• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Anyone still need Paradox daily with secrets?
Room for two.
I know where to find the ghosts.

Gonna start it up in a minute if I can find two more.

Owensboro

Testing! Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

People for All-newbie Friday 8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84)
3. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours])
-. Z2phon (PSN: ___) (currently Light Level 275. Needs ~290)

Reserve 1: tarzanpuyol (PSN: ___) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)
Reserve 2: Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012)

QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEATEN THE RAID: please use non-spoilery answers <3
1. What light level is minimum required? I imagine 290, like it says, but wanted to check the ability for us to bring 285 or even a 280. I imagine they'd be useless in the back half of the thing.
2. What equipment is must have? I've read at least a 280 weapon and a high impact sniper. What Heavy should be used? Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Sword, or Sleeper Stimulant?
3. Any other quick prep advice a team would need to complete the place?

Thanks everyone!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... wut?! Anyone care to explain... am i still sleeping?
There is a patch later today that we know changes the nightfall rewards. It looks as if the press are aware of other contents of the patch but are under NDA until around release. It's possibly something major but we don't know.

Edit: patch is about 5 hours away (I think)

Skele7on

Banned
QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEATEN THE RAID: please use non-spoilery answers <3
1. What light level is minimum required? I imagine 290, like it says, but wanted to check the ability for us to bring 285 or even a 280. I imagine they'd be useless in the back half of the thing.
2. What equipment is must have? I've read at least a 280 weapon and a high impact sniper. What Heavy should be used? Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Sword, or Sleeper Stimulant?

Thanks everyone!

1 290 above
2 mainly DPS weapons machine guns, swords can be useful a decent scout rifle and high impact sniper too veryyy useful.
3 prepare for fun, learn to jump, make sure to have snacks and a positive we can do this attitude. have a weapons of light titan.

noomi

Thanks everyone!

1. The first few parts of the raid you can be around 285ish, the later parts the closer to 300 the better.
2. Snipers, Heavy MG's, and swords, weapons of light, tether
3. Be prepared for many lulz :)

GlamFM

Banned
There is a patch later today that we know changes the nightfall rewards. It looks as if the press are aware of other contents of the patch but are under NDA until around release. It's possibly something major but we don't know.

Edit: patch is about 5 hours away (I think)

I don´t think it´s about the patch:

Oh I have no idea. I'd never tease people about publisher-provided news -- I'm a reporter, not a marketer. I'm teasing a story you guys will want to read on Kotaku tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Skele7on talks about NDAs, but keeps whatever he seems to know to himself.... for whatever reason.

I think these things are unrelated.

ori0n378e

Thanks everyone!
When I first did it, not completed, but started out as a 283 titan. It didn't hamper me/us at all...

Klyka

Banned

Thanks everyone!

1. I went into the raid as a 285 and made it to the Third boss and then finished the raid 2 days later with light 294.
2. Your weapons should be 280 light and higher, basically the further into the raid you go the closer things get to 300 light, so you want a high light weapon. You definitly want a strong sniper rifle and a strong machine gun. rocket launchers and swords I'd say are fairly useless.
3. Just have fun and don't let wiping discourage you. Also, try things out and analyze. Don't go into each try with "we will kill the boss now" instead do stuff like "ok let's understand this part of the fight". Wiping doesn't cost you anything. Oh and also, if you run low on ammo, do "ammo runs" where you only kills adds and collect ammo and then wipe.

Skele7on talks about NDAs, but keeps whatever he seems to know to himself.... for whatever reason.

I think these things are unrelated.

he just wants to sound mysterious :p he knows nothing

Testing! Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

People for All-newbie Friday 8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84)
3. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours])
-. Z2phon (PSN: ___) (currently Light Level 275. Needs ~290)

Reserve 1: tarzanpuyol (PSN: ___) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)
Reserve 2: Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012)

Thanks everyone!
1) IMO mid 285 if they are confident the person can survive.
2) Sniper and MGs are very helpful.
3) have fun! think about some of the strikes mechanics ;)

maomaoIYP

Erm. The IB weekly bounties which I had turned in BEFORE reset counted towards this week's shaxx NF bounty. I picked up the bounty and it had immediately 3 out of 5 completed.

maomaoIYP

Erm. The IB weekly bounties which I had turned in BEFORE reset counted towards this week's shaxx NF bounty. I picked up the bounty and it had immediately 3 out of 5 completed.

Quoting myself, because this is kind of mindblowing for me. This practically guarantees that I'll be able to do 3 crucible NFs every week.

E92 M3

Oryx's final form:

attachment.php

We will also teleport to a Hive cathedral to fight him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom