• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget IB rewards, let's talk about the real travesty: killing Oryx and getting 2 shards! Not 2 useful shards, mind you, but 2 useless shards that are only good for...killing Oryx.

Yeah, RNG and all, but the lack of gear drops from the raid sucks. I've fully completed the thing 10 times across 2 characters and have received exactly two chests and one helmet total. Bleh, YMMV.

Man you get all the good stuff every raid!!!

Kane1345

Has something happened to dust palace in the heroic playlist? Me and my 3 man fireteam want to farm the heroic dust palace for the cloaks. It will be our first strike this week to get the guaranteed legendary drop but it hasn't popped up in over 2 hours of quitting and rejoining the playlist :/

FyreWulff

Has something happened to dust palace in the heroic playlist? Me and my 3 man fireteam want to farm the heroic dust palace for the cloaks. It will be our first strike this week to get the guaranteed legendary drop but it hasn't popped up in over 2 hours of quitting and rejoining the playlist :/

the flayers don't count as Ultras

I missed this as it was bottom of page, sorry. If you're up for it I'll give it a go.

Requote from an hour back, I'm up for helping with this if you're on PS4, just helping a friend now.
Still down, PSN same as my GAF name. Also back home so I am kinda ready whenever :p Did he every reply back?
Anybody willing to help me beat this last mission on Phobos?

Losing my patience lol

PSN: Nuova
Eh sure. Adding you now

dB Viper

Forget IB rewards, let's talk about the real travesty: killing Oryx and getting 2 shards! Not 2 useful shards, mind you, but 2 useless shards that are only good for...killing Oryx.

Yeah, RNG and all, but the lack of gear drops from the raid sucks. I've fully completed the thing 10 times across 2 characters and have received exactly two chests and one helmet total. Bleh, YMMV.

I know. I've completed around the same (10 times) and not a single drop from Warpriest, only shards. On my main, I've received 3 pairs of boots from golgy. 303, 303, 300. WTF.

Finally got the chest from Oryx last night. 306. Otherwise, he's given me 3 Auto Rifles (302, 302 and 300) and a Pulse 302.

Meanwhile, other guy in my raid group has a full set of 307+ on each piece, 310 sniper, 308 rocket, 307 machine gun, 305 scout rifle.

GIMME 310 DAMNIT!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure if Shot Package was the real issue because my new Shotty with Rangefinder kills in one hit like my Matador 64... I didn't see that difference.

Unless they changed from 99% chance to 90% lol
It wasn't the issue, it was an issue contributing to the dominance of a certain shotgun archetype. The problem is that that archetype remains totally dominant.

The video demonstration here (using your beloved Matador ;)) doesn't even have rangefinder. Just a high base range and impact, and reinforced barrel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwjn3n2u9vc&feature=youtu.be

Siege of the Warmind
Bingo.

d3Os2lG.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am 100% behind the concept of locking people out of content that they abandon for a period of time (say, 30 minutes).

FyreWulff

Don't you get a guaranteed legendary drop from a flayer if dust palace is the first heroic strike you do after the reset?

Not sure, I've yet to get that as the first strike, but the Flayers do act differently than other bosses. Also, are you sure it's the first strike? It is account-wide now, right? So if you did another character you already used it up.

Fuck the leavers too :b 2 manning strikes is possible, but it instantly makes run longer for no other reason than quitter didn't get his favorite strike.
I'm more concerned with your proposal that quitting should incur a 1 to 2 hour ban. Hopefully you were just joking and I'm a victim of internet sarcasm.

I missed this as it was bottom of page, sorry. If you're up for it I'll give it a go.

Requote from an hour back, I'm up for helping with this if you're on PS4, just helping a friend now.
I lied, gonna get a cup of coffee with my best friend since he's in town. I should be back within an hour...hopefully..if I don't get side tracked

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Setting up a group to try for Spindle again:

1. Granadier
2. ??
3. ??

edit: Xbox

darthbob

you mean gaming shotguns? cuz real shotgnuns can shoot pretty far :p

With a slug, sure. However with shot, not so much. Effective range maxing out around 75yds.

But this is Destiny, we use crazy future space guns with space bullets that don't have to adhere to conventional weapon specifications and limits.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are the preferred weapon load outs for going after the spindle?
Some combination of a primary weapon with bonus damage to Taken, a strong secondary with either void or solar damage, and a Sword of the other element if you have it, seems to be good throughout

most fps's i play online i'm around 3 kd'ish, in this i can barely go positive. there is so much bullshit/1 shot garbage and HORRIBLE lag.

1v1 i lose almost every gunfight putting 5/6 burst on target people just dont go down, i get 1 burst and my shield is gone and i'm in red lol.

So fucking done with this shit after IB

realcZk

weekly update predictions:

• acknowledge the shadowshot bug
  • say trials / ib will go on as planned
  • some stuff about how us guardians can group together to defeat even the worst evils
  • something very vague about exploiters who do bad things should feel bad and are bad people (no one will actually get banned)
  • stuff about how everyones enjoying and using the new emotes and how these will improve in the future

shadowshot hotfix coming next week probably

• some stuff about how us guardians can group together to defeat even the worst evils
  • something very vague about exploiters who do bad things should feel bad and are bad people
  • no one will actually get banned
  • stuff about how everyones enjoying and using the new emotes and how it will improve in the future

I love these predictions!

darthbob

• something very vague about exploiters who do bad things should feel bad and are bad people
  • no one will actually get banned
  • stuff about how everyones enjoying and using the new emotes and how it will improve in the future

*sigh*

I've reported a lot of idlers and quitters, and even sometimes, cheaters. They do get punished, I promise you that. Think I've got a few emails from Bungie thanking me for using the report function too.

qliPbUe.jpg

Kane1345

Not sure, I've yet to get that as the first strike, but the Flayers do act differently than other bosses. Also, are you sure it's the first strike? It is account-wide now, right? So if you did another character you already used it up.

I haven't done a strike this week. It's just weird that dust palace has not shown up for us in the heroic playlist in over 2 hours of quitting and restarting. So I thought I would ask here in case I missed something

Weekly update will be.
-Waxing poetic about dancing
-Waxing poetic about banner
-Some banner stats
-Trials tease, either the map tomorrow or the dusk thing in the grimoire
-Deej out

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
most fps's i play online i'm around 3 kd'ish, in this i can barely go positive. there is so much bullshit/1 shot garbage and HORRIBLE lag.

1v1 i lose almost every gunfight putting 5/6 burst on target people just dont go down, i get 1 burst and my shield is gone and i'm in red lol.

So fucking done with this shit after IB

The typical Destiny PvPer is just superior to the typical PvPer in those other games.

AngerdX

Any doing nf or anything else, getting a bit bored soloing while mopping up quests, gaining light atm is like running into a brickwall. :)

realcZk

*sigh*

I've reported a lot of idlers and quitters, and even sometimes, cheaters. They do get punished, I promise you that. Think I've got a few emails from Bungie thanking me for using the report function too.

qliPbUe.jpg

im all for people getting banned - don't get me wrong. they are ruining the pvp experience for other players, and plenty of other games don't tolerate this. bungie has banned for less.

i'd bet that a good chunk of players are using this exploit though, i couldn't go a match last night without seeing one, and I reported most of them. that would be a lot of bans... probably more than used the heavy ammo exploit.

Weekly update will be.
-Waxing poetic about dancing
-Waxing poetic about banner
-Some banner stats
-Trials tease, either the map tomorrow or the dusk thing in the grimoire
-Deej out

Needs more waxing

I can't wait to play Trials. I don't expect to play it all weekend long like before, but I'm definitely going to play it on release to check it out!

purg3

slept with Malkin
I love these predictions!

What I would like to see:

-An explanation for the unannounced until the patch drops economy changes and a full reasoning behind how it makes the game better.

What I won't see:

-An explanation for the unannounced until the patch drops economy changes and a full reasoning behind how it makes the game better.

What will actually be on the update:

Hey guys, emotes are great, right?

HBP

*sigh*

qliPbUe.jpg

Idlers? That's kinda shitty, sometimes real life gets in the way (kids) and you have to put the controller down.

Weekly updates needs to talk about the latest patch especially economy nerf. That's all I care to hear about atm. Weapon Parts in particular.

Then any information on Trials.

Tovarisc

I'm more concerned with your proposal that quitting should incur a 1 to 2 hour ban. Hopefully you were just joking and I'm a victim of internet sarcasm.

I just threw some number up and 2 hours would be overkill, I admit. Still lockout from playlist should hurt and affect their game experience, force them to think if being quitter and leaving people "alone" in group activities is good way of playing. All just for not getting that favorite strike or PvP map that gives that 10.0 KDR.

At least afkers can't get loot from strikes anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom