• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Going for a run at Atheon on XB1. 3 spots remaining. Starting in 90 minutes.

1) VE3TRO
2) FixingDeDaDee
3) i KOBA i

neoism

so guys does anyone know if a two day trial PSN plus stacks with a three-month card also after observing my yearly subscription I realized the five days they gave us for free for last year's debacle they didn't credit me.......fucking sony.

Trakan

It has unlimited ammo on bosses if you keep shooting their crit spot. It's a primary BH.

And we already have an Arc Damage exotic primary. And elemental damage only really makes a difference for NF.

It's not worthy of an exotic slot. There's no way it out damages Spindle in the Raid.

KodaRuss

Ugh, I hope I am able to finish the mission tomorrow. I guess I need to make sure I do the daily missions more often and look for secrets.

Jito

Banned
So looks like they've fixed the overall drop rates for crucible right after IB finishes....

Just had two legendary engrams in 3 games of Mayhem Clash.

It's kinda funny they just disabled quiver while waiting to actually fix it. Wish they just would have done that immediately so trials didn't have to be postponed.

Namikaze1

1 A Paradox In Time

You will need to get a Cult Ghost found in the Paradox mission. You can get this ghost during days when the Paradox mission is the Daily Heroic. You can also get it via glitching but it's best to get it legit.

In order to get the cult ghost, you first need to find 3 ghosts hidden in the Vault and ignore Praedyth's remains after killing the hydra.

One Ghost can be found in the hidden passage that leads to the Templar's Well.

Second ghost can be found in the hidden passage that leads directly to the exotic raid chest.

Final ghost can be found in the jumping puzzle room.

Upon getting all 3 ghosts, the inactive Vex Portal in the area will activate. Head through the portal where you will come across more Taken. Kill some till a Taken Ultra pops up. Kill the Taken Ultra to open a door where a chest is hidden containing a legendary engram and the Cult Ghost.

Please note that handing the ghost in today will not give you the next step today. Maybe it will pop up tomorrow. You have to had handed the ghost in prior to today to continue the quest line today.

2 A Change in Allegiance

Lakshmi will have a new mission for you. This one requires you to be part of or temporarily join FWC. Hand in materials/synths/motes to Lakshmi till a new mission pops up.

Hand in 50 Motes of Light to quickly get this step over with. You get 10% for every 5 motes handed in.

You HAVE to join FWC to complete this step.

As mentioned above, this mission will pop up for you today if you handed the Cult Ghost before today.

3 Venus Baby!

Head to the Citadel on Venus and wait for the Taken to spawn in. Kill a taken Minotaur. An item will automatically pop up. Head to your inventory and trash the new item. Head back to Lakshmi.

The Taken Minotaur is one of 3 Lieutanants that spawns during the Taken attack. You have 3 chances to get the item. You don't need to kill it to get the item just as long as you're close to the person who lands the killing blow.

The item that drops will pop up in the Mission table of your Inventory screen.

4 Hello, Old Friend

Kill Atheon and dismantle the Eye of Atheon. Head back to Lakshmi.

Like the Minotaur, you don't need to land the killing blow. Item will automatically pop up in your inventory where the previous item showed up.

5 Zoba?!

Head to Twilight Gap where you will have to find a chest. Use the pools of light to cleanse yourself. Chest seems to spawn randomly. I found mine next to C flag zone.

You will die upon the screen completely blacking out. Memorize where all the pools are. Search around C for a silver chest (it looks like any old chest from patrol). Mission will end upon opening it. No enemies spawns during this mission

6 To the Garden!

Head to the Black Garden. Kill enemies till you reach 100%. A giant Minotaur will spawn. It will stay on the field as long as the percentage is above 100%. Kill it. Return to Lakshmi.

Yellow Bar Goblins increases the percentage by 4%

Minotaurs increases the percentage by 10%

The Ultra doesn't gain his health back if he leaves and you get him to come back.

7 Finally Some Time To Explain

Enjoy the new gun. :)

neoism

Gonna stay out of PvP until I get my hands on it. Not about to be killed by it over and over tonight.

How hard is the secret paradox mission to get the initial ghost? Best done with a fireteam?

shame I swear just seems like pulse rifles are getting a little too much love even though probably the best exotic is the supercell but still.... The cell kind of sucks for PVP

LTWood12

Explains No Time To Explain

So last time it was the daily, I got the first ghost in the mission then said fuck it. Any idea what the status will be today? Will the first ghost still be there? If it's not, do you think I'm fucked?

I guess you have no way of knowing for sure.

We live in a golden age of pulse rifles.

neoism

thNau4b.jpg

Anyone leveled it up yet and tried it out? How is it?

give me a FPS view of the gun pllllsssss

Namikaze1

So last time it was the daily, I got the first ghost in the mission then said fuck it. Any idea what the status will be today? Will the first ghost still be there? If it's not, do you think I'm fucked?

I guess you have no way of knowing for sure.

We live in a golden age of pulse rifles.
You will have to collect all 3 ghosts anyway to get the one you really need: the Cult Ghost. Ghost will still be there.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If you guys need an Atheon CP I have one on XB1, Hit me up if anyone needs it after 4:30 EST

Thats around 4 hours from now right? I'm hoping we would've completed by then but if not I'll let you know.

Edit: Never mind just realized you said EST. Yeah that will be cool.

I like that more exotics are tied to quest lines, and think it's a good thing that they are being rolled out like this. I hope this is how they roll out some of the planned year 2 versions of prior weapons.

That said, these seem aimed at a really small portion of the player base. The fact that you need to run VoG alone means most players will never see this, and the temporary nature of these (will I be able to start this tomorrow? I have no idea) means players who hop on periodically have no idea if they are going to land in the window to start one up. Once Bungie rolls out an exotic quest line, players should be able to initiate it at their leisure, IMO.

Adding this to the growing list of exotics I won't have time to get any time soon.

Yeah, time-gating to reveal it is one thing, but these "only available on one day" events with no heads-up on when they'll be available again really sucks.

I have a friend who needs a Spindle, but we're all adults with kids. We can't just drop everything & play for 1-2 hours on a random weeknight. Thank goodness this quest is popping on reset day when we pre-arranged to play together anyway.

LTWood12

You will have to collect all 3 ghosts anyway to get the one you really need: the Cult Ghost. Ghost will still be there.

Would you be willing to sherpa me through it tonight if you have time? I just don't know my way around the outskirts of VoG. Last time once I got the first ghost i didn't know which way was which, and couldn't find a guide on how to get from there to the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom