• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

L̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶D̶G̶A̶F̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶3̶D̶S̶ ̶Z̶e̶l̶d̶a̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶.̶ ̶S̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶P̶M̶.̶

EDIT: And it's gone. Enjoy my fellow DGAF'rs :)

Your favorite raid group is looking for one more (on PS4) for a fresh King's Fall. If you like to have fun and aren't a bad person, hit me up!

PSN scarletham

OrionCelsius

Neo Member
Hey Dgaf. I've been playin IB since it dropped -- mostly without a team. I normally play around 11 pm CST ON PS4. My PSN is orioncelsius. Let me know if you guys wanna jam.

After 11 losses in a row on IB, I've decided to give up and stop playing Crucible for good. Its too frustrating, I don't enjoy it at all and only drag myself through it for gear to use in pve. But that armor isn't worth weeks of frustration. (and in fact my schedule is getting to the point that I probably wont even be able to collect the pieces every week anyways and if you miss one week your basically screwed out of the complete set, so why bother to begin with).

I'm gonna be jealous, I really like the IB sets this season. A lot more than ever before. I really want them. But the arbitrary time restraints, even more arbitrary restriction of only offering a fraction of the set at a time (meaning you miss one and your fucked), both coupled with the frustratingly unbalanced experience that the crucible is that I just plain find no fun in at all has forced me to give up.

I can live without them I guess. But I'm going to just cry every time another exotic is locked behind a crucible quest. Please stop that Bungie.

Tecnniqe

Banned
IB is the biggest pile of excrement.

qkxS9F4.gif

SnakeEyes

Banned
First IB of "the new Destiny" and we're already mired by a shitty OP Titan super and a glitched infinite Hunter super.

I love playing Crucible and Iron Banner, so I hope to god that both of the above are nerfed to all shit, and quickly. In fact, both of these are definitely deserving of a hotfix - no waiting horrendous periods of time to just change them in a later patch.

Daemul

Just played a game of regular Skirmish, a Nightstalker on the other team was doing the infinite Shadowshot glitch...

what_i_expected_arrested_development.gif

Fuck this games PvP, shit has done nothing but make me rage since TTK dropped. Not even Thorn made me rage this hard ffs, and I hated that weapon with every fibre of my being.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Seems more like people just dont like Pulse meta tbh

I welcome the new meta, still broken mostly due to shotgun range and OHK bodyshot snipers but Bungie dont give a shit.

Pulses as the new meta would have been fine if they didn't destroy the pulse rifles. The year 1 pulses are great. Year 2 not so much.

Oscar

Any cheese strats for that TLW Jolly Holliday quest? PvP has encouraged me to get the Chaperone.

I'm so bad at hand cannons that I'm resorting to just quickly equipping TLW when I know my team has the match won. Grants me 3%.

Tecnniqe

Banned
First IB of "the new Destiny" and we're already mired by a shitty OP Titan super and a glitched infinite Hunter super.

I love playing Crucible and Iron Banner, so I hope to god that both of the above are nerfed to all shit, and quickly. In fact, both of these are definitely deserving of a hotfix - no waiting horrendous periods of time to just change them in a later patch.

At first you seemed like a Hunter, but you might be a Warlock.

Got 287 IB boots, cool

Wow you actually got a drop? I've yet to see anyone get anything. I was starting to think Bungie lied about it even being possible. Either way, it sure as hell doesn't seem like the "primary method" of obtaining anything though. Seems the same as it always has been.

Any cheese strats for that TLW Jolly Holliday quest? PvP has encouraged me to get the Chaperone.

I'm so bad at hand cannons that I'm resorting to just quickly equipping TLW when I know my team has the match won. Grants me 3%.

Try to use it when you have a super and heavy as well.

chewydogg

I need to do the arc sword strike. Anyone want to help?

Helped some others with it earlier, but forgot to talk to Shaxx first. (DOH!)

PSN AdamKoy

Destiny |OT♦35| Infinite Hammer's Part 2: Shadowshot Edition

YIjuRIr.gif

That looks almost as powerful as a sunbreaker super!

It's actually beyond maddening/infuriating how bad crucible is atm. Like, you just kinda have to step back and laugh at it at this point.

It's now so far beyond bad it's actually funny.

R0ckman

I would understand this complaint in Mayhem, but supers really aren't that common in IB. The best player I've encountered so far was a hunter. For like 5 games in a row whatever team he was on won (and he finished 5500+ every game) Finally the last game I was matched against him and we won,'it was 20000 to 19980 or something.

This is not true at all, most of the matches I've been in really do feel like mayhem. I think everyone is running with max intelligence.

SnakeEyes

Banned
At first you seemed like a Hunter, but you might be a Warlock.
I run all 3 characters. My Warlock is my main, but even if I was using my Hunter (the other character currently up to IB/Raid spec) I wouldn't use this glitchy shit.

This is gamebreaking. Simple as that.

maomaoIYP

You do realise that not having perfect stability is the reason why Messenger is a beast of a gun right?

The recoil is the entire reason why Headseeker works so well with Messenger because the pattern is extremely predictable i.e. it goes straight upwards....which means any burst you land on an enemy will most definitely end up going towards the head and as such is good as it will get bonus damage.

I do. Unfortunately headseeker is not a best possible roll on a PR because the increase in damage is not substantial. Hidden hand or reactive reload are much better rolls. At perfect stability, from range it's one burst, three headshots, all the time, every time. Also, the messenger has a terrible reload time. Even before 2.0 a perfect roll hopscotch was better than the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom