• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

So to prepare for HM tomorrow, I got 30+ 3oCs to burn. To get rid of them, I'm going to wake up early in the morning and pretty much do the Strike Playlist until the HM raid is available. A 310 Helmet would do wonders, and I don't think it would be wise to take my hunter's 310 helmet away from her.

If anyone wants to join me, I'll keep my party open.

Namikaze1

So to prepare for HM tomorrow, I got 30+ 3oCs to burn. To get rid of them, I'm going to wake up early in the morning and pretty much do the Strike Playlist until the HM raid is available. A 310 Helmet would do wonders, and I don't think it would be wise to take my hunter's 310 helmet away from her.

If anyone wants to join me, I'll keep my party open.
I'll join you for the strike run. Got 25 ToCs to waste.

NastyBook

AFKers need to fuck right off.

3 Damn salvage matches in a row.
Had some great Salvage matches last night. Was able to complete my PVP Quest with two other good players. Won in Skirmish, too. Usually picking up randoms in those modes would lead to my blood pressure skyrocketing, but I had actual fun playing them.

Bogeypop

Hmm that's a good point. I would also like to get some (hopefully) 310 Infusion fodder Exotics to get another Light Level or two in preparation for King's Fall HM. Got like 30+ ToCs that I keep forgetting to use. Might start up a Strike train later in the evening.

Nuova

Banned
Salvage is terrible. That should never be a daily. It pretty much guarantees that randoms will not give a shit if they win or lose.
I was in a match earlier today and I might as well have been AFK. Such a bad game mode.

I had to win two matches for a quest. Was about to just say fuck it and move on but FINALLY got matched up with two active teammates.

Infusing one of the 310 swords? Damn son. I give you major props.

*sigh*

well I repped warlocks in our flawless run, so I guess I'll rep them again in the hard mode run. If it gets too froggy, I can drop into my Hunter. Just maxed out nightstalker on her yesterday.

I'd never touch the 310 Solar sword but Arc is only worthwhile in PvP. I'd never use it for something like Trials where Light level mattered so I just bought a 280 kiosk replacement. Who knows, I'll probably get a 315 rocket launcher from Warpriest :p

Definitely use whatever character you feel strongest with, one Warlock could certainly be useful. I just want to have as high Light as possible for this first run since we'll presumably get 310+ drops that will make it easier for alts. The only run I care about is that first blind one to learn all the HM secrets and clear it as fast as possible.

X-Frame

Good question. I would like to know this too.

I think it means faster weapon switching and aiming, but I'm not actually sure.

My favorite is where there are multiple scopes with the same description.

Found it, via Reddit. You were right Ghaleon.

"Handling How quickly you aim, raise, and lower [swap] your gun. This stat is a combination of the previously mentioned factors. You can receive bonuses to each one separately, but they all fall under Handling."

Sorry I am just dragging you along in the strike playlist.
Trying to get undying mind or dust palace.

No worries! I am patient and glad to know someone else is as OCD about this as as I :p

If you want to farm the cloak, NF is the best way. Got all three in about 10 NFs, each taking about 10-15 minutes.

What stat is it that determines your turn radius when moving? I noticed sometimes when I'm sprinting I can barely turn corners at all and sometimes the turn radius is pretty tight. I think the exotic boots were supposed to help with that if they ever actually turn up.

Would love to do those and or Nightfalls around 7 or 8 tonight. If you're busting them out now, have fun! :)

I'm thinking Nightfalls pre-whatever HM I can sneak into tomorrow night unless I just watch the streams

Fig, have you done your Nightfalls?

I have, but I wouldn't mind trying to get a void Mantle. I'll be on in a bit.

Lee

Meh, they originally intended to have Trials and banner run concurrently. It would be fine since it wasn't their original intention to have it delayed, not to mention the hard raid isn't a time limited thing.

Wouldn't want to put undue strain on their favorite streamers and youtubers. Gotta spread the content around man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like one had to drop out for tonight's inaugural KF Newbie Raid.

If you can make it at 8pm eastern time tonight and would like to come, please send me a PM. Please do not ask for the spot unless you know that you can make it- if you aren't sure, but would like to be considered if we have any no-shows or otherwise need someone to fill in at the time we get started, please PM me asking to be an Alt instead.

First to PM will get the spot, minimum level is 285 (if you are close and really really want to come, PM me to talk about it).
One spot for 8PM ET tonight.

LTWood12

I'd never touch the 310 Solar sword but Arc is only worthwhile in PvP.

c2552a9182f6868df79081839efb1277.gif

I'd love to run it when its live. I plan on going at it until we beat it as well.

Ah, best of luck then. Won't be around until the evening.

darthbob

Well that's disappointing. All because some dude couldn't help but spread knowledge of a game breaking exploit.

It would've spread regardless. I'm just surprised that it got past QA but I guess their QA was more focused on squashing cheese.

One spot for 8PM ET tonight.

Could I join? I've cleared KF once.

Edit: I'll go on Alt status instead, would rather someone who has never done the raid take my place.

I'd never touch the 310 Solar sword but Arc is only worthwhile in PvP.

Maybe the other swords are more powerful (I don't know and don't have them) but I fucking love my Arc Sword and all I do is PVE. It's easily the exotic that gets the most use for me. Plus it looks the coolest of the swords.

It would've spread regardless. I'm just surprised that it got past QA but I guess their QA was more focused on squashing cheese.

If he never had said anything it probably wouldn't have been an issue. It is a very unnatural thing to go into menu mid super. I'm glad it was found so it could he fixed but I'd rather it be fixed without having been exploited throughout the crucible first. What is even more disappointing is that their temporary fix was to disable quiver which could have been done as soon as the issue was found.

I think it means faster weapon switching and aiming, but I'm not actually sure.

My favorite is where there are multiple scopes with the same description.

Sometimes the descriptions make no sense. Also, sometimes the scopes don't change the visible stats but they do change the invisible stats: aim assistance, equip speed, recoil direction and zoom.

Aim assistance will be called "target acquisition." Enhanced TA gives more aim assist, strong TA gives even more than enhanced.

Equip speed can be referred to as handling which includes all the separate stats for ready (switch to that weapon), stow (switch to another weapon) and aim/ADS times. "Light" scopes will have faster ready-stow times while "snapshot" sights will have faster ADS times.

Zoom stuff is obvious from the descriptions; recoil direction is not and I don't really know if/how it's referenced in the text. I really really wish Bungie would make all these stats visible so that we could make more informed load out choices. Hide it on another tab to not overwhelm people or something.

Namikaze1

I'm gonna check the Tower as soon as HM is available to see if there are any new missions like say the rest of Old Hunger quest and this other quest for the Fatal Vision ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom