• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

This makes a lot of sense (and I particularly like the phrasing "crumple zone" for some reason). IIRC, this is actually the only time in Destiny's run so far when you can be over-leveled for the highest difficulty activity, which maxes out at 300. Pushing to max out at 310 is kind of a fruitless endeavor, but we're all conditioned to chase it. Me, I just wanna hit 300.

Case in point. My 300 ghost is one of my best pieces of gear. :lol

I just like using the phrase crumple zone

crumple.

E92 M3

Yes. But maybe the ones at the literal bottom of the scoreboard don't need the best rewards?

It should be kept random for all players to feel rewarded. I've seen bottom players get exotics often and it's not the end of the world. Instead, top players should have a higher chance to get more stuff.

But I basically realised half way through the match, why am I even trying? I've not got a better chance of loot if I win or if I come top on my team. I've been playing well all day and getting jack shit, first game I basically give up and wander around I get rewarded haha, hard to argue with that.

Personally, I play PVP because it's fun to shoot people and blow kisses. All the good loot is obtained from the PVE activities.

This makes a lot of sense (and I particularly like the phrasing "crumple zone" for some reason). IIRC, this is actually the only time in Destiny's run so far when you can be over-leveled for the highest difficulty activity, which maxes out at 300. Pushing to max out at 310 is kind of a fruitless endeavor, but we're all conditioned to chase it. Me, I just wanna hit 300.

Case in point. My 300 ghost is one of my best pieces of gear. :lol

What is your light level? Figured you would be above 300 now since you guys did the raid before.

sajj316

Very, i expected 2 hours tops.

Not when you play with new folks .. also a strategy disconnect

(1) Warpriest - stack in the middle for 3 rounds or middle, right, back to middle
(2) Golgo - one bubble at a time or two. If two, can whoever is taking the gaze understand it well enough to properly take it so we can pop the 2nd bubble. Which bubble do you pop?
(3) Daughters - where do you round up after the slam dunk
(4) Oryx - 2 on Oger duty or stay on platform. Hey guys, stop using your primaries on the Vessel, use the damn sword!! Why are you tethering Oryx?

purg3

slept with Malkin
But I basically realised half way through the match, why am I even trying? I've not got a better chance of loot if I win or if I come top on my team. I've been playing well all day and getting jack shit, first game I basically give up and wander around I get rewarded haha, hard to argue with that.

Yesterday I was trying for the Imprecation quest part and ended worst on the team with like a .4 k/d and got a legendary shotgun. No one else got anything. I felt bad and left.

I'm not playing well because of my gear though, my skill at the game is what should be rewarded. If I'm trying more and contributing more to winning the game than my team mates, then yes I should have much better chances of being rewarded.

Screw this it's fair for everyone approach, it rewards not improving at the game.

Not everyone wants to make building their PvP skills a lifetime career. Some people just want to have fun. And if the way it would be set up is for only the best players to get drops, you'd basically just end up with Trials type sweaty games.

Banner is more accessible than trials where your skill is rewarded directly based on performance. Those of us who have spend many hundreds of hours playing and still aren't PvP gods are thankful that Bungie doesn't think like you when it comes to rewards.

Ozone

I love my Oh Please.

Its absolutely baffling to see that in my last 15 tries, no one understood this battle. That can't be real.
I mean, if you're doing Court of Oryx, you MUST have done the Crota fight at least once, right? It's pretty obvious what you have to do.

At this rate, I'll never finish that quest. :(

Jito

Banned
Personally, I play PVP because it's fun to shoot people and blow kisses. All the good loot is obtained from the PVE activities.

That's good for you, I was under the impression IB gear would take me to 300+ so I've been trying real hard to get it.

Not everyone wants to make building their PvP skills a lifetime career. Some people just want to have fun. And if the way it would be set up is for only the best players to get drops, you'd basically just end up with Trials type sweaty games.

Banner is more accessible than trials where your skill is rewarded directly based on performance. Those of us who have spend many hundreds of hours playing and still aren't PvP gods are thankful that Bungie doesn't think like you when it comes to rewards.

I don't see why in IB and Trials playing well doesn't mean more rewards, it's only logical. The whole event is set up that winning is everything yet it doesn't really matter if you win or lose.

Daemul

LOL! Just did the Raid and during the Oryx fight 2 of us stunlocked the Shade of Oryx with infinite Shadowshots when he came in for the sword melee, he literally couldn't move and the rest of the team just whaled on him. It was hilarious.

Silvard

Looking to start a fresh raid in about 70 min to run my baby Warlock

King's Fall - 10pm CET - 8pm GMT

1. jayforone
2. Mindlog?
3. A guardian looking for some of those rare rare shards
4. A guardian looking for a 300 ghost
5. A guardian looking for 300 boots
6. A guardian looking for 310 Auto Rifle

So I ll need 4 or 5 of you. Vibe is cool.
Cleared Oryx yesterday with Ethomaz in about 6 min!

Quote me and sign up. Please send me a FR if you sign up

70 minutes? Sign me up.

PSN: SilvardCT

Tecnniqe

Banned
Time to get some food and calm them nerves.
Playing on empty stomach is not a good idea :p

Will IB and attempt a quick kill on Oryx bit later on.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I mean, if you're doing Court of Oryx, you MUST have done the Crota fight at least once, right? It's pretty obvious what you have to do.

I think we forget that the overwhelming majority of Destiny players have never completed a raid.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sorry about that. It was my fault.

Well i dont blame you at all, we had one which i knew hadn't done it, but then we also had a surprise guy who apparently hadn't done it as well.

We should just get a experienced group up bit later and do it in like 5min

Edit: Agonarch Runes have been enabled again

E92 M3

I'm not playing well because of my gear though, my skill at the game is what should be rewarded. If I'm trying more and contributing more to winning the game than my team mates, then yes I should have much better chances of being rewarded.

Screw this it's fair for everyone approach, it rewards not improving at the game.

Bungie needs to curate Destiny so the population stays high and keeps MM working efficiently. Everyone always forgets that the limiting factor to any MM is the population. And the number one goal should to be sustain the population. Majority of the population is casual and should be catered to in some way.

It's the same reason I don't buy most multiplayer games. The population always dies within a month. Even Halo is not safe from an evaporating player base.

Only surefire bets - on console - is Destiny and Call of Duty.

SkylineRKR

I finally had the last Tier 2 face off I needed, and lo and behold, terrible level 40's who CAN NOT beat a Tier 2. I left with almost a minute on the clock. This shit is worse than Iron Banner solo.

I think we forget that the overwhelming majority of Destiny players have never completed a raid.
I think we conflate a lot of our own issues as 1% of the 1% gamers with what the majority of players experience. I have friends and relatives who play who will never notice or care about 99/100 of the buffs/nerfs/changes Bungie has implemented or will implement.

Jafku

Well i dont blame you at all, we had one which i knew hadn't done it, but then we also had a surprise guy who apparently hadn't done it as well.

We should just get a experienced group up bit later and do it in like 5min

Edit: Agonarch Runes have been enabled again

Definitely. I'm not inviting that Oli guy tho

Jito

Banned
Bungie needs to curate Destiny so the population stays high and keeps MM working efficiently. Everyone always forgets that the limiting factor to any MM is the population. And the number one goal should to be sustain the population. Majority of the population is casual and should be catered to in some way.

It's the same reason I don't buy most multiplayer games. The population always dies within a month. Even Halo is not safe from an evaporating player base.

Only surefire bets - on console - is Destiny and Call of Duty.

I'm only suggesting a change to rewards in IB though, leave Crucible as a free for all lucky dip of loot where the shittest player gets the best stuff. There's really no point in even trying to win in IB at the moment under the current system, I might just go AFK for the rest of the night.

sajj316

I finally had the last Tier 2 face off I needed, and lo and behold, terrible level 40's who CAN NOT beat a Tier 2. I left with almost a minute on the clock. This shit is worse than Iron Banner solo.

Are all Tier 2's random or is it just a pool of specific Tier 1 combos? Tier 3 this week is the Crota wannabee.

neoism

Leave strike and/or PvP match after it has began or middle => get 1-2 hour long ban from all PvE and PvP playlists.

Raid going roughly?

Saw few glitchers in normal Crucible, but none in IB over too many hours of gameplay. Your mileage may be different.

lol
quitters suck but if they ever put anything in there like that it would only be about 10 minutes max, 1 to 2 hours ppl would just quit playing the game entirely.

E92 M3

I'm only suggesting a change to rewards in IB though, leave Crucible as a free for all lucky dip of loot where the shittest player gets the best stuff. There's really no point in even trying to win in IB at the moment under the current system, I might just go AFK for the rest of the night.

The problem is that you're playing Destiny for loot; I am playing because it's a fun shooter. Your mentality seems to be similar to the people that would get their Gjallarhorn and quit. I want to get stuff to be able to play in peace and not worry about loot always. That's why I always love Destiny after completing all of the hardest challenges.

At the end of the day, the point to any game should be because you're having a good time playing.

MrDaravon

I hadn't bothered doing the Argonarch Rune since I charged my first one, what exactly was wrong with it? I saw in the patch notes apparently there was some sort of issue that they patched where it wasn't charging if you'd already used a fully charged on in the same week or something along those lines, but something is still broken with it?

Been knocking out all the bullshit Quests on all of my characters so haven't spent much time on the Dreadnaught at all actually. Most daily bounties don't have you go there, and I'm already done with all of my CoO stuff and Fragments on my main. On a related note they realllly need to do something to tidy up how runes are handled in your inventory, between T2 and T3 runes charged, uncharged and partially charged all of my characters are full on them. I'm going to have to start actually deleting Stolen and Antiquated runes or something.

Jito

Banned
The problem is that you're playing Destiny for loot; I am playing because it's a fun shooter. Your mentality seems to be similar to the people that would get their Gjallarhorn and quit. I want to get stuff to be able to play in peace and not worry about loot always. That's why I always love Destiny after completing all of the hardest challenges.

At the end of the day, the point to any game should be because you're having a good time playing.

Ok thanks for trying to understand but you're really way off, don't put me in the boat of people chasing gear forever to quit once I've got it, I'm simply pissed that Bungie said "we've improved IB rewards" they haven't and that putting any effort into matches rewards me with jack shit.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
No, he's a guy on my friends list. Uncivil is gaf. He's cool

I'd never done it before but I feel like I understood the mechanics once they were clearly explained. I just made the mistake of listening to that other guy a couple times, and he also kept jumping on the platform before me.

Anyone down for a Spindle run? I'm sitting at the teleport now, just need two. Would like to knock this out before I hit the sack to get some sleep for work tonight. PSN is perineumlick.

E92 M3

Ok thanks for trying to understand but you're really way off, don't put me in the boat of people chasing gear forever to quit once I've got it, I'm simply pissed that Bungie said "we've improved IB rewards" they haven't and that putting any effort into matches rewards me with jack shit.

Wasn't a full-blown classification, but your argument sounded similar due to you bringing up AFK. And yes, Bungie promised and didn't deliver better rewards overall.

PuMa

Take a break. Take a chill pill! Take...something!

Wasn't a full-blown classification, but your argument sounded similar due to you bringing up AFK. And yes, Bungie promised and didn't deliver better rewards overall.

Hopefully they comment on that in the weekly update because it certainly seems like a pretty blatant miss. Something must not be working correctly. Especially since some previous IB's have been rather generous with the loot drops.

Jafku

I'd never done it before but I feel like I understood the mechanics once they were clearly explained. I just made the mistake of listening to that other guy a couple times, and he also kept jumping on the platform before me.

I wanted to scream SHUT UP at the guy cuz he said he never did this part. So why is he giving instructions?

FWIW I got my IB titan mark when I finished top of the team as the only person who actually went positive, was in that game on Pantheon I mentioned earlier. Outside of that I've got crappy blues/strange coins/motes, not really fussed.

JayHayabusa

Posting for a new page. Please forgive the spam

1. jayforone
2. Mindlog?
3. SilvardCt

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Damnnnn, Spindle is hard as hell.

Are there any experienced runners here on Xbox?

Mindlog

Posting for a new page. Please forgive the spam

1. jayforone
2. Mindlog?
3. SilvardCt

I'll be there with my Titan.

sajj316

Just an observation. Sometimes, people don't understand counter-clock-wise on the platform portion. The starting point also differs between daughters and oryx but it's still counter-clock. Whoever is on add or Oger duty will sometimes call out who's the next to jump on especially in situations where there is a new raid player.

Is it just me? (probably is lol) Doesn't is seem like there could/should be WAY more things to reward us with in Destiny as it is now? Many more weapons, weapon levels, weapon types, elemental damages/shields, ammo, armor of each part etc. It's year two and i fully expected more "stuff". If asked last Oct. if i thought a 4th class would be introduced in DLC i would have bet on it as well as having 4-5 raids by now.

IB and ToC got me thinking about this again...

I'm surprised we're not seeing more/new types of rewards, items, gifts, surprises. There seems to be so much darn potential for cool stuff to give out at the end of matches/strikes/missions etc.

IDK... call me greedy/needy. Still fully enjoying Destiny and will continue to do so... i just keep having so many of these "Aw man, how cool would it be if they did..." moments non-stop lately after TTK.

FeD.nL

Holy shit. I've finally found my gun that works for me in IB, it's the Tlaloc, went in as a SS to see how it would go and the Tlaloc is amazing. Like having a permanent super almost.

Holy shit. I've finally found my gun that works for me in IB, it's the Tlaloc, went in as a SS to see how it would go and the Tlaloc is amazing. Like having a permanent super almost.

I need this gun!!! I barely ranked my Hunter to rank 3. Time for gunsmith grind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom