• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of them were updated recently, all show as kinetic only where they previously had elements:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1457207756-harrowed-anguish-of-drystan
http://www.destinydb.com/items/3919765140-harrowed-defiance-of-yasmin
http://www.destinydb.com/items/2918358303-harrowed-doom-of-chelchis
http://www.destinydb.com/items/2536361592-harrowed-smite-of-merain

They really want to move away from elemental primaries, I don't think they will make the same mistake of adding legendary ones back.

Man, this is great.

Elemental on primaries is something that you should only find in a few exotics.

Great stuff, thanks!

Edit: On the other hand, a sniper rifle with no elemental damage makes me hold a grain of salt on these.

FStop7

Banned
Kind of a sucky time to be where I'm at now... 260 light. Too low to do KF. Too high to do any of the classic raids (plus nobody else wants to do them.) Spindle quest? Not available. Paradox? Not available. Sleeper quest? Not available. And I don't think my FWC rep is high enough for today's stuff even if I had already done Paradox. Pass the time w/ Court of Oryx? It's a wasteland.

Yeah, right now the game kind of sucks for players in my position. I'm stuck in a dead zone and there's no way out of it except waiting for timed events like the Spindle to return while either doing nothing or randomly grinding.

Matticers

I can't do this Paradox mission. I tried it by myself and the second ghost won't appear even if I don't die. Tried it in a group of three and the second and third aren't there even when I haven't died. This game is pissing me off.

LTWood12

LT, just use a video guide. plenty of ghost guides out there showing every location.

The ghost locations aren't the problem. It's the 'where the hell am I?' after getting the first ghost.

I have Baby #2 on the way, so no $ for that, lol. But maybe there'll be a Black Friday sale.

congrats!

I can devote some time tonight to leading people through the paradox mission to get all the ghosts.

Hawk to the rescue.

Rubenov

Like is that the new thing? People not being able to control recoil with their right thumb? I'd wager someone skilled at recoil control would make these higher impact PRs much deadlier than you're avg. Joe Hawksaw user.

Laser-like Pulses > bumpy pulses in skilled and unskilled hands alike.

BraXzy

Kind of a sucky time to be where I'm at now... 260 light. Too low to do KF. Too high to do any of the classic raids (plus nobody else wants to do them.) Spindle quest? Not available. Paradox? Not available. Sleeper quest? Not available. And I don't think my FWC rep is high enough for today's stuff even if I had already done Paradox. Pass the time w/ Court of Oryx? It's a wasteland.

Yeah, right now the game kind of sucks for players in my position. I'm stuck in a dead zone and there's no way out of it except waiting for timed events like the Spindle to return while either doing nothing or randomly grinding.

Do level 36 vanguard strike playlist. Get ENGRAMS, hand in one at a time, upgrading when you get a higher drop. Rinse, repeat.

I helped my buddy get to 290 within a couple of hours doing that from 253. Then you can raid.

Edit: how the hell do you delete something from your phones dictionary. Engrams always turns capital for some reason o_O

LTWood12

dude you can go from 260 to mid 280s in an evening of running vanguard strikes.

The ghost locations aren't the problem. It's the 'where the hell am I?' after getting the first ghost..

Did none of you guys take that alternate path down to the Templar when VoG was the only raid? I'm the opposite... i dont even remember the "normal" way down lol... same with the spirit bloom room back path.

I think it is kind of cheap that a step to get No Time to Explain you basically have to turn in motes for no reason. Can anyone say how many motes it took to level up FWC to advance in the quest?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Soloing the Paradox mission for the Praedyth's ghost was just awful.

Awful I say!

Frenden

Banned
Thanks, Driz, Ji66a, and Unstabie. That was a smooooooooooooooooth exotic get.

I didn't even read the last quest text--I was too excited to nab the gun. Gonna have to go look that up.

Laser-like Pulses > bumpy pulses in skilled and unskilled hands alike.

How so when one would have a quicker time to kill if handled better controlling more of the recoil?

Not being a jerk here.. just dont understand why someone wouldnt want the "potential" for quicker kills vs. a chance at more bullets to the head... both not guaranteed.

Shito

I think it is kind of cheap that a step to get No Time to Explain you basically have to turn in motes for no reason. Can anyone say how many motes it took to level up FWC to advance in the quest?
It takes 50 motes to complete that particular part of the quest.
You can also use the other donation options, everybody talks about motes because it's the easiest option, especially now that motes are plentiful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, this is great.

Elemental on primaries is something that you should only find in a few exotics.

Great stuff, thanks!

Edit: On the other hand, a sniper rifle with no elemental damage makes me hold a grain of salt on these.
It shows Arc damage for the Harrowed Defiance of Yasmin there.

Zhalo has a great niche right now all its own, awesome for Arc burn NFs or builds centered around frequent super use. A great weapon, but of course requires an exotic slot. I definitely am enjoying the lack of elemental primaries that become "standard loadout" material. There is a ton of room for personal preference in TTK and I love it.

wait... wha?

Regular old Vanguard Strikes or Tier 1 court of oryx will shoot you from 260 into the 280s easily o_O

And why isn't Paradox available to you today?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It takes 50 motes to complete that particular part of the quest.
You can also use the other donation options, everybody talks about motes because it's the easiest option, especially now that motes are plentiful.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the step not just "Rank Up"? Couldn't you do Bounties and Strikes and PvP etc if you wanted, instead of donating anything?

Deku Tree

BTW from the patch notes:

Daily Heroic Story
Removed deprecated Quest requirements from "Siege of the Warmind"
Removed deprecated Quest requirements from "The Wakening"

What does that mean?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the step not just "Rank Up"? Couldn't you do Bounties and Strikes and PvP etc if you wanted, instead of donating anything?

Correct but it would take forever with the 50% nerf, as I said if you start from FWC rank 0 it takes 8 motes to get the next step

Ghazi

Maybe, the description of that step specifically says donations, though. Besides, no one would want to rank it up manually, would take forever.

Shito

It shows Arc damage for the Harrowed Defiance of Yasmin there.

Zhalo has a great niche right now all its own, awesome for Arc burn NFs or builds centered around frequent super use. A great weapon, but of course requires an exotic slot. I definitely am enjoying the lack of elemental primaries that become "standard loadout" material. There is a ton of room for personal preference in TTK and I love it.

wait... wha?

Regular old Vanguard Strikes or Tier 1 court of oryx will shoot you from 260 into the 280s easily o_O

And why isn't Paradox available to you today?
There should be more exotic primaries with an elemental, especially if they don't intend to give legendary ones anymore.
As you said, you have to sacrifice your exotic slot for it, which makes for a nice and clever balance to this advantage: I'm finding myself having to think about this particular point a lot when switching my zhalo in and out of my loadout...

The step for me was to donate to FWC.
I was at the start of rank 3, and the step was completed around the middle of rank 3.
Also the description was explicitly telling me to "donate". Haven't tried to do patrol bounties though, maybe it works.

Namikaze1

It's not rank up. Well, from my experience, it's not ranking up. Just hand in stuff till you reach 100%.

Rubenov

How so when one would have a quicker time to kill if handled better controlling more of the recoil?

Not being a jerk here.. just dont understand why someone wouldnt want the "potential" for quicker kills vs. a chance at more bullets to the head... both not guaranteed.

Because you won't be able to consistently land headshots with a bumpy pulse. Yeah, of course it's doable, but highly unlikely. In approximations, I can hit about 90% of headshots with my 100% stability Hawksaw, while with Red Death that drops down to about 50%. Yeah sure Ive 2- shotted with the Red Death many times, but is not as frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom