• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truant

What time are we starting, guys? I should be off work in about four-five hours, maybe earlier. If you want to run sooner I'll give up my spot, no problem :)

Total newbie to destiny.
Lvl 10.
Going through OG story stuff.
Anyone running low lvls wanna team up let me know.
Still not 100% on all this games systems

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the KF run.

Warpriest drops:

CR-lIcrUAAAJlsh.jpg

Daughters:

CR-_EQsUEAA-kp8.jpg

Oryx, after taking 20 moldering shards:

CR_DUYxUsAAYkv8.jpg

That was...an arduous run, especially daughters. All in all I got a 300 chest piece and at 310 sniper rifle as my only gear on the whole run. I infused the rifle into my 1000 Yard Stare to get it up to 306, as its stats and perks were better across the board. The 300 armor is actually better than my current so I'll hang onto it, though I prefer the perks on the armor I have.

I got more and better loot from my first raid run, without all the shards on hand, but this did nudge me up a couple light levels. Gonna go back to working on my Titan for a while, though. Tension was running a bit high at the end there.

Total newbie to destiny.
Lvl 10.
Going through OG story stuff.
Anyone running low lvls wanna team up let me know.
Still not 100% on all this games systems

Happy to run anything you need help with, I'm Ghaleon_EB on PSN (tomorrow, crashing tonight).

Thanks for the KF run.

Warpriest drops:

CR-lIcrUAAAJlsh.jpg

Daughters:

CR-_EQsUEAA-kp8.jpg

Oryx, after taking 20 moldering shards:

CR_DUYxUsAAYkv8.jpg

That was...an arduous run, especially daughters. All in all I got a 300 chest piece and at 310 sniper rifle as my only gear on the whole run. I infused the rifle into my 1000 Yard Stare to get it up to 306, as its stats and perks were better across the board. The 300 armor is actually better than my current so I'll hang onto it, though I prefer the perks on the armor I have.

I got more and better loot from my first raid run, without all the shards on hand, but this did nudge me up a couple light levels. Gonna go back to working on my Titan for a while, though. Tension was running a bit high at the end there.

Happy to run anything you need help with, I'm Ghaleon_EB on PSN (tomorrow, crashing tonight).

I personally would of kept the raid sniper if it had hot swap as it is amazing in PVP for aim assist on headshots.

I have a 300 one and will probably take it up to 310. Spear wrecks in PVE though.

GhaleonEB

I personally would of kept the raid sniper if it had hot swap as it is amazing in PVP for aim assist on headshots.

I have a 300 one and will probably take it up to 310. Spear wrecks in PVE though.

I don't play PvP, and really like my 1000 Yard Stare, and since they were both void I kept that one. I suppose I could have passed it on to my Titan, but I'm trying to get my Hunter to 300.

Acidote

Everyone ready for the weekly disxurppointment?

Nope, he's gonna have a helmet engram. Lots of 310 helmets for everyone. Although I might wait after I do the HM raid. Maybe I'll get to 310 there and 320 light helmets from engrams get in the pool of possible decrypts.

Coins

Banned
I don't play PvP, and really like my 1000 Yard Stare, and since they were both void I kept that one. I suppose I could have passed it on to my Titan, but I'm trying to get my Hunter to 300.

Grats on the loot! I thought we both did well since we are green!

I would kill the pope right now if it meant i could leave early and go back on destiny..

All i need is some exotic chest, boots and special engrams so i can 310 everything :)

STOP GIVING ME GLOVES BUNGIE! I've so many 310 gloves it's a fucking joke, since 3oC appeared everything bar 1 chest and 1 special has been gloves, and i have had a fair few drops..
My hunter titan and lock have multiple 310 gloves in exotics and 1 each in legendary.

Side note, hey deej could we please have a vanity slot (see terraria on how too implement it) and my space cat, where is it?

Edit:
We have one more to spot for a fresh raid. Anyone wanna join?
If i was not at work i would be all over this :( need one more run for my kids character.

Nuszka

Morning gaf. Have to say, reading here and seeing other people raid drops i feel actually quite lucky. Most of my group skipped the raid this tuesday as we would not benefit much in any way. My titan is 309, lock 308, hunter i could get to 308 as well but will wait to see what i will get from hm raid. No point in wasting marks now.
This is what it came to, booked the evening off from work just to be able to raid. Wife said that this is beyond ridiculous...Lets leave it at that.

Morning gaf. Have to say, reading here and seeing other people raid drops i feel actually quite lucky. Most of my group skipped the raid this tuesday as we would not benefit much in any way. My titan is 309, lock 308, hunter i could get to 308 as well but will wait to see what i will get from hm raid. No point in wasting marks now.
This is what it came to, booked the evening off from work just to be able to raid. Wife said that this is beyond ridiculous...Lets leave it at that.
The other half never understands, unless they are a gamer.
I'm blessed in that case :) but prior relationships.. Not so well.

Jinjo

I don't have to buy a 3oC pack for a while.

Well, all 3 nightfalls cleared and getting a heavy weapon > 296 still eludes me.

Left side is so close!

tiF35Iz.png

Same here man, best I can do without going for an exotic is a 294 ruin wake or one of the swords. Got a 310 Truth though, which is nice.

Aaargh long distance family have invited themselves around at you guessed it 6pm am desperately trying to avert disaster

On HM I wonder if they'll change the no revives considering how on Totems ( for e.g.) one death early on would be an insta wipe

Ji66a-Man

Do you remember that feeling back in vanilla Destiny when legendary engrams turned into rare garbage? I have that same feeling now when my 300+ light character decrypts exotic engrams into 290 trash.

Zocano

Defiance of Yasmin is kinda cool but honestly it's just best to run 1000-Yard Stare. If you're running a legendary sniper for PvE, there's 0 reason to use a not-max impact sniper.

GorillaJu

People have found that the Flayer Mantles have seemingly been dropping alot more doing the Nightfall version of the strike.

So maybe?

Yeah, that's where I'm at now. It seems like NF does increase the drop rate quite a bit, but what about just regular heroic?

Can't decide if it's worth it to join in/jump out of heroics until I find Echo Chamber to farm for Imago Loop, or just do the lvl 36 strike version much more quickly.

Yeah, that's where I'm at now. It seems like NF does increase the drop rate quite a bit, but what about just regular heroic?

Can't decide if it's worth it to join in/jump out of heroics until I find Echo Chamber to farm for Imago Loop, or just do the lvl 36 strike version much more quickly.

Might be better to just do the normal strike version, as I did Echo Chamber about...3-4 times and got nothing worthwhile from it. If the heroic version offers a drop increase, it's not really a drastic one.

It might also have to do with the fact you get a Vanguard Streak if you keep doing the Dust Palace Nightfall for some reason.

Amazing coding.

Zocano

Also if people didn't notice, all the raid gear names are almost assuredly different Worlds/Species/Civilizations that Oryx erradicated

BahamutPT

EXOTIC GEAR

Empyrean Bellicose
Helmet

Mask of the Third Man
Helmet

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Helmet

Exotic Engram
Body Armor Engram

Legacy Engram
Heavy Weapon Engram