• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how some other games (like Rocket League) have handled it. Works well in my opinion.
A 10 minute cool down on all matchmaking activities would make a difference. Bungie seems to bend over backwards avoiding the punishment of people who ruin everyone's else enjoyment of the game.

sajj316

so I'm thinking of doing Crota and VOG to get loot and shards to convert into Motes of Light. With the light and XP level, do you think it's possible to kill Aetheon without doing the portals, oracles, or times vengeance? Thinking a 3 man team with 290-310 spindles.

MrS

Banned
Exploit you mean.

Top edit:
YIjuRIr.gif8
didn't see you moaning about the Hammer of Sol 'exploit'

Owensboro

1. Should be fine, keeping all 3 wardens alive at the end to get all 3 swords in one go will probably be an absolute pain though, you might need 2 runs.

2. As long as you have a decent sniper rifle and heavy for add control/boss DPS you'll be fine. A super high light level for this isn't really a requirement.

Well that's all good news!

Anyone interested in trying for the final sword step (need all 3) or going for a Black Spindle? I've never done either, so don't expect me to lead any of them without some hiccups!

PSN: OwensboroEsq

Definity

It is cheating in the colloquial sense, a glitch or bug in the technical design sense, and an exploit in the behavioral sense. Tune in next time for more Guardian Semantics!

lol. Call it what you want. His team clearly had the advantage when abusing said exploit. :)

so I'm thinking of doing Crota and VOG to get loot and shards to convert into Motes of Light. With the light and XP level, do you think it's possible to kill Aetheon without doing the portals, oracles, or times vengeance? Thinking a 3 man team with 290-310 spindles.
Why bother? Just do the encounter as intended. Atheon goes down fast nowadays.

Three man means you'll need to be Sunsinger to avoid the teleport.

I just threw some number up and 2 hours would be overkill, I admit. Still lockout from playlist should hurt and affect their game experience, force them to think if being quitter and leaving people "alone" in group activities is good way of playing. All just for not getting that favorite strike or PvP map that gives that 10.0 KDR.

At least afkers can't get loot from strikes anymore.
Quit bans can be implemented in destiny, sure. They would preferably be used to deter habitual quitters. Quit too many games in some time frame, get a time out for some period. Continue quitting while on probation, get a more severe quit penalty. Play nice for long enough, you are brought back to normal status.

However, under no circumstances should a quit ban of any duration be placed on a player after leaving a single match. If I'm queuing up for a crucible match and get put in a game down 5k or something, fuck that. I'm gone. Fix your mercy rule system first before punishing players from leaving a terrible experience. Leaving crucible is much more acceptable than leaving a strike since losing is actually a possibility. For strikes, prioritize games in need of 1-2 more players for matches over that of new games. Filling strikes immediately is more important than filling crucible matches that should have just been ended.

jaaz

There is some precedent for how Bungie reacts to things like this. Remember the Warlock sunsinger exploit, where a Warlock could essentially revive without using their super by switching bubbles in their subclass before reviving (or something like that)? As I recall Bungie took weeks or perhaps even months to fix that one.

There's one surefire way to get Bungie to fix it: Stop playing IB and don't play ToO until they fix it. Bungie seems to religiously follow what its player base is playing and how much they are playing it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol. Call it what you want. His team clearly had the advantage when abusing said exploit.
I hope this isn't intended as any kind of contradiction of what I said. I can summarize my semantic breakdown in the sentence "He is exploiting a glitch to cheat."

I seem to favor substantially harsher penalties for those doing so than many I've seen commenting on the issue in the last dozen pages and I don't care at all what it's called.

I only commented in the first place because of how fruitless it is to say something like "it's not a cheat, it's a glitch" as though these things have universally-applicable meanings in every context.

FStop7

Banned
The hell, it seems like the matchmaking just gets worse and worse. My fireteam got into a match that were two minutes in, and then it split up our team. Why, why would you break up a fireteam..

Wait, breaking up a fireteam in IB? Definitely not by design.

Quit bans can be implemented in destiny, sure. They would preferably be used to deter habitual quitters. Quit too many games in some time frame, get a time out for some period. Continue quitting while on probation, get a more severe quit penalty. Play nice for long enough, you are brought back to normal status.

However, under no circumstances should a quit ban of any duration be placed on a player after leaving a single match. If I'm queuing up for a crucible match and get put in a game down 5k or something, fuck that. I'm gone. Fix your mercy rule system first before punishing players from leaving a terrible experience. Leaving crucible is much more acceptable than leaving a strike since losing is actually a possibility. For strikes, prioritize games in need of 1-2 more players for matches over that of new games. Filling strikes immediately is more important than filling crucible matches that should have just been ended.
I agree. I actually would prefer if people didn't get replaced in the Crucible after the first minute. If it's a blowout and people start leaving, just end the match as quickly as possible. I'll stay, work on my bounties and get the loot drops. Bringing people in, as though maybe the next guy can turn this 10000 to 1200 game around, is just comical. It just encourages the culture of quitting.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm available to do some Black Spindle runs on Xbox.

Message me on XBL.

If I run the Taniks strike, do I have a chance at the cloak even if I'm on my Titan?

I got it on the Moon strike from the directer while on my Titan. I think the Heroic while harder have higher chances of dropping.

Frostburn

Looking to start up IB for the first time this week or do a full clear of King's Fall.

Anyone starting up either or have room on a team forming?

lt519

Every match I won last night I joined with my team down about 2000 points with the score around 9000-7000. It made it hard to scrounge together 2500 points before the match was over. Got it on some end of the match medal. Any match I started from the beginning we got smoked.

TP-DK

It is cheating in the colloquial sense, a glitch or bug in the technical design sense, and an exploit in the behavioral sense. Tune in next time for more Guardian Semantics!

Now why would I tune in next time, when it feels like youre just talking down to me.

Exploiting a glitch, an op weapon, an op super. No difference to me, it all happens because of fuck ups from Bungie.

Lag switching or somehow being able to manipulate the actual game code. Thats cheating to me. Thats the meaning of the worf I grewup with, since the first time I played an online game. If you see it meaning something else, thats fine, but no need to talk down to me.

darknil

Hey, I've been wondering, is it known if the strike playlists have a reduced pool? I'm tired of Valus Taarc, Undying Mind and the giant gorgon one. Once in a while I get Saber and brothers.

Can't believe that I'm saying that I miss Omnigul, Sepiks Prime and the others :(

keakster

If you haven't found anyone in 45 minutes I will. I'm one Taken short of charging mine as well and would love to do it, but am still at work. PSN: rarbusto, message me in a bit if you still haven't done it.

I will probably be off by that point, but if you're still looking for help later on in the evening and I'm on just send me a msg!

PSN? I can help. I need that part too!

PSN: OwensboroEsq

FR sent!

Is is hard to solo?

Agonarch rune? Not remotely hard to solo, it'll just take a little longer.

Edit: wow, seriously? Page top for this? Yikes.

Edit2: here's something more:

That moment when you look at the team your versing and kjhovey is on the other team 😑

I promise you he will soon join TrueVanguard on the mercy hole :<

Woah, that's crazy you actually got your kjhovey rematch! Sucks it didn't go as planned but you really can't compare without full fire teams. Obviously Banner isn't anywhere close to Trial's competition level so it wouldn't mean as much. Hopefully you'll get your rematch someday and take him down.

Hey, I've been wondering, is it known if the strike playlists have a reduced pool? I'm tired of Valus Taarc, Undying Mind and the giant gorgon one. Once in a while I get Saber and brothers.

Can't believe that I'm saying that I miss Omnigul, Sepiks Prime and the others :(

yeah theres no sepksis, omnigal, archon priest, summoning pits in the playlist

guessing cause they didn't update them and they don't have any strike specific gear

would be nice to have the full array of strikes to make it slightly less repetitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom