• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Please forgive me
Dianna_i_love_you_obviously.gif

You are forgiven. Here, have a red bull on me.

um4LmgA.gif

darthbob

CE on 360? No
I only played CE on the original Xbox. Cooped it with my dad on Christmas, as thats when he bought it for me and him to play :D

Yeah, CE Anniversary on 360 had a terrible netcode (or whatever the term is), mainly because the developers had to basically get lockstep networking working with AI from scratch.

OG Xbox with family is def the way to go tho :p

Deku Tree

I look at all the MTs coming to this falls AAA big budget games, and so far I feel like Bungie has adopted the best MT sales model by a huge margin.

Oh man have you not heard the interview with Jon where he goes into awesome detail about the Range stat?!

Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwyGYiGwp2U

I've talked about it several times in party chat with PvP folks like Unstable and Wicked but I haven't heard it myself yet. Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to give it a listen!

Shit, now Drizzay has me thinking I should get the Arc exotic just to use it for infusion fuel...but the grind...ew.

Lol don't be like me. I farmed up a second Touch of Malice just so I could infuse my raid pulse from 308 to 310. To be fair I only had to track down 5 fragments and it was actually a lot of fun to solo those three missions. Solo'ing the ToM Fear's Embrace was a blast honestly.

If you can skip the PvP part and go straight to the planetary material-ability kill part it's not that terrible. Arc ability kills are crazy easy as a Hunter or just do Mayhem Clash with whatever class. Using the PSN date trick you can farm 10 mats in 30-40 minutes depending on your luck.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah, CE Anniversary on 360 had a terrible netcode (or whatever the term is), mainly because the developers had to basically get lockstep networking working with AI from scratch.

OG Xbox with family is def the way to go tho :p

Yeah im gonna try an get my Dad to play some MCC with me after work in the coming weeks once H5 and all that is out of the way.

Would be great to relive those moments.
You are forgiven. Here, have a red bull on me.

um4LmgA.gif

:D

SoulClap

If you can skip the PvP part and go straight to the planetary material-ability kill part it's not that terrible. Arc ability kills are crazy easy as a Hunter or just do Mayhem Clash with whatever class. Using the PSN date trick you can farm 10 mats in 30-40 minutes depending on your luck.

Does that date trick still work? I've manually set my clock back an hour in orbit and loaded up a patrol but no resources ever appear. All I see are enemies and patrol beacons. I feel like it was stealth patched or something.

darthbob

I've talked about it several times in party chat with PvP folks like Unstable and Wicked but I haven't heard it myself yet. Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to give it a listen!

The talk about Range and Aim Assist starts at about 1h04m, although the entire podcast is worth listening to.

E92 M3

Hilarious thread from reddit about how The Worst Curse was made:

Luke Smith: Ok guys i need some money-screen-throwing ideas for a new Exotic Hand Cannon. Before breakfast would be cool. Oh and my breakfast begins in 5 minutes.

Sr Designer 1: What about an Arc one with 12 bullets, Outlaw, Firefly and snapshot as Hidden perk, exotic perk could be HP draining bullets on double kills, for those who would like to feel an OP Fatebringer reborn. Silver with blue finish....

Sr Designer 2: I think a Solar one would be better to make it one of its kind. 10 bullets, mulligan, spray and play, with Explosive Rounds as hidden perk. would blast adds in hard mode KF... full red finish with dragon's breath smoke effect and Burning dps as exotic perk...

Sr Designer 3: nah guys, a Void one would be way better. high ROF mid Impact 13 bullets, triple tap, zen moment and crowd control as hidden perk, the exotic perk could trigger a void explosion on precision kills...oh boy would be hell of a gun.... black with a void aura coming out of the barrel...

Recent INTERN: What about a really long quest hand cannon from Banshee with kinetic damage, 8 bullets, questionable perks, and no hidden skill that will make players believe it is OP because they just wouldnt believe we would make a hand cannon as awful as this. Plus we could save time by using starter white hand cannon as layout.

Luke Smith: Ok Intern im listening...

Lnkn52

Added. Wow I used the Xbox Smart app and it is so nice. .so much better than the playstation app. I have been talking crap about X1 for so long but I feel like the interface is so much better :(

The Xbox One interface for the console is so clunky.

I've been watching the Halo 5 streams all day today and it seems very impressive. GT Lnkn52

Does that date trick still work? I've manually set my clock back an hour in orbit and loaded up a patrol but no resources ever appear. All I see are enemies and patrol beacons. I feel like it was stealth patched or something.

I used it less than a week ago so I don't think it was patched unless it was very recent. I've had issues like that happen before though. Personally I set my date back one day although I doubt that matters. If you aren't seeing resource nodes in a zone, be sure to pick up a few material chests in side rooms/caves or wherever. In my experience that would trigger the nodes to start spawning.

I farmed relic iron in Buried City but there weren't any nodes initially until I grabbed 2-3 chests. Then I noticed a couple relic iron nodes, grabbed them, did a loop through the area and saw two more. I was able to zone in/out at the Hollows and all 4 nodes were still there. I made a circle loop for those same 4 nodes on every pass which made it really easy.

Let me know if you still don't get any to spawn, it's always possible they've stealth nerfed exploits like that (like they did a while back with checkpoint sharing over the weekly reset).

CE on 360? No
I only played CE on the original Xbox. Cooped it with my dad on Christmas, as thats when he bought it for me and him to play :D

True, but that seemed more aimed at MP

Try getting 3/4 way through Halo 1 on Legendary, taking a break, coming back to no saves. It's soul crushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom