• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any doing nf or anything else, getting a bit bored soloing while mopping up quests, gaining light atm is like running into a brickwall. :)

I'd like to run a NF. I've tried before but the warsat part is pretty tough. If you want to give it a go, add me: DreadfulOmen

Zocano

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

My PS4 controller died yesterday during IB and I couldn't find a charger for a few minutes and got booted (which I should since I'm not helping the team by doing nothing). The 1 pro about Xb1 controllers is that I have Eneloop batteries for days so I never have to worry about it.

Also, I'm super stoked for the XB1 Elite controllers in a couple of weeks!!!

tlaloc + susanoo is an awesome combo in crucible

i don't get fusion rifles sometimes though.. they can be frustrating.. sometimes it'll be a OHK and other times it barely damages them.. no wonder people look for any excuse to use a shotgun

Owensboro

two or three questions.

1) What light level is good for the final sword quest? I'm sitting at 291 or 293 depending on loadout, and need all 3. If that's high enough level and anyone is interested in any of them I'm up for it!

2) What light level is good for the Spindle quest? Same level and qualifier as above. If anyone's up for trying I'm down!

3) That's it. Just wanted to put a (3) here.

PSN(PS4): OwensboroEsq.

Probably the best sidearm in the game

but its still a sidearm

It makes a cool Pew Pew noise thanks to the silencer. I don't see how it'll be practical in PvP though seeing as shotgun is the way to go at all times.

Its still a sidearm. Crits for 36 and probably has a slightly higher ttk than pulse rifles. I'd basically run it if I had a main wep that had a huge reload timer, so it could be switched to mid-reload

So never

Hmm I'll probably pass then and hope I get it as a drop (lol right?). The pew pew noise is tempting though.

A cool-down timer for quitting activities would be a really good incentive. The snowball effect that happens when people start quitting Crucible matches is just ludicrous. There is no incentive to stay.

Definity

Any word yet on a patch for the shadowshot shenanigans? When you run into a team abusing it there is not much you can do. Spawn and your suppressed or killed. Rinse and repeat.

tlaloc + susanoo is an awesome combo in crucible

i don't get fusion rifles sometimes though.. they can be frustrating.. sometimes it'll be a OHK and other times it barely damages them.. no wonder people look for any excuse to use a shotgun

I love that combo, Susanoo absolutely evaporates guardians in the crucible.

TP-DK

The hell, it seems like the matchmaking just gets worse and worse. My fireteam got into a match that were two minutes in, and then it split up our team. Why, why would you break up a fireteam..

After ~10 raid runs the Warpriest decided that he has hated on me enough and gave me something else than shards: 308 machine gun with Persistence.
Then Oryx decided let's troll this guy and give him the same machine gun but at 300 and 302 gauntlets. At least I found a 310 Voidfang Vestments on the way.

I'm
not
sorry Oryx!

two or three questions.

1) What light level is good for the final sword quest? I'm sitting at 291 or 293 depending on loadout, and need all 3. If that's high enough level and anyone is interested in any of them I'm up for it!

2) What light level is good for the Spindle quest? Same level and qualifier as above. If anyone's up for trying I'm down!

3) That's it. Just wanted to put a (3) here.

PSN(PS4): OwensboroEsq.

1. Should be fine, keeping all 3 wardens alive at the end to get all 3 swords in one go will probably be an absolute pain though, you might need 2 runs.

2. As long as you have a decent sniper rifle and heavy for add control/boss DPS you'll be fine. A super high light level for this isn't really a requirement.

Idlers and quitting midgame are tough subjects, both ethically and logically, regardless of PvE or PvP. You do have to code for each.

PvP Idlers:
-They do get booted now for idling, but how long is too long?
-They could do something like checking to see how often it occurs. Was it just that one time (in the past X games)? If so, no cooldown. If it's more than the last game, what's the consistency and how many games?

PvP quitters:
-What is their quitting percentage? If it's above a certain threshold, cooldown. (Maybe what, 10%? Meaning you can't quit more than 10% of your games otherwise you get a cooldown).
-Also, how about quitting a game you just joined midgame that's already either imbalanced either from score or player count, should those count as "quitting"?

There needs to be a penalty, but the overall matchmaking system needs to be smart enough to calculate and differentiate between people doing it at a somewhat frequent basis versus rarely.

PvE can be somewhat similar. With this system a boot system should be applied as well, at the very least, for PvE.

Just some thoughts.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Did some Court of Oryx to try and get the Artifact reward but I don't have any Antiquated Runes, how do I get those? Managed to finish the other summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom