• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

I still don't think the Zhalo is all that.

I mean, it's cool to have an elemental primary, but the gun itself doesn't shine to me.

I'm LTTP (as usual) with this reply but what makes Zhalo special for me is when lightning starts arc'ing between several different enemies who are standing close and then you get that double kill and all the ammo comes back and your super bar jumps. It's a really cool positive feedback loop that I don't believe any other auto rifle has ever quite captured before.

And I'm not even really an auto rifle guy! But the Zhalo has a lot of personality and it is oh so useful when you have a bunch of trash mobs to deal with.

What are the best shaders? I don't like most of the crappy ones I have. I only kinda like Tristese I think it is and then I just got substance 321 which looks pretty good on my hunter with the red cloaks. Other than that I always feel like I'm wearing some type of gaudy clown costume in most of my other shaders.

Deku Tree

I'm gonna check the Tower as soon as HM is available to see if there are any new missions like say the rest of Old Hunger quest and this other quest for the Fatal Vision ship.

I was gonna first load into HM and then leave and go to the Tower, and, even if there is no mission marker, I was gonna talk to Eris and the other vendors to see if a new quest pops up.

darthbob

Zoom stuff is obvious from the descriptions; recoil direction is not and I don't really know if/how it's referenced in the text. I really really wish Bungie would make all these stats visible so that we could make more informed load out choices. Hide it on another tab to not overwhelm people or something.

According to Jon Weisnewski this is information that they did want to include, however there were a couple of issues that prevented it from going into the full game.

1: It breaks the fourth wall. Stats like Range, Reload, Impact, and such can all be worked into the lore of the game as being real. Stats like aim assist, weapon swap time, and information that is more 'nitty gritty' feels somewhat out of place.

2: There's a finite amount of space in the weapon menus. You have the name of the gun, the type of gun, an icon for the gun, lore text, the perks, the attack and element. It's jam packed already.

Again, this is according to the Gameplay Designer.

Was there a stealth nerf on titan seems like my energy isn't replenishing as fast.

Were you using Simmering Flames with a Sunbreaker and switched that to something else, like Cauterize?

Just got a couple of engrams from 5 3oC's, should I wait until I'm 311+ before I encrypt them?

Assuming you are doing Heroic KF this weekend and don't have a burning need for 310 infusion material, you might as well wait. Better safe than sorry.

(Warlock defense force incoming)

Haha I know, I know. I love Warlocks. They're great. I've had mine for over a year now and grown very attached... but sometimes I can't help myself. We can't take this stuff too seriously after all.

I'm LTTP (as usual) with this reply but what makes Zhalo special for me is when lightning starts arc'ing between several different enemies who are standing close and then you get that double kill and all the ammo comes back and your super bar jumps. It's a really cool positive feedback loop that I don't believe any other auto rifle has ever quite captured before.

And I'm not even really an auto rifle guy! But the Zhalo has a lot of personality and it is oh so useful when you have a bunch of trash mobs to deal with.

I hate the range on it but yeah that and using an Arc double kill agility buff on it makes it pretty fun.

I'm sorry folks but arc exotic sword is the Warlock of exotic swords.
Is there a reason for that or are the swords just personal preference? Your ridiculous opinion is invalid regardless though. Arc sword is best sword (mainly because it's the one I have).

Lnkn52

Drizzay be trolling

WarlockLnkn52-v2.gif

matmanx1

Something I thought about earlier is what weapons we are still missing from our new foundries. Where are:

Suros:
Hand Cannon
Sniper
Shotgun
Fusion rifle
Sidearm
Machine Gun

Omolon:
Auto Rifle
Pulse Rifle
Sidearm
Shotgun
Rocket Launcher
Machine Gun

Hakke:
Scout Rifle
Fusion Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Machine Gun

Anybody seen one of these variants in the wild? Especially the lack of machine guns by the new foundries seems an odd exclusion. I wonder if Bungie has some of these for a later update or if they were never around to begin with.

He's not. But it seemed somewhat analogous. If I found something game-breaking like that you guys are the first people I'd tell. If it made Bungie have to disable certain content temporarily I wouldn't feel responsible for that.

I certainly shouldn't frame it that he alone is responsible. Bungie is responsible for all of it. He is responsible only so far as a "but-for" relationship would allow him to be. I understand your sentiment, the phrase victim blaming just made me think you're opinion was more extreme than it is ;)

Mindlog

Things I want to spend Legendary Marks on.
  • Weapon Parts
  • Faction Rep
  • Strange Coins

Things I do not want to spend Legendary Marks on.
  • A ridiculously low Mark cap

If he never had said anything it probably wouldn't have been an issue. It is a very unnatural thing to go into menu mid super. I'm glad it was found so it could he fixed but I'd rather it be fixed without having been exploited throughout the crucible first. What is even more disappointing is that their temporary fix was to disable quiver which could have been done as soon as the issue was found.

You make the assumption that across a player base of millions that only one dude found it.

Things I want to spend Legendary Marks on.
  • Weapon Parts
  • Faction Rep
  • Strange Coins

Things I do not want to spend Legendary Marks on.
  • A ridiculously low Mark cap

I don't understand the cap. We're putting in the play time to earn them, and you can't buy raid gear to boost your level...so why are we getting a cap on them?

HMD

Something I thought about earlier is what weapons we are still missing from our new foundries. Where are:

Suros:
Hand Cannon
Sniper
Shotgun
Fusion rifle
Sidearm
Machine Gun

Omolon:
Auto Rifle
Pulse Rifle
Sidearm
Shotgun
Rocket Launcher
Machine Gun

Hakke:
Scout Rifle
Fusion Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Machine Gun

Anybody seen one of these variants in the wild? Especially the lack of machine guns by the new foundries seems an odd exclusion. I wonder if Bungie has some of these for a later update or if they were never around to begin with.

Foundries are handled awkwardly to be honest, they should've been faction specific or something.

LTWood12

I certainly shouldn't frame it that he alone is responsible. Bungie is responsible for all of it. He is responsible only so far as a "but-for" relationship would allow him to be. I understand your sentiment, the phrase victim blaming just made me think you're opinion was more extreme than it is ;)

It was a bit extreme, and not a totally fair comparison. You're ok in my book SH ;) Just don't start talking shit about my beloved Bolt-Caster and we're cool.

Solar Sword = best for DPS yellow bars

Void Sword = best for several close together enemies

Arc Sword = best for PvP and far away enemies

I like them all.

Boring reality, but you're probably right. Though I think the community has mistakenly pinned the PVP-only tag on Bolt-Caster. It is great in certain spots. Love it at the Totems.

According to Jon Weisnewski this is information that they did want to include, however there were a couple of issues that prevented it from going into the full game.

1: It breaks the fourth wall. Stats like Range, Reload, Impact, and such can all be worked into the lore of the game as being real. Stats like aim assist, weapon swap time, and information that is more 'nitty gritty' feels somewhat out of place.

2: There's a finite amount of space in the weapon menus. You have the name of the gun, the type of gun, an icon for the gun, lore text, the perks, the attack and element. It's jam packed already.

Again, this is according to the Gameplay Designer.

Wow, very interesting, thanks for the info!

I mean I completely disagree with both of their points but I can understand why they made them. It's a different relationship to the game than the one I take. Personally the strong aim assist in this game is so obvious that listing it in the menus is far from 4th wall breaking. I'm reminded every time my reticle goes flying off center whenever an enemy runs past the one I'm trying to shoot.

The menu space thing reminds me of the Grimoire cards. To me, having more game-related info in the game is great but there might be technical limitations I don't realize in addition to the design choices they're making. I can get all the same info on external websites but it'd be more fun in-game. Just tuck it away like a Mass Effect Codex, for crazy obsessives only.

Is this a good thing or bad thing?

Exactly! It's not a good or bad thing. It just is.

oSoLucky

So many exotic engrams staring at me from the vault, waiting for me to hit 311. Also have 6 NF rewards on standby. Bungie don't fail me now! Gonna be bummed if exotics can't go to 320.

darthbob

Wow, very interesting, thanks for the info!

I mean I completely disagree with both of their points but I can understand why they made them. It's a different relationship to the game than the one I take. Personally the strong aim assist in this game is so obvious that listing it in the menus is far from 4th wall breaking. I'm reminded every time my reticle goes flying off center whenever an enemy runs past the one I'm trying to shoot.

The menu space thing reminds me of the Grimoire cards. To me, having more game-related info in the game is great but there might be technical limitations I don't realize in addition to the design choices they're making. I can get all the same info on external websites but it'd be more fun in-game. Just tuck it away like a Mass Effect Codex, for crazy obsessives only.

Oh man have you not heard the interview with Jon where he goes into awesome detail about the Range stat?!

Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwyGYiGwp2U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom