• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

Off-topic, but I have two extra codes for the 3DS Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Demo if anyone on DGAF is interested before I go to the thread for the demo and give them away there. Send me a PM if you are.

Tecnniqe

Banned
it's one of the new versions of the hopscotch/allfate archetype, which is IMO the best weapon in pvp right now.

i've been using red death in iron banner and it just feels a lot worse than one of the legendary variants that can max out the stability.

Try stability Juju

Also Bungie stop teasing me and GIVE ME IT
ironbannerpower.jpg

Gimmeee i wanna pretend to be Dark Soools

Off-topic, but I have two extra codes for the 3DS Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Demo if anyone on DGAF is interested before I go to the thread for the demo and give them away there. Send me a PM if you are.

How very kind of you Guardian. Sadly i do not have a such 3DS as you call it.

GorillaJu

it's one of the new versions of the hopscotch/allfate archetype, which is IMO the best weapon in pvp right now.

i've been using red death in iron banner and it just feels a lot worse than one of the legendary variants that can max out the stability.

Yeah it looks just really good and the roll straight off the vendor is promising.

Gonna have to grind out those ranks. How much does the rep requirement change per rank, or is it always the same?

Mengetsu

I've done the raid 4 times now...first two weeks I got the feet for armour then last week i got nothing but shards and just now again nothing. Why are the bosses not dropping armour for me? I even have 20 shards at the end and I still get nothing while my friends have almost the whole sets already..has anyone else have this issue?

nOoblet16

Actually Hopscotch is a bad gun to compare it to, since the pre nerf Hopscotch was a different gun and that was the one which was a king in PvP as it matched the Messenger archetype. The 2.0 Hopscotch was nowhere near the previous one.

nOoblet16

While this is true, the 2.0 hopscotch is still easily one if the best, if not, flat out best gun in regular crucible.

There's the Messenger which was almost on par with pre 2.0 Hopscotch...so that statement does not compute.
The best primary in the game would be a toss between Red Death and Messenger.

R0ckman

Mercy ends match for the team I was on dominating, breaks up groups throws me in game where the enemy team has double our score and about 1,000 points away for victory... -_-

maomaoIYP

There's the Messenger which was almost on par with pre 2.0 Hopscotch...so that statement does not compute.
The best primary in the game would be a toss between Red Death and Messenger.
The messenger does not have perfect stability and you cannot reroll it.
Hopscotch with outlaw, hand laid stock and reactive reload grants easy 3 burst kills and a quicker 2 burst kill than messenger. You can also take the lowest magnification sights for increased mobility and awareness without a hit to stability.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Nice. That's incredibly useful. Is the buff gone now though, or just automatically applied?

And what may I ask is "strength of the wolf"? I seem to randomly get it in IB matches.

Buff is always active, its a passive

And Strength of the Wolf is a Crucible Medal. To earn the medal, players and their team must get 10 kills without any deaths in the Crucible.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice. That's incredibly useful. Is the buff gone now though, or just automatically applied?

And what may I ask is "strength of the wolf"? I seem to randomly get it in IB matches.
My favorite medal. 10 kills for a team without anyone on that team dying.

BraXzy

I'm straight giving up with IB for now, I'm just not having fun playing it and don't want to force myself to just for the Hunter cloak.

Control just isn't fun anymore with the new supers. Far too much insta-death stuff that throws strategy and skill out of the window. The last three games boiled down to the team with most Titans :/

Actually Hopscotch is a bad gun to compare it to, since the pre nerf Hopscotch was a different gun and that was the one which was a king in PvP as it matched the Messenger archetype. The 2.0 Hopscotch was nowhere near the previous one.

i was talking about the new hopscotch type. i like it better than the previous one.

GorillaJu

I'm straight giving up with IB for now, I'm just not having fun playing it and don't want to force myself to just for the Hunter cloak.

Control just isn't fun anymore with the new supers. Far too much insta-death stuff that throws strategy and skill out of the window. The last three games boiled down to the team with most Titans :/

I would understand this complaint in Mayhem, but supers really aren't that common in IB. The best player I've encountered so far was a hunter. For like 5 games in a row whatever team he was on won (and he finished 5500+ every game) Finally the last game I was matched against him and we won,'it was 20000 to 19980 or something.

Geist-

I would understand this complaint in Mayhem, but supers really aren't that common in IB. The best player I've encountered so far was a hunter. For like 5 games in a row whatever team he was on won. Finally the last game I was matched against him and we won,'it was 20000 to 19980 or something.
I think you're forgetting about Super trains. One guy supers, creates orbs, next guy supers, creating more orbs, etc etc...

If the other team is coordinated it happens quite often.

What is your IB rank?
Rank 2.

nOoblet16

Hopscotch with outlaw, hand laid stock and reactive reload grants easy 3 burst kills and a quicker 2 burst kill than messenger. You can also take the lowest magnification sights for increased mobility and awareness without a hit to stability.

You do realise that not having perfect stability is the reason why Messenger is a beast of a gun right?

The recoil is the entire reason why Headseeker works so well with Messenger because the pattern is extremely predictable i.e. it goes straight upwards....which means any burst you land on an enemy will most definitely end up going towards the head and as such is good as it will get bonus damage.

GorillaJu

I think you're forgetting about Super trains. One guy supers, creates orbs, next guy supers, creating more orbs, etc etc...

If the other team is coordinated it happens quite often.

Rank 2.

You have to be coordinated and also not get fucked by snipers/heavy weapons/golden guns/shadow shots. It's not as if sun bros have free reign to kill you indiscriminately until the super wears off (though I won't deny that it sometimes feels that way).

Both were still 2 burst to the head kill though. Messenger was so close to the Hopscotch and it came with a fantastic roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom