• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

So if the Skull exists in the game as a Y2 version but is not listed in the exotic blueprint menu, does that mean other Y2 exotics without blueprints can come out of the engrams or is the Skull special for now?

Think its 3/4 chance of it being for the class that pops it.

I'd say higher than that personally, maybe like 85%.

This goes with ALL engrams not just exotic.

So if the Skull exists in the game as a Y2 version but is not listed in the exotic blueprint menu, does that mean other Y2 exotics without blueprints can come out of the engrams or is the Skull special for now?

Bwaahorn 2 could be real :D

My guess is they're gonna trickle stuff out with Xur to keep him relevant

... and force you to infuse them 40 light levels if you wanna use them

deoee

Good morning.

Xur failing again?
:( I wonder when he will sell some weapon engrams
zWVbK.gif

FiraB

Banned
wow bungie forcing me into vault of glass for a quest, thanks bungie just the thing I want to do in order to get a 290 exotic...bastards.

Zocano

Just gonna have to be 308 for Hard Mode, oh well.

Was hoping for either helm or arm engram for 310 gallooo but oh well.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got a couple more flayer cloaks last night in Nightfall. Just need Void for the set.

Helped a fellow gaffer get Touch of Malice. We stayed on Fears Embrace and killed the Oryx echo after about 10 tries and he dropped Nighthawk for me but only 290.

So the Skull helm is new for year 2. I dont remember seeing it in my year 2 kiosk. Might buy some chests see if I can get any 310 but as usual more 3oC.

Theorry

Why are those others exotics like Shinobi Vow etc still locked away?
I know some people got that new titan chest and some people that Hunter chest. But overall the droprate is really really low. I know its a simple thing to say. But didnt we pay for those exotics with the expansion. Bit unfair to keep them locked for some reason.

Klyka

Banned
So how are people getting this bow down emote, it's too good!

You should have gotten 400 silver for free.
So go to the Tower to Tess Everiss, she is on the left in the little hut when you warp into the tower.
There you can buy emotes to equip.

Zocano

Why are those others exotics like Shinobi Vow etc still locked away?
I know some people got that new titan chest and some people that Hunter chest. But overall the droprate is really really low. I know its a simple thing to say. But didnt we pay for those exotics with the expansion. Bit unfair to keep them locked for some reason.

1) Just because they're in the database doesn't mean they're in the game. That one exotic rocket launcher isn't in the game in any way apart from a .jpg

2) We don't know how or why Twilight Garrison is dropping (or not dropping) like it is. It could just be astronomically small or it could be a bug. Who knows.

3) I don't subscribe to the idea that we are entitled to "everything on the disc" or w/e that means. Especially because this is an online game and will always be an online game and when the servers go out, our destiny discs will literally just be paper weights because they won't do anything. At no point was a list of exotics gauranteed to you as a consumer when you purchased TTK, anyway. You bought a license to play the game-- if this was a strictly offline standard game, then sure, there's some ground to stand on, but that isn't the case.

Azerare

You should have gotten 400 silver for free.
So go to the Tower to Tess Everiss, she is on the left in the little hut when you warp into the tower.
There you can buy emotes to equip.
I'm aware of that, but its a legendary emote I haven't seen for sale.

deafmedal

My laziness has prevented me from getting my Titan and Hunter to 308 and possibly 309 for all 3... haven't bothered to finish all the TTK quests on those two characters so they do not have artifacts at 310. And my highest level heavy is 303- hadn't bothered with the exotic swords till this past weekend but didn't bother to finish any of them till last night. I would have infused my Quaalude's Terminus higher but alas :p

Actually ended up infusing a 305 & 310 Hunter's cloak for my 'locks stoopid bangle to be able to hit 308 and was very close to stealing my Titan's boots (309) but decided against that as my Hunter still had another 305 cloak but my Titan only had the one pair of boots :(
Nothing but RNG could help on the ghost front, that's stuck at 305.

So I will take my *worthless* 'lock into HM this evening. Considered taking my Titan instead but my 'lock is my main and it would have felt dirty. I've always taken (heh) my 'lock first, no need to change that now :p

Thanks for all the extra grinding Bungie, we really didn't have enough already!

Theorry

1) Just because they're in the database doesn't mean they're in the game. That one exotic rocket launcher isn't in the game in any way apart from a .jpg

Then there are way to less new exotics for such a big expansion. TDB and HoW had more new exotics wich doesnt make sense imo. So i dont think they are just there in the database and we never get them. Maybe they want use not to have them all in one month of farming for them. But i think thats not really fair.

Zocano

Then there are way to less new exotics for such a big expansion. TDB and HoW had more new exotics wich doesnt make sense imo. So i dont think they are just there in the database and we never get them. Maybe they want use not to have them all in one month of farming for them. But i think thats not really fair.

We're entitled to X amount of exotics as much as we are entitled to a raid every expansion. That is to say, none at all. There's nothing fair or unfair about it.

Theorry

We're entitled to X amount of exotics as much as we are entitled to a raid every expansion. That is to say, none at all. There's nothing fair or unfair about it.

Thats why i also said its a "simple thing to say" i know.
But it doesnt feel very fair for some reason. Like Twilight Garrison. Maybe its indeed a bug etc. But its a chest you can get. But for some reason they are holding it back.

I just think it is weird to have these armor pieces in the Armory and database when they now have the technology supposedly to hide things from the databases. Why show it and then not have anything come of it?

Fully prepared as much as I can be for HM, best load out is Gunslinger with Nighthawk and solar chest armour for 307, can go to 306 with Nightstalker but will see whats in store for us

I'm guessing Totems will be 300, Warpriest 305 and Golgo 310 so will pray to RNGesus to bump me up for Sisters/Oyrx (315, 320)

JonCha

Absolutely. roughly every fifth 3oC will give you an exotic with a change to drop at 310 (if your LL is over 300)

Cool, thanks for replying. My Light level is 288 at the moment so would it be worth waiting to pop the Exotics, or maybe do some of them to increase my Light and leave some for 300+?

Also, where do people recommend farming in the Strikes? I'd do some 3oC runs with GAFers in about 10 minutes or if people are up for it. I have two spaces free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom