• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Just leveled up Stormcaller for the first time. I think this super is preeeeetty balanced. It's not, like, super easy to blindly stumble into kills or anything.

border

I'm not trying to dump on their engineers or imply a lot of this stuff is a super quick and easy fix or anything, but I can't recall any other console game or studio taking nearly the time it's taken Bungie to fix glaring issues (technical or otherwise) with a AAA game like this. Super disappointing.

How far does your memory go back?

Assassin's Creed Unity, Halo Master Chief Collection, Battlefield 4, and Drive Club were busted for weeks on end. And not just "Oh this one ability might crash the game 1 out of 200 times" busted but like "I cannot play this game" busted.

exYle

6 chances is still more than enough to bypass the mechanic though :/ Really, what that would do is make deaths that much more punishing (because you need to factor in 3-or-whatever runes already).

I really really enjoy the "1.5 gaze" strategy I was shown last week, it's a blast and a great compromise between the mechanical complexity of 2 using all 6 orbs and the safety and simplicity of 1 with 1 orb.

THAT WAS MY STRATEGY

IT WAS ME

I SHOWED PEOPLE THAT

I mean it's more likely that someone beat me to it but I WROTE ABOUT IT

it's also extremely likely that someone else wrote about it before me too
I just wanna feel special ok

Deku Tree

I pick mines up.

Yep. I wait ten minutes between kills.

As soon as I kill Sardok, I pop a ToC and wait ten minutes before killing him again. Works for me that way.

Cool down period is character specific and it happens after an exotic engram drops. Before that you can pop 3oC back to back with no reduced chance of an engram drop. It's been tested.

Namikaze1

So my dog ripped apart my Art of Destiny book along with a Pikachu plush doll and this old notebook I was planning to throw away.

At least she didn't went after my The Art of The Last of Us book. I would've been pissed if she went after that one.

So my dog ripped apart my Art of Destiny book along with a Pikachu plush doll and this old notebook I was planning to throw away.

At least she didn't went after my The Art of The Last of Us book. I would've been pissed if she went after that one.

This is why I don't read

X-Frame

I personally believe that there indeed was a reward bug in Iron Banner because they also mentioned that it affected regular Crucible, which I absolutely have noticed. The rewards since TTK in PvP have been almost non-existant.

I haven't seen a single exotic drop in PvP. All I have seen are the legacy HoW Crucible reward weapons (Split Shifter Pro, Party Crasher, etc) dropping but nothing new in TTK.

what if she deleted your gear

then you know that dog has an agenda

GorillaJu

Cool down period is character specific and it happens after an exotic engram drops. Before that you can pop 3oC back to back with no reduced chance of an engram drop. It's been tested.

So, get three characters to the checkpoint, play on one till you get an engram and then switch, surely at least 10 minutes have passed by the time char #3 gets an engram.

Wait. So you just keep popping coins till you get something then take a breather?

Why isn't this the OT title!

I like this better.

The actual Shrine of Oryx mission. Sardok.

Nah, leave it for like 5-10 mins. I'm just doing it when I remember while I do other things.

Shrine of Oryx. The very last checkpoint. Kill Sardok (the big Knight) and leave before destroying the shrine. You'll start again down the hall. Repeat whenever you like.

thankee

Saint9806

A good day for this Guardian... I was Light Level 299. Did the Mayhem daily, got a 296 Rocket launcher for the match which upped me from 299 to finally getting to 300 Light Level. Then I went to my vault, took out the only exotic primary I got to drop so far. I was saving it for when I hit 300 for the chance at 310. Must be my lucky day because I got the 310 Suros Regime. Put me almost at 301 Light Level now.

MrDaravon

How far does your memory go back?

Assassin's Creed Unity, Halo Master Chief Collection, Battlefield 4, and Drive Club were busted for weeks on end. And not just "Oh this one ability might crash the game 1 out of 200 times" busted but like "I cannot play this game" busted.

Fair enough, what I meant and should have clarified was primarily balance issues, specifically with multiplayer. Those games (to various extents) where just completely outright broken on a fundamental level lol. Say what you will about Destiny, it boots and works 99.99999% of the time :p. I'm talking about things like quests being obviously stupid, everyone says they're stupid, Bungie finally acknowledges this weeks later, with a fix coming weeks later. They hate the comparison, but this is more akin to MMO quest-style stuff where you don't typically see things obviously broken or flawed like that for this long.

So, get three characters to the checkpoint, play on one till you get an engram and then switch, surely at least 10 minutes have passed by the time char #3 gets an engram.

Wow, I had no idea this works.

Because I lose the checkpoint after every kill for some reason. I tried it during the Draksis craze and couldn't keep the checkpoint no matter what.

It works, but you have to go to orbit immediately on killing the gate lord, the window to bail is pretty small.

Deku Tree

Wait. So you just keep popping coins till you get something then take a breather?

Why isn't this the OT title!

It seems to be not well known and some people don't trust it.
But people I know who tried it say it works and you get about one exotic per five 3oC.

I don't farm 3oC anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom