• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if you can still glitch into the area where the ultra is on the paradox to get the cult ghost or do I have to wait for the mission to be the daily again?

According to Driz it's a god roll. I know nothing about perks. I just shoot and kill things.

People can check all potential Grasp of Malok perk rolls here if they want:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/4068577415

-Counter Balance is the #1 most important TTK pulse rifle perk imo, outside of high stability. Headseeker is the only other option here but CB is way more important.

-Braced Frame is best for middle tree, no question. Big stability boost and mag size isn't that crucial. Don't want to sacrifice range with Hand Laid. Besides you also have Perfect Balance if you want options.

-Final perk slot depends on playstyle preference. Some might prefer Glass Half Full but 3rd Eye is excellent. It gives you Knucklehead Radar exotic helmet for free. Besides I'm a compulsive reloader so I never liked GHF much.

In case you're wondering, the odds of rolling all three of those perks on a Grasp drop are 1 in 792. Not to mention the odds of just getting a Grasp drop. I can't even...

Deku Tree

People can check all potential Grasp of Malok perk rolls here if they want:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/4068577415

-Counter Balance is the #1 most important TTK pulse rifle perk imo, outside of high stability. Headseeker is the only other option here but CB is way more important.

-Braced Frame is best for middle tree, no question. Big stability boost and mag size isn't that crucial. Don't want to sacrifice range with Hand Laid. Besides you also have Perfect Balance if you want options.

-Final perk slot depends on playstyle preference. Some might prefer Glass Half Full but 3rd Eye is excellent. It gives you Knucklehead Radar exotic helmet for free. Besides I'm a compulsive reloader so I never liked GHF much.

In case you're wondering, the odds of rolling all three of those perks on a Grasp drop are 1 in 792. Not to mention the odds of just getting a Grasp drop. I can't even...

If you include perfect balance the odds are 1 in 3960.

If you include perfect balance the odds are 1 in 3960.

Haha yeah I don't know what sights she got on that roll but it won't matter that much with those other perks. I'd like to farm one (with any perks) just to get a feel for it but I know it'll turn into perpetual disappointment.

And yeah Xur should sell an armor engram, most likely helmet, which will be good for last minute Hard mode infusion fuel. Honestly there's no reason for anyone with a decent strange coin stash to not have a 310 helmet going into HM KF.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
So I hit 300 tonight with my hunter and titan. First two exotic engrams I turned in yielded a 310 Sealed Ahamkara and a 310 Ruin Wings! Score!

Makes up for the disappointment in my team being unable to farm omnigul. Couldn't manage to get her health down and keep her tethered to the bottom. She kept dragging out of the tether.

Ozone

CR-VUq4UwAQTIXC
I'm ready.

Mindlog

Raid drops have not been kind.
I managed to infuse my raid sniper with firefly from ~302 to 308, but that's it for the past few clears. I haven't received an infusable primary in quite a few raids despite having more than 20 shards every time. Tempted to get my second Touch of Malice just to have a primary closer to 310 for hard mode. Not sure if a few % points will be worth it though.

At least the shade gave me an exotic helmet engram. Will wait to see if my Warlock crosses the 310 barrier to decode them.
Here's where I really wish we had a better grasp of aim assist and whatnot.
On paper (gif) Hand Laid does an amazing job tightening up PR grouping. It's one of the few very obvious perks when you test it against a wall at distance. However, I'm not sure how valid that tight grouping is when CB/BR can use the AA fudge factor to count its larger grouping as all headshots.

I'm happy that my Hunter will always be wearing the Exotic New Monarchy cloak and I never like Oversoul Edict otherwise I'd be tempted to farm.
That Malok roll is crazy good.

I got my first primary exotic engram

What is it boys?

280 Last Word?

Good news is it has to be at least 290 or 310 if you're lucky (and above 300 Light). If you're gonna do HM KF this weekend and you're not in a rush to decrypt might want to save it until we confirm whether or not people start decrypting higher light exotics once they're over 310 light.

GorillaJu

Good news is it has to be at least 290 or 310 if you're lucky (and above 300 Light). If you're gonna do HM KF this weekend and you're not in a rush to decrypt might want to save it until we confirm whether or not people start decrypting higher light exotics once they're over 310 light.

I shall save it. I'm in no rush. At 302 right now. Really want legendary weaps more than exotic at this point because of the 1-exotic only deal.

lt519

Raid drops have not been kind.
I managed to infuse my raid sniper with firefly from ~302 to 308, but that's it for the past few clears. I haven't received an infusable primary in quite a few raids despite having more than 20 shards every time. Tempted to get my second Touch of Malice just to have a primary closer to 310 for hard mode. Not sure if a few % points will be worth it though.

That was a pretty disappointing raid for everyone. I landed a second 310 Kingslayer Shell but everything else was infusion fodder in the low 300s which doesn't help my characters in the 305+ range.

Looking forward to Hard Mode with you tomorrow night, it'll be a good run, hopefully we'll get some good loot. It is officially at the point where NM is getting stale and the loot isn't even worth it even though I don't have a single helmet, machine gun, or hand cannon.

Haha yeah I don't know what sights she got on that roll but it won't matter that much with those other perks. I'd like to farm one (with any perks) just to get a feel for it but I know it'll turn into perpetual disappointment.

And yeah Xur should sell an armor engram, most likely helmet, which will be good for last minute Hard mode infusion fuel. Honestly there's no reason for anyone with a decent strange coin stash to not have a 310 helmet going into HM KF.

My last 5-6 exotics decrypted all 290! I need any 310 helm to Infuse to my 305 Graviton so I'm hoping for helm engrams. I think that should put it to 310.

Hard mode has nothing on barrel rolls

Edit nevermind. It'll put it at 309. Hnggg

307 to 309 in one night. Hype has intensified.

oXBhsJg.jpg

That's what I'm talking about. Beautiful. Just gotta get Breezy up there then one more little light for Nami and we'll all be 309...

F I N A L C O U N T D O W N B O Y Z

Here's where I really wish we had a better grasp of aim assist and whatnot.
On paper (gif) Hand Laid does an amazing job tightening up PR grouping. It's one of the few very obvious perks when you test it against a wall at distance. However, I'm not sure how valid that tight grouping is when CB/BR can use the AA fudge factor to count it's larger grouping as all headshots..

Hmm yeah that's a good point. There are a ton of problems with hiding so much information from players. It's less interesting as players to be forced into making less informed decisions.

That's interesting about Hand Laid although I don't know if or how much that varies between pulse rifles, RoF tiers, etc. My Lyudmila has CB and HLS and I wall-shot tested the recoil pattern before and after unlocking both of those perks. CB gave it that very clear straight vertical pattern as expected but HLS just tightened the vertical grouping in the standard way I would've expected for any stability increase.

I don't have a good CB+BFrame pulse to use for comparison but I'm not sure how much different it could be if the BF and HLS stability increases are the same (afaik). I definitely notice that my CB+HLS gives more crit shots than you might expect due to AA and tight grouping, like you said.

I don't know if this is true for Grasp, but the other catch with HLS on Lyudmila is it actually decreases reload instead of range for some glitched reason. We know more range gives more AA so this could be important for comparing HLS to BF in actual practice even if the recoil patterns were different against a wall. Now I really want a Grasp with HLS to see whether or not it drops the range...

Bogeypop

Anyone want to do some Heroic Strikes with ToCs? Trying to get an extra Light Level or two with (hopefully) 310 Exotic Infusion Fodder drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom