• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Reposting for new page. Players wanted for Normal King's Fall!

Looking to do a fresh KF run that is mix of first timers and experienced players. I've run it a few times but this will be my friend's first. Hoping to start at 9:30 EST. Copy your psn name below and post. I will then invite everyone at the start.

KF fresh run (noob friendly)
1.Gutterboy44
2.Gutterboy44 friend
3. border199x

Lnkn52

Oso2ZwL.png

Poor guy

Zocano

My group needs two more what's your light level?

307 (might be 308, would have to play with what I've got equipped and might get a 310 helmet later today anyway)

I am pretty particular about the time because I've got class until 1pm CST and have a 20 min drive afterwards + plans in the evening. I don't see it taking longer than 6 hours though

Repost cause halp:

HM tomorrow at 1PM (Make that 1:30) CST We get it done in <6 hours; Must have at least 300 Light, pref at least 305

1) Zocano
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

___

wait wuh I never remember agreeing to a time

Oh yea there wasn't a time you just asked who wanted to run it, but im down.

I'm going to be watching twitch for hard mode, while I play assassins creed syndicate!

if any GAFers are gonna be streaming hard mode please post your twitch streams though, will mostly be watching goth and broman

Really glad to hear they are revisiting the crucible PVP questlines, I haven't done most of them since I always play solo and of course that means I don't win very much. I wonder if that means they will revisit imprecation too, since for me getting 7 precision kills with a white hand cannon in a single game is virtually impossible. Its not a weapon I would ever use so I don't care either way though.

(1) Slow firing, high impact

(2) 200 bullets per clip

(3) Step 9. 9-0 Baby

(1) If you really wanted to flesh out the idea you should check out the Machine Gun database (http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/heavy/machinegun?desc=1&sort=impact) so you can quanity the stats. Exactly which RoF-Impact tier do you mean?

Keep in mind that the highest impact archetype (59 RoF, 61 Impact) of Jolder's Hammer and Against All Odds has been totally phased out in TTK. It only exists on two Rare MGs which can't be infused and most people would never bother using. The 66-53 tier of Ruin Wake is the new top dog. Do you want part of this gun's exotic appeal to be the return of the 59-61 tier? Or should that archetype stay gone? How do you balance for stability, range etc? Which barrels should be available?

(2) A 200 mag is gonna be a tough sell for obvious PvP balancing issues, although you could presumably limit how much ammo dropped from Crucible heavy. The biggest issue is that high Impact MGs are primarily balanced via slow RoF and small magazine size. Jolder's and Against had 26 (Field Scout no longer boosts it), the PoE MG Wolve's Bane had 23. Next tier down has been all over the place, Trials MG with 31 to BTRD with 46.

Something like 200 is probably too much of an outlier even for an exotic. Would a heavy synth actually fill it up? That would be a pretty extreme amount of damage per synth relative to any other MG.

(3) I mean... people hate relatively tame PvP exotic quest requirements like Thorn void kills and even 7 Imprecation precision kills in one game. Trials is already so sweaty, people would riot if an OP MG was locked behind a flawless passage. Personally I'm totally fine if some exotics are prohibitively hard to get and not everyone can have everything.

But it doesn't seem like Bungie is willing to go there which is understandable. Maybe a compromise where either a flawless passage or ~25 total Trials wins would complete the step. Skilled players could expedite the process and get the gun first but average players could still grind it out eventually.

Anyway, some food for thought. You have a great idea and it's fun to consider the challenges their designers face when developing new exotics. How to make something with a unique function, a unique feel and appearance without overpowering the game's balance or underwhelming players. They've played it too safe since Dark Below but the swords, the Spindle and the Sleeper are steps in the right direction.

Zocano

8-10 coins per exotic engram is actually good. It shouldn't be much lower than that otherwise it would be too easy to get anything and everything (not that it already isn't).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any one of you want to bring a Nighstalker to tether that tramp? Or should we just shoot her ass to death repeatedly? Can you use 3 of coins on her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom