they said loot was increased and the main source of getting items would be from end match. At least show me 1 item in 5+ hours going on big win and killstreaks.

Atm its sucky sucky
Pretty tempted to quit Destiny over how overpowered Sunbreakers are. It's killing what is easily one of my favorite games.
Waaat, i cant count on one hand how many i took down these last hours, keep distance and always move unpredictable is the bane of hammers

Either the armor during Hammer of Sol needs to be reduced, or the perk that starts healing on kill need to be worked on. Unless you are good at Shadestep, or the Titan has sucky aim, they are too hard to kill at times.

Trace

Banned
Make a titan or a hunter.
Titan to do the same to them, or a hunter to tether, and "NoFunAllowed" them.

Hunter tether does not stop Sunbreaker. It takes a half second to actually activate, and by then they've hammered you in the face.

And no, I don't think the solution is "Everyone play Sunbreaker"

Tecnniqe

Banned
Either the armor during Hammer of Sol needs to be reduced, or the perk that starts healing on kill need to be worked on. Unless you are good at Shadestep, or the Titan has sucky aim, they are too hard to kill at times.

If you gonna do Sunbreaker completely useless in PvE you might as well remove shotguns entirely.
Hunter tether does not stop Sunbreaker. It takes a half second to actually activate, and by then they've hammered you in the face.

Tether cancel supers out.

If you gonna do Sunbreaker completely useless in PvE you might as well remove shotguns entirely.

Tether cancel supers out.

Yeah, but I should have to switch classes to go toe to toe with a Sunbreaker. I know my solutions probably aren't best, but SOMETHING has to be done. Honestly, I think they're stronger than when the Bladedancer was at their peak during Year 1.

GutZ31

The solution is not on us, Bungie needs to find a way to make them fun, but not beyond overpowered.

You don't have to hit them with the tether btw, I usually shoot at a wall or doorway that I figure the Titan will be running towards. 80% of the time, it works every time. lol

I'm starting to feel a little left behind. >_>
<_<
I got two things that don't help at all.
303 gauntlets(I have 309).
304 AR.
Infusion material yes, but not what I need.

Frenden

Banned
I just bought all of the emotes.

God help me.

I got a package, I'm assuming because of the digital CE I purchased ages ago, with six or eight emotes. Two legendaries. Carlton and a bow that's not the respectful bow--it's more of a Wayne's World we're not worthy dealie.

Afrocious

the raid machine gun is a true hero.

also, i just now realized Uncharted 4's multiplayer might take me away from Destiny's Crucible.

GutZ31

It doesn't cancel out the super immediately. It takes like a second, more than enough time for a Titan to kill the Hunter.

You do not need to hit them with the super for them to be effected by it, meaning you don't even need to see the titan to tether them.

Usually, I shoot a tether at a doorway as I am running away from the area the sun breaker is likely headed, and once my Keen Scout perk proc's, telling me that someone is caught in my trap, I go and finish them off.

This is the best way to stop a sun breaker that I have found. Being within any sight line of them is almost always death.

Use retreating tactics.

Trace

Banned
You do not need to hit them with the super for them to be effected by it, meaning you don't even need to see the titan to tether them.

Usually, I shoot a tether at a doorway as I am running away from the area the sun breaker is likely headed, and once my Keen Scout perk proc's, telling me that somewhat is caught in my trap, I go and finish them off.

This is the best way to stop a sun breaker that I have found. Being within any sight line of them is almost always death.

Use retreating tactics.

The problem is that isn't balanced. If you fired three of them that all stuck in walls and insta-killed people, that would be the same level as the Sunbreaker. As of now it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom