• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Looking for 4 to do a fresh KF raid. Should be an under 2 hour experience.

PSN: Rarbusto

edit: we'll join you Verano if you have room for 2

VOID MANTLE GET!

Based Fig and Colonel luck.

rejoice.png

Telesto next

Destiny 2 is expected for Fall 2016 right? E3 would be way too late.

Ehh that would be good timing. That would be a couple months for marketing and stuff. I think if they said anything sooner they could risk some backlash given how recently TTK came out. The place they would probably reveal it if they were to do it beforehand would be at the Dorito Pope awards or maybe PSX if Sony keeps the money coming. E3 seems safer to me at least.

E92 M3

(1) If you really wanted to flesh out the idea you should check out the Machine Gun database (http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/heavy/machinegun?desc=1&sort=impact) so you can quanity the stats. Exactly which RoF-Impact tier do you mean?

Keep in mind that the highest impact archetype (59 RoF, 61 Impact) of Jolder's Hammer and Against All Odds has been totally phased out in TTK. It only exists on two Rare MGs which can't be infused and most people would never bother using. The 66-53 tier of Ruin Wake is the new top dog. Do you want part of this gun's exotic appeal to be the return of the 59-61 tier? Or should that archetype stay gone? How do you balance for stability, range etc? Which barrels should be available?

(2) A 200 mag is gonna be a tough sell for obvious PvP balancing issues, although you could presumably limit how much ammo dropped from Crucible heavy. The biggest issue is that high Impact MGs are primarily balanced via slow RoF and small magazine size. Jolder's and Against had 26 (Field Scout no longer boosts it), the PoE MG Wolve's Bane had 23. Next tier down has been all over the place, Trials MG with 31 to BTRD with 46.

Something like 200 is probably too much of an outlier even for an exotic. Would a heavy synth actually fill it up? That would be a pretty extreme amount of damage per synth relative to any other MG.

(3) I mean... people hate relatively tame PvP exotic quest requirements like Thorn void kills and even 7 Imprecation precision kills in one game. Trials is already so sweaty, people would riot if an OP MG was locked behind a flawless passage. Personally I'm totally fine if some exotics are prohibitively hard to get and not everyone can have everything.

But it doesn't seem like Bungie is willing to go there which is understandable. Maybe a compromise where either a flawless passage or ~25 total Trials wins would complete the step. Skilled players could expedite the process and get the gun first but average players could still grind it out eventually.

Anyway, some food for thought. You have a great idea and it's fun to consider the challenges their designers face when developing new exotics. How to make something with a unique function, a unique feel and appearance without overpowering the game's balance or underwhelming players. They've played it too safe since Dark Below but the swords, the Spindle and the Sleeper are steps in the right direction.

I would like this gun to be an outlier of sorts - the special perk would not break PVP, but make PVE a lot more exciting! In terms of ammo, it would also be limited for PVP, but in PVE a synth would fully max it out.

Now, since I publicly state that Against All Odds is my favorite LMG, I would like that impact level to be restored for Thesis Explained. And 25 trials wins would work as well. We all hate crucible requirements because it can complicate things for some folks, but this gun will be very strong and designed for the core players of Destiny.

I want it to have the essence of being OP, but not enough to push it into Gjallarhorn territory.

Afrocious

Final Countdown Boyz

To everyone: hit me up if you want to do anything. Gonna use these 3oCs and watch fullmetal alchemist.

PSN Afrodeeziyak

SoulClap

I used it less than a week ago so I don't think it was patched unless it was very recent. I've had issues like that happen before though. Personally I set my date back one day although I doubt that matters. If you aren't seeing resource nodes in a zone, be sure to pick up a few material chests in side rooms/caves or wherever. In my experience that would trigger the nodes to start spawning.

I farmed relic iron in Buried City but there weren't any nodes initially until I grabbed 2-3 chests. Then I noticed a couple relic iron nodes, grabbed them, did a loop through the area and saw two more. I was able to zone in/out at the Hollows and all 4 nodes were still there. I made a circle loop for those same 4 nodes on every pass which made it really easy.

Let me know if you still don't get any to spawn, it's always possible they've stealth nerfed exploits like that (like they did a while back with checkpoint sharing over the weekly reset).

I had no idea looting chests would cause the nodes to spawn. Just tried it out on a private patrol and all is well. Crisis averted.

Finally got touch of malice!

And then we found out it takes Hadium Flakes and nearly died again haha.

Fully levelled up now (had to borrow from my 50 Hadium Flakes fund for my 2 alts' swords). Hopefully it'll be useful for hard mode tomorrow or damn

matmanx1

ToM get! I've actually had all of the fragments I needed since last week but has run into a severe weapon parts shortage and it took me until today to get the 50 I needed for the gun frame.

I had a hunter friend of mine help out on Fear's Embrace and we knocked it out with little difficulty (Titan bubble is a huge help on that fight).

ToM itself is more fun to shoot than I thought it would be. I hate how it looks in the model viewer but actually looking down the sights and firing it is pretty cool. I also like how the clot of darkness in the middle pulses when it steals your health to create the double damage bullets. I'll hold off judgement on whether or not it was worth the pain of collecting 45 calcified fragments until I have used the gun more but I will see I am glad to see a very unique gun and look forward to using it.

matmanx1

Fully levelled up now (had to borrow from my 50 Hadium Flakes fund for my 2 alts' swords). Hopefully it'll be useful for hard mode tomorrow or damn

Haha congrats. I literally posted almost exactly the same thing. And I have 50 extra flakes to level the gun but no weapon parts to speak of. =( Oh well, maybe by this weekend.

KanameYuuki

Yeah lol, I had the same reaction, I had already done all 3 exotic sword quest and I was glad Hadium farming was finally over then then I noticed that.

BraXzy

Guys when does hard mode go live? How many hours away? I'm busy tomorrow night (typical damnit) and I wanna get up early and dive in but knowing my luck it won't be up QQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom