• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

I've seen a lot of speculation online about the mechanics for Hard Mode. Will Oryx choose a random player to be Torn Between Dimensions? Does Golgoroth blind the taunters? Did we replace every combatant with Taken Captains? Let's just cut to the chase, because I think we all really know what Hard Mode is going to be this time around: Everything is clockwise. BAM!
is this gaf.

E92 M3

Raid lead designer definitely reads GAF.....

Taken Captains everywhere on disco platforms.

Really sucks that the next update is in late November, though.

KodaRuss

Looking forward to hearing about the HM Raid. I dont believe I can get higher than 305 right now so I will have to sit out for now I guess.

OK, I've put it off about as long as I can... I need some help with Fear's Embrace to get my Touch of Malice so I can actually stand a chance in the HM KF this weekend. I solo'd it the first time around, but the slight difficulty increase in the ToM version is giving me issues. PSN: SoullessSHOES

How about they address Kings Fall drops to Normal raid so those of us who are unlucky and remain underleveled can get to the point that they can even attempt HM. I keep getting he same damn item to drop every fucking week and am just now hitting 300. Still got a long road to even thinkijg anout HM aid.

Namikaze1

Boring

Whatever

Why am I still reading this?

Going forward, the Questline will be shorter. Completing matches will give you progress in most cases, and we'll be giving you more freedom to choose how to complete it. Blah blah blah...

:O

I'll actually be able to complete this incredibly stupid long ass quest I've been ignoring because it's fucking long!

E92 M3

How about they address Kings Fall drops to Normal raid so those of us who are unlucky and remain underleveled can get to the point that they can even attempt HM. I keep getting he same damn item to drop every fucking week and am just now hitting 300. Still got a long road to even thinkijg anout HM aid.

Yeah, people that play NM everyday should be prepared for Hard. The double RNG is annoying and abrasive to the player experience.

You make the assumption that across a player base of millions that only one dude found it.

It matters less to me who found it so much as who spread the knowledge of it. He for whatever reason spread the knowledge with the most success. Had he not found and spread it someone else definitely would have,and I'd be slightly frustrated with them instead.

It was a bit extreme, and not a totally fair comparison. You're ok in my book SH ;) Just don't start talking shit about my beloved Bolt-Caster and we're cool.

Boring reality, but you're probably right. Though I think the community has mistakenly pinned the PVP-only tag on Bolt-Caster. It is great in certain spots. Love it at the Totems.

I'm in no position to judge the exotic swords since I have none of them :p. I give the arc one props simply for coolness and reminding me of Zelda.

And how long has it been out? Mcc that is..
Faith in 343i, none.

I keep wanting to pick up MCC to go back through all the titles and get that Halo feeling down for the mp, but things like that just keep pushing me away.

Thanks again for that run in KF and having the patience while I took in the mechanics.

I keep wanting to pick up MCC to go back through all the titles and get that Halo feeling down for the mp, but things like that just keep pushing me away.

Thanks again for that run in KF and having the patience while I took in the mechanics.
I bought it for my kid and even he stopped playing it due too issues.. trust me that is bad.

As for KF no worries it was fun :) everyone has too learn the mechanics at some point.
I get angrh when people start huffing n shit because someone does not know, like they was born into it.

GhaleonEB

Glad to see they are tackling quest steps in the next update. And I really like hearing from the different designers of the different activities, I hope that continues. Not a meaty BWU but a fun one. Hopefully they can start to unpack the next big update next week.

border

Why do I STILL allow myself to get excited for the Weekly Update, when it's almost always non-news?

Would it have really been that hard to just preview some King's Fall Hard Mode loot? Or give us some kind of information that we didn't already have before?

So we learned something new about the HM KF-

We're going to give you one more plate to spin, and make you think on your feet.

There is a Plate mechanic. We have to carry fine China around, and whenever we get hit we drop one of the plates. We only have 7 plates. You can only get hit 7 times within the whole plate before you're booted to orbit.

A little late but Jakfu1

I'll still probably mostly be playing this but

XBOX = bl4ckfl4g

GlamFM, Not Sure if I'll jump on day 1 though. Fallout might get in the way.

Added my GT is Darryl M R25 so accept back :)

Also yea I will dividing my attention. I will only have Halo 5 for my X1 but on PS4 I will be playing Destiny, CoD, Fallout, Need for Speed, and Battlefront. And my fiancee may be playing Assassin Creed on my PS4.

So we learned something new about the HM KF-

There is a Plate mechanic. We have to carry fine China around, and whenever we get hit we drop one of the plates. We only have 7 plates. You can only get hit 7 times within the whole plate before you're booted to orbit.

Seems legit.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nice Kingsfall drops for my Warlock tonight on my final run before hard. Just need some armour for my Hunter and a helm for Titan. Can't believe how easy it is already with an organized group. Can't wait to see what hard mode brings now.

308 Ghost
306 Chest
302 Fusion
300 - Machine Gun
304 - Bond
Vena Cava Shader
310 Artifact
310 - 4th Horseman

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Nice Kingsfall drops for my Warlock tonight on my final run before hard. Just need some armour for my Hunter and a helm for Titan. Can't believe how easy it is already with an organized group. Can't wait to see what hard mode brings now.

308 Ghost
306 Chest
302 Fusion
300 - Machine Gun
304 - Bond
Vena Cava Shader
310 Artifact
310 - 4th Horseman

Thief!

I'm guessing that during the Totems in HM that the person running inwards with Deathsinger Power may have to transfer something to the person running outwards from the middle.

Thief!

I'm guessing that during the Totems in HM that the person running inwards with Deathsinger Power may have to transfer something to the person running outwards from the middle.

I was thinking the same during that portion today.

And agreed deadduck. They never detail HM, nor say much about large weapon/balance changes until they're about to implement them. Only thing I wish for out of what they covered would be for the updates to be sooner than scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom