• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

so guys does anyone know if a two day trial PSN plus stacks with a three-month card also after observing my yearly subscription I realized the five days they gave us for free for last year's debacle they didn't credit me.......fucking sony.

In my experience trial cards won't work/stack if you've previously had PS+ on that account. I had a long (like 1-2 year) lapse in PS+ on my account, and I tried to use a trial and it wouldn't let me, had to buy PS+. YMMV however.

So nightfall rewards are good now? Luke Smith made good on his word, added 300 plus ghosts to nightfall?

What else was in the patch? Didn't get time to go through patch notes properly..

PuMa

Would you be willing to sherpa me through it tonight if you have time? I just don't know my way around the outskirts of VoG. Last time once I got the first ghost i didn't know which way was which, and couldn't find a guide on how to get from there to the well.

There's a decent guide on reddit. I'll be going through it tonight as well if we're on at the same time.

LTWood12

Yeah, time-gating to reveal it is one thing, but these "only available on one day" events with no heads-up on when they'll be available again really sucks.

I have a friend who needs a Spindle, but we're all adults with kids. We can't just drop everything & play for 1-2 hours on a random weeknight. Thank goodness this quest is popping on reset day when we pre-arranged to play together anyway.

Epyon. I'd like to introduce you to one of God's greatest gifts.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PV515DU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Get it.

neoism

1 A Paradox In Time

You will need to get a Cult Ghost found in the Paradox mission. You can get this ghost during days when the Paradox mission is the Daily Heroic. You can also get it via glitching but it's best to get it legit.

In order to get the cult ghost, you first need to find 3 ghosts hidden in the Vault and ignore Praedyth's remains after killing the hydra.

One Ghost can be found in the hidden passage that leads to the Templar's Well.

Second ghost can be found in the hidden passage that leads directly to the exotic raid chest.

Final ghost can be found in the jumping puzzle room.

Upon getting all 3 ghosts, the inactive Vex Portal in the area will activate. Head through the portal where you will come across more Taken. Kill some till a Taken Ultra pops up. Kill the Taken Ultra to open a door where a chest is hidden containing a legendary engram and the Cult Ghost.

Please note that handing the ghost in today will not give you the next step today. Maybe it will pop up tomorrow. You have to had handed the ghost in prior to today to continue the quest line today.

2 A Change in Allegiance

Lakshmi will have a new mission for you. This one requires you to be part of or temporarily join FWC. Hand in materials/synths/motes to Lakshmi till a new mission pops up.

Hand in 50 Motes of Light to quickly get this step over with. You get 10% for every 5 motes handed in.

You HAVE to join FWC to complete this step.

As mentioned above, this mission will pop up for you today if you handed the Cult Ghost before today

3 Venus Baby!

Head to the Citadel on Venus and wait for the Taken to spawn in. Kill a taken Minotaur. An item will automatically pop up. Head to your inventory and trash the new item. Head back to Lakshmi.

The Taken Minotaur is one of 3 Lieutanants that spawns during the Taken attack. You have 3 chances to get the item. You don't need to kill it to get the item just as long as you're close to the person who lands the killing blow.

The item that drops will pop up in the Mission table of your Inventory screen.

4 Hello, Old Friend

Kill Atheon and dismantle the Eye of Atheon. Head back to Lakshmi.

Like the Minotaur, you don't need to land the killing blow. Item will automatically pop up in your inventory where the previous item showed up.

5 Zoba?!

Head to Twilight Gap where you will have to find a chest. Use the pools of light to cleanse yourself. Chest seems to spawn randomly. I found mine next to C flag zone.

You will die upon the screen completely blacking out. Memorize where all the pools are. Search around C for a silver chest (it looks like any old chest from patrol). Mission will end upon opening it. No enemies spawns during this mission

6 To the Garden!

Head to the Black Garden. Kill yellow bar goblins till you reach 100%. A giant Minotaur will spawn. It will stay on the field as long as the percentage is above 100%. Kill it. Return to Lakshmi.

I noticed that killing Minotaurs brought down the percentage so avoid killing them. it's best to do this with a fireteam.

The Ultra doesn't gain his health back if he leaves and you get him to come back.

7 Finally Some Time To Explain

Enjoy the new gun. :)
nami does this mean i have to up levels in rep or will it come next week or tomorrow?

Namikaze1

Would you be willing to sherpa me through it tonight if you have time? I just don't know my way around the outskirts of VoG. Last time once I got the first ghost i didn't know which way was which, and couldn't find a guide on how to get from there to the well.
What time? From 8 PM EST to 10 PM EST I'll be busy watching a film. After that I'll have maybe an hour to play before heading off to bed. I know where all 3 ghosts are at.

Zoidberg

Do you have any source?

Most of them were updated recently, all show as kinetic only where they previously had elements:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1457207756-harrowed-anguish-of-drystan
http://www.destinydb.com/items/3919765140-harrowed-defiance-of-yasmin
http://www.destinydb.com/items/2918358303-harrowed-doom-of-chelchis
http://www.destinydb.com/items/2536361592-harrowed-smite-of-merain

They really want to move away from elemental primaries, I don't think they will make the same mistake of adding legendary ones back.

LTWood12

What time? From 8 PM EST to 10 PM EST I'll be busy watching a film. After that I'll have maybe an hour to play before heading off to bed. I know where all 3 ghosts are at.

Thanks Nami. Sounds like Puma is going to help me out. Appreciate all the work you put in today helping everyone figure this stuff out.

GhaleonEB

But VoG is easy mode now. And the quest is probably available now and forever for anyone who did the Paradox secret daily, I might guess. We will see tomorrow.
Understanding that the VoG is easy for experienced raiders, those who have run a raid are still a small subset of Destiny players.

100% agree. I wasn't able to get on the last time Paradox was the daily, and it looks like I might not be able to get on today either. I can't think of any good reason why once this is available initially you couldn't do it at your leisure by selecting the Heroic version of the mission. It's actively discouraging.

Yeah. I might have some things going on at home tonight and won't have much if any play time this evening. And I don't know if that will prevent me from starting this up later on or not; I'm assuming, not.

"Like finger tips on the surface of my mind"
Does anyone else think this sounds like a chorus and expect a heavy dub step beat to kick in?

We need a djgaffer on this..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can devote some time tonight to leading people through the paradox mission to get all the ghosts.

Turned in cult ghost, got no mission. Anyone know if it's timed and how it's timed? Tomorrow, next reset, next daily paradox mission?

GhaleonEB

"Like finger tips on the surface of my mind"
Does anyone else think this sounds like a chorus and expect a heavy dub step beat to kick in?

We need a djgaffer on this..

On that note, I was running strikes with a friend the other day and we did the Darkblade one. I can't remember the exact line where Eris describes how he got stuck down in the pit, but it made us want a cooking show, hosted by Eris. "First, we sear the skin on the carcass, and then roast the flesh until it is moist and tender. And then...we will consume it."

With Eris' delivery it could be amazing.

On that note, I was running strikes with a friend the other day and we did the Darkblade one. I can't remember the exact line where Eris describes how he got stuck down in the pit, but it made us want a cooking show, hosted by Eris. "First, we sear the skin on the carcass, and then roast the flesh until it is moist and tender. And then...we will consume it."

Lmfao, i think she is great.. bat shit crazy but great.

Only got to play about with the NTTE for the daily rumble but it wrecks at short/medium range. It was on Sector 618 so never had a chance to try it at longer ranges where I suspect Nirwens will out do it

Thanks to Ruthless (hope you make you flight), Deku, Nami, Tyler and Liquids for letting me join after they got to Atheon had it all done in 30 mins

Edit for all the Hype though its a meh, they need to find another way to introduce guns or make them truly OP

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Turned in cult ghost, got no mission. Anyone know if it's timed and how it's timed? Tomorrow, next reset, next daily paradox mission?
No one knows yet, but this one feels like the Sleeper to me. I'm betting tomorrow.

If you haven't done the hidden stuff in Paradox yet though today's the day, until the next time it shows up as daily. I'll spend some time taking people through who need it.

Jinjo

Need two more for a KF speed run, psn is JinjoNL. Experienced preferred since we wanna run it quick.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

That's perfect. bahaha.

hey kids we're 1/20th of the way through OT35. lol

Guys. The Vault. With Swords. Telesto. And as a Sunbreaker.

giphy.gif

I can't wait to get home.

Exactly. Using the NTTE, you will be outgunned by higher stability pulses in the Crucible. Once again, chill people. Looks nice for some PvE activities.

Like is that the new thing? People not being able to control recoil with their right thumb? I'd wager someone skilled at recoil control would make these higher impact PRs much deadlier than you're avg. Joe Hawksaw user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom