• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic Rufus! You missed one detail though.

nightfall now rewards a random Y1 exotic item. Lolol

Bungie hire DJ

It was implied that said exotics would be year 1 exotics. I'm not that optimistic :p

Seriously though, the update will be something like:

1. Removed antiquated runes from nightfall loot table.
2. Nightfall rewards now have a higher chance of dropping exotics.
3. The first nightfall of the week will guarantee 10 strange coins.

Deku Tree

Oh I have no idea. I'd never tease people about publisher-provided news -- I'm a reporter, not a marketer. I'm teasing a story you guys will want to read on Kotaku tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Jason also Has source inside Bungie or Acti... Kotaku broke the MTs plan before Acti was ready to announce it. So it is conceivable that they are going to write an article about Bungies plan for the DLC of year 2 of Destiny.

Klyka

Banned
I kinda just want something new from Bungie at least each month.
That's the longest to go on without something new for the game to stay fresh. This month is hard mode raid I guess.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Finally hit rank 3 with Queens Wrath! 3 bounties a week isn't enough for new players. I think I even started about halfway through rank 1 from ages ago. These super grinds for exotics feel anything but special or epic.

phen0m24

It was implied that said exotics would be year 1 exotics. I'm not that optimistic :p

Seriously though, the update will be something like:

1. Removed antiquated runes from nightfall loot table.
2. Nightfall rewards now have a higher chance of dropping exotics.
3. The first nightfall of the week will guarantee 10 strange coins.

My man. :) They better remove the 1-mote possibility too. That's pretty horrid.

Being honest I would do the nightfall if it gave me 10 strange coins and 10 3 of coins. I enjoy the exotic drops while farming in patrol.

Please tell me that is his official job description.

It should be. Hehe

it's more, salt shall be pouring.

HM raid will cost silver
Kappa.png

I'll wait and see.

noomi

Curious to see what nightfalls are like after the patch, did my 3 weeklies this morning.

Holding off on the raid as well, bring on hard mode.

GlamFM

Banned
I assume whatever Jason is teasing has nothing to do with the patch. Otherwise he would release the article today and not tomorrow.

phen0m24

Whelp it sounds like with the patch notes and the kotaku article we will quickly hit OT35 today.

Drizzay be ready!

OT◇35|Post-patch depression
OT◇35|This DLC, brought to you by...
OT◇35|Nirwin have mercy
OT◇35|KF:HM Taken Captains, Taken Captains Everywhere

I assume whatever Jason is teasing has nothing to do with the patch. Otherwise he would release the article today and not tomorrow.

He didn't say, but the article is coming out today. We don't know if it's before patch or post patch. He just said it would be: interesting.

My man. :) They better remove the 1-mote possibility too. That's pretty horrid.

Being honest I would do the nightfall if it gave me 10 strange coins and 10 3 of coins. I enjoy the exotic drops while farming in patrol.

1 mote reward was not a thing. People who had already done the nightfall on the same characters had a chance of getting one-two motes from another nightfall on the same character, if they joined to help out a friend or needed it for a quest or something.

1 mote was never a nightfall reward. Some folks just over reacted.

Skele7on

Banned
I do not want to be wrong so I will not even PM stuff.

The changes well the ones I've heard at least aren't the devils that have been mined previously.

Whoyouare

Just received the dead orbit rank 25 quest. In the description it says I need to where their armor. Do I need to where a complete set of gear?

Thanks!

phen0m24

What's going on with Kotaku, I haven't been around the thread as much.

Scroll up noomeh

1 mote reward was not a thing. People who had already done the nightfall on the same characters had a chance of getting one-two motes from another nightfall on the same character, if they joined to help out a friend or needed it for a quest or something.

1 mote was never a nightfall reward. Some folks just over reacted.

I didn't realize that! Gotcha. Still kinda sucks though.

Just received the dead orbit rank 25 quest. In the description it says I need to where their armor. Do I need to where a complete set of gear?
Thanks!

I don't know if you need to where it but I know wear you can get it - at the DO vendor. ;)
honestly not sure as to your question though

Thanks!

As Deku said you only need to have a DO emblem, shader and class item equipped when you do the parts of the quest. It is a bit poorly worded but I think it says armor class item.

Deku Tree

With no exotic heavy engram, it's gonna be kinda really hard to get your exotic swords up to 330. I guess you can get them past 310 with some legendary heavy weapons from KF in the 310-320 range but 330 might be a lot harder.

GlamFM

Banned
With no exotic heavy engram, it's gonna be kinda really hard to get your exotic swords up to 330. I guess you can get them past 310 with some legendary heavy weapons from KF in the 310-320 range but 330 might be a lot harder.

330? I thought the cap was 320, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom