• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, Nooblet, Kyoufu and Ocean are running HM as soon as it's available and are in need of two more, so feel free to join.

I'll join you. I have a 308 Warlock ready to go and I'll be on right at reset. If you haven't filled up your slots go ahead and add me. My PSN is Hoffelcopter. Send me a PM if so let me know so I'll make sure to be on at reset. If not I'm going to do some other things at release. This thread moves way too fast for me sometimes. Haha. PMs are easier.

You didn't happen to notice which of the 4 perks he had in the variable slot on his Yasmin? Or which barrel he was using? That sniper has stupid aim assist, I'm really curious how much of a boost you could get from Hot Swap.

I finally got my first Yasmin to drop this week but it had the garbage perk Perfectionist. Firefly would be decent in PvE and Life Support could be pretty nice, but Hot Swap really intrigues me on a sniper. I have no idea how strong the accuracy buff is but especially for a Blade Dancer w Quick Draw it could be amazing.

Related: I got matched against YourDemize (5th most kills on PSN) in Skirmish earlier this week and his entire fire team was using Yasmin. I managed to just barely get the best of him (11-10 k/d vs 10-11 for him) but got super rekt by his teammates who were also MLG pros.

I have hot swap on my 1000 yard stare, and I feel like the boost is real. That said, it could be that I'm trying to beat the 5 second timer and just let go hoping for the best. The timer forces me to make sweeping shots that I'd normally wait on and fight the magnetism, most likely resulting in a miss.

Deku Tree

So you get 80% of the power difference and a minnimum of 6 power growth by infusing into a legendary. and you get 70% of the power difference and a min of 4 growth by infusing into an exotic. The infusion source doesn't matter. And The rounding up or down to the nearest integer rules seem to be strange. Those are all the rules. Some calculator guy on Reddit got info from Bungie.

E92 M3

So you get 80% of the power difference and a minnimum of 6 power growth by infusing into a legendary. and you get 70% of the power difference and a min of 4 growth by infusing into an exotic. The infusion source doesn't matter. And The rounding up or down to the nearest integer rules seem to be strange. Those are all the rules. Some calculator guy on Reddit got info from Bungie.

I hate the infusion system in its current form. Needs refinement for continued used.

Hmmm rubenov mentioned he was thinking about using that sniper for trials. If its aim assist is really THAT high maybe people will defer to using it even if it cant revive snipe.

I'm a terrible sniper but Yasmin is easily the best I've tried in PvP. I haven't even touched the perks on either of mine and it just doesn't matter. The AA is crazy. Trials will be a Yasmin festival.

It's a really bizarre sniper because it has barrels (e.g. Linear Compensator) instead of scopes. The base aim assist is super high (69) but it feels like even more than that. Even the planet destiny database can't seem to account for how the barrels affect the base stats. Usually they show the potential stat range for each weapon, like 1000 YS has 59 base but can go as high as 74 due to AA-scopes like Shortgaze. That area is blank for Yasmin...

I really need to find an updated table for how all the barrels and scopes affect weapon stats in Year 2....

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018429009609/2305843009220964805

He doesn't have it equipped right now, but you can check perks on the Bungie site

Ooh smart thinking. Can you check perks for unequipped guns if I'm on mobile? I can't seem to see anything else except his current load out.

HMD

Destiny 2 reveal at PSX might be a possibility, I was looking at the PSX 2015 thread in gaming and Bungie is listed to appear at the event... uh I don't think they're showing any DLC's, this might be the big reveal :)

todd360

Destiny 2 reveal at PSX might be a possibility, I was looking at the PSX 2015 thread in gaming and Bungie is listed to appear at the event... uh I don't think they're showing any DLC's, this might be the big reveal :)

It still feels so hard to believe. Not sure if I even want to believe. I want destiny 2 to stay in the oven until its cooked properly and you can see the juicy light start to escape.

Good roll, trash gun. I'm sorry. I wanted to believe, too.

The saddest part is that Ace of Spades is the best Year 2 HC... but it's literally just a solid Year 1 Legendary HC. Feels like my old Red Hand except precision hits refill the magazine from reserve (oh boy). It stand out simply by not feeling crappy to use.

I spent all my cores and dismantled what I bought for parts. Still have a stack of 70+ elight. Luke Smith said numerous times that he wanted to give us an elight exchange. So I'm keeping mine. Don't need the space yet.

I pick up Variks weekly package 3x too. So I get about 1 new elight per week.

I want his ammo synth but not the planetary materials which are already overtaking my vault. I laughed out loud today when I found an ELight in my post master after briefly visiting The Reef: Ghost Town Edition.

That expansion is like it never happened. The reef, PoE, Variks, rerolling, all that was ignored in TTK.

BTW I sent you a pm

Yeah I need to update it but stuck on mobile for a bit longer and I reeeaally hate messing with the OP on mobile. Should be able to fix it up soon. Thanks dude!

RLw7me2.png

GhaleonEB

Way too early for that - that'll be more like E3 next year. I think we'll get a look at what's coming before then, however.

E92 M3

Reposting because now I have other perks that would be cool.

Exotic machine gun:

Thesis Explained
The King asked him to explain, but the Jester interfered

- Slow firing, high impact
- 200 bullets per clip
- exotic perk: Every 25 bullets fired the gun changes elements
- Persistence
- Crowd Control
- Choice of (Braced frame, Quick Draw or Snap Shot)

Next I'll work on an illustration and submit this exotic to Bungie via carrier pigeon or USPS.

Quest chain to obtain:

Step 1. Talk to Gunsmith and he reveals the origin of an ancient core
Step 2. Visit the Shrine of Oryx to kill Sardok and gain the encryption key for the Dreadnaught
Step 3. Wait a week (troll)
Step 4. Gunsmith decrypts key and states that the Warpriest must be vanquished with the last 25% of his health being drained by an LMG
Step 5. Warpriest Drops the "Essence of Knowledge"
Step 6. Take "Essence of Knowledge" to Gunsmith
Step 7. Wait a week
Step 8. Gunsmith tells you that the Burning Shrine contains the last piece to the "power"
Step 9. 9-0 Baby
Step 10. Thesis Explained is yours

HMD

It still feels so hard to believe. Not sure if I even want to believe. I want destiny 2 to stay in the oven until its cooked properly and you can see the juicy light start to escape.

A late 2016 release would make the most sense atm, waiting till 2017 wouldn't sit well with Activision, but early 2017 is probably the most realistic date.

Hard Raid on King's Fall tomorrow night starting at 7:15-7:30 PM CST. Got a full crew, and we're eager to commit some good ole' fashion regicide. If anyone who is signed up can't make it, please let me know so I can find a replacement.

1. VincentAlexander
2. deafmedal1
3. F0X-AIV3E
4. Thiron213
5. radiohead1
6.Xplicitone

Hey fewww I caught this in time. I can't make it for this raid :(

I have hot swap on my 1000 yard stare, and I feel like the boost is real. That said, it could be that I'm trying to beat the 5 second timer and just let go hoping for the best. The timer forces me to make sweeping shots that I'd normally wait on and fight the magnetism, most likely resulting in a miss.

Hmm interesting. I've gotten 3 1kYS drops in addition to the quest reward but nothing too exciting. There are so many garbage perks diluting the pool. I want a Hot Swapped Yasmin so bad.
This thread would be very confusing out of context.

And yeah, I never ever try to line up a shot or wait for the reticle to be positioned before firing. You just want to get in the habit of ADS'ing at head-level then making quick, small sweeps in the direction of their head. Aim assist will give you a bigger timing window for when your shot will count as a hit. More AA means more magnetism so your reticle slows more and gives you more time to fire a kill shot.

When watching my saved videos in slow-mo, there are plenty of times that the reticle was clearly not on his head as I fired but it still gave me the kill. It's stupid.

Zocano

Repost cause recruiting:

Okay for real tho:

HM tomorrow at 1PM (Make that 1:30) CST We get it done in <6 hours; Must have at least 300 Light, pref at least 305

1) Zocano
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Triz

Just want to give a shoutout to all of Destiny GAF. I never did a raid in vanilla Destiny. I've cleared the taken king raid multiple times due to the community here. Stuck on a quest today for touch of malice, post here and I had help almost immediately. You make this game better if you don't realize that. Thank You!

Looking to do a fresh KF run that is mix of first timers and experienced players. I've run it a few times but this will be my friend's first. Hoping to start at 9:30 EST. Copy your psn name below and post. I will then invite everyone at the start.

KF fresh run (noob friendly)
1.Gutterboy44
2.Gutterboy44 friend

Bold One

Just want to give a shoutout to all of Destiny GAF. I never did a raid in vanilla Destiny. I've cleared the taken king raid multiple times due to the community here. Stuck on a quest today for touch of malice, post here and I had help almost immediately. You make this game better if you don't realize that. Thank You!

MqK0wcM.gif

DGAF,
I know there's been quite a bit of hoopla about the tools Bungie have to work with

but is there a good chance we might see 60fps and better FOV once the last gen consoles are dropped for Destiny 2?

border

Looking to do a fresh KF run that is mix of first timers and experienced players. I've run it a few times but this will be my friend's first. Hoping to start at 9:30 EST. Copy your psn name below and post. I will then invite everyone at the start.

KF fresh run (noob friendly)
1.Gutterboy44
2.Gutterboy44 friend
3. Border199x
I will go. I have a 302 Hunter and have run it a couple times, but not too much experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom