• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
That weekly update tells me that hm raid will have additional mechanics instead of just more/tougher enemies. I'm looking forward to it...

The Taken Captain will be the new mechanic.

Everyone is assigned a Captain in the beginning of the raid. Together they must conquer each challenge ahead of them, jump the ships, do the relay race together, and eventually face Oryx where your Taken Captain will be killed by Oryx and become a part of you.

You will become the Taken Captain.

chur

The Taken Captain will be the new mechanic.

Everyone is assigned a Captain in the beginning of the raid. Together they must conquer each challenge ahead of them, jump the ships, do the relay race together, and eventually face Oryx where your Taken Captain will be killed by Oryx and become a part of you.

You will become the Taken Captain.
You'll become a Taken Captain and invade another group's raid just to rain hell upon them. You also get to dual wield 330 gjallys.

Yo, what class are you bringing tomorrow? What Light level?
A/S/L?

Right now we've got 2 Titans, a Warlock and a Hunter. I can be 309 as either Titan or Hunter. I should probably be Hunter for dem tethers.

A 307 Titan~.

I can make him higher through stealing my other characters gear and...destroying them if I so wished.

Only place I ever found the MG useful was for like Ogres on Oryx in an emergency if I ran out of ammo but that's rare.

really? i find it useful everywhere

when i run out of spindle ammo i use it on war priest and golgoroth and switch back and forth with primary to activate the cocoon

also good when teleported during oryx and general add maintenance

MrDaravon

Glad to see they are tackling quest steps in the next update. And I really like hearing from the different designers of the different activities, I hope that continues. Not a meaty BWU but a fun one. Hopefully they can start to unpack the next big update next week.

The problem is that it is taking them waaaaaay too long to address issues, at this point I 100% believe the Kotaku story when it talks about their tools being garbage. There were extremely comprehensive writeups on how and why the Crucible questline was way too long and it should count completed matches instead of wins within two weeks of TTK launch. Now they're talking about addressing it by Thanksgiving "if all goes well"? That's about two months depending which is an embarrassing turnaround. Just like the Iron Banner drops being garbage turned out to be a bug, which also has been affecting the Crucible in general all along, and they'll share final details on the fix once it's locked down? And none of this is even touching on other bugs/glitches like the Firefly causing games to crash, scopes on the Black Spindle etc etc.

Bungie clearly listens, but their acknowledgement and then turnaround on addressing said issues is completely fucking awful almost all of the time. I'm not trying to dump on their engineers or imply a lot of this stuff is a super quick and easy fix or anything, but I can't recall any other console game or studio taking nearly the time it's taken Bungie to fix glaring issues (technical or otherwise) with a AAA game like this. Super disappointing.

Namikaze1

I need more details. Which mission? Which checkpoint? How do you go about not losing said checkpoint?

:)
Shrine of Oryx

Make it to the end, kill Sardok, and head back to orbit. Mission doesn't end till you destroy the shrine so you can just spawn in, kill Sardok, and leave without losing the checkpoint as long as you don't destroy the shrine.

Shrine of Oryx

Make it to the end, kill Sardok, and head back to orbit. Mission doesn't end till you destroy the shrine so you can just spawn in, kill Sardok, and leave without losing the checkpoint as long as you don't destroy the shrine.

Pick up exotic engram, or no? Will sending it to the post master not count as picking one up, like Draksis?

E92 M3

Shrine of Oryx

But there is still a cool down right?

Mindlog

Don’t let that happen to you! Please keep your inventory orderly. Claim your lost and found items from the Postmaster as they arrive.
Then give me more Vault space ;|
My Postmaster has always been a supplemental Vault.

This should have been the Oryx music that plays. Fits perfectly in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/3V9zxXN1rx0

I like this better.

Is this in shrine of oryx or just the glitch in spot for the ultra knight on the dread?

The actual Shrine of Oryx mission. Sardok.

do you just go to orbit and straight back?

Nah, leave it for like 5-10 mins. I'm just doing it when I remember while I do other things.
I need more details. Which mission? Which checkpoint? How do you go about not losing said checkpoint?

:)

Shrine of Oryx. The very last checkpoint. Kill Sardok (the big Knight) and leave before destroying the shrine. You'll start again down the hall. Repeat whenever you like.

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/657322839721140224

This will easily be the SPOOKIEST Trials of Osiris ever.

TRIALS HYPE???

Pantheon map rotation on repeat then? Ok, good work!

tumblr_inline_n533866X9t1r3qblb.gif

MrDaravon

^ the mission doesn't end when sardok dies.

Do you wait ten minutes in between each engram drop?

I was doing him before the nerf. Haven't bothered 3oC farming or buying any more 3oC since then because of a combination of the economy nerf, already having nearly all of the exotics and my personal success rate of getting 310 exotics from engrams being total horseshit and not worth it >_>.

I found it preferable to Draksis though because you don't lose the checkpoint since the mission doesn't end until you shoot the orb which is something you can't do on accident, and it doesn't require you to have heavy ammo. I was also terrible at suiciding myself on Draksis which is obviously on me, but makes Sardok much safer as a result.

Pick up exotic engram, or no? Will sending it to the post master not count as picking one up, like Draksis?

I've picked up all the exotic engrams so far and got 4 engrams from 7 3oC. I really don't think letting the go to the postmaster does anything. You're not tricking the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom