• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
200 silver well spent.

Totally worth it.

P9DTuQ6.gif

MilkBeard

Lucked out with Xur today. Got Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Heart of the Praxic Fire for my Warlock. The only Exotic armor left to collect is for boots.

noomi

Good Morning DGAF!

Bought some 3oC and heavy ammo, thanks Xur :D

Ready for hard mode, bring it!

*edit*

I didn't buy any chest engrams from Xur... has anyone had one decrypt to the twilight garrison or that new hunter chest piece?

Acidote

sorry i don't think it lets you join during the last transition, i beat it just now..

i can help you with it if you want, Regicide is my fav story mission..

Is Regicide the daily? I guess I'll do it today since I have to grab the calcified fragments.

Born2Live

DGAF I'm sending out the SOS signal. Need one for Oryx kill. We've got two first timers so would prefer someone with experience.

Join on Ty_84

You get a fast revive! And you get a fast revive! Everyone gets a fast revive!.

No revives in HM KF. The trolls are real.

I really wanted helms or gloves engrams. Damn!

GlamFM

Banned
Cool, thanks of replying. My Light level is 288 at the moment so would it be waiting to pop the Exotics, or maybe do some of them to increase my Light and leave some for 300+?

Also, where do people recommend farming in the Strikes? I'd do some 3oC runs with GAFers in about 10 minutes or if people are up for it. I have two spaces free.

Exotics will only drop at 290 for you ATM.

You should actually play the Raid now to get past the 300 mark.

JonCha

Exotics will only drop at 290 for you ATM.

You should actually play the Raid now to get past the 300 mark.

Yeah I want to but it's so hard to get a group, especially with Hard Mode coming out which means less people are going to be inclined to do normal.

deviant1

King's Fall Newbie Raid #1 complete! A great run, with a crazy finish. Everyone did awesome.

All in all, took a very similar amount of time to the first ever VoG run. I pinpointed some areas along the way that I can improve my guidance for next time. and in hindsight thought of some silly things I forgot to mention that could've made things easier. Thanks everyone for bearing with me with my cold as well as feeling the process out for the first time. :)

Oryx was rather generous to me in rewarding the endeavor. A 310 Monte Carlo (Monte Carlo #17, but my first 310 primary outside of ToM), a 307 Doom of Chelchis, and my first Elilum's Frenzy from shards. Finally can start doing some luxury infusions. :D

A really fun night and a fitting send-off for Destiny to take a backseat in my gaming diet for a while. Though I will be doing Newbie NF round 2 next Saturday afternoon, a spooooooky Halloween raiiiiid!

Thanks again, it was an incredible experience. I thought you did a great job explaining the mechanics and helping us get the chests and fragments along the way. I felt like there was way more to try to remember and coordinate for KF than the other raids. I walked away with some decent loot and finally got out of that 295 light rut I've been stuck in for weeks.

Exotic chest engram, eh Xur?

Gonna try and troll me out of my coins thinking you might have a Twilight Garrison?

Nah. Not gonna work. I know it's all Lupi.

Yeah I want to but it's so hard to get a group, especially with Hard Mode coming out which means less people are going to be inclined to do normal.
I'll be running a NM KF tomorrow (around 11:00 GMT) with a few others, if you want in just pop a friend request - Kung_Fu_Bill (PS4)

JonCha

I'll be running a NM KF tomorrow (around 11:00 GMT) with a few others, if you want in just pop a friend request - Kung_Fu_Bill (PS4)

Working unfortunately. Sod's law as I've been off for a couple of weeks and tomorrow is my first day back! Thanks for the offer though.

Deku Tree

Are you using an online calculator to predict it'll be 309? Because that hasn't been my experience. Yesterday my Graviton was 305 and a 310 Knucklehead got it to 310. I also had a 305 Legendary chest (not even raid gear) and a 310 Crest of Alpha got it to 310.

Of course there seems to be some RNG and I've been disappointed before when an infusion ended one light below what I expected. I always hold my breath during those infusions, haha.

Late reply but one of the online calculator programmers (http://mattaltepeter.com/destiny/) emailed some developers at Bungie and got an answer which they posted on Reddit. I posted it previously.

So you get 80% of the power difference and a minnimum of 6 power growth by infusing into a legendary. and you get 70% of the power difference and a min of 4 growth by infusing into an exotic. The infusion source doesn't matter. And The rounding up or down to the nearest integer rules seem to be strange. Those are all the rules. Some calculator guy on Reddit got info from Bungie.

Obviously also the min growth can't put you over the power of the infusion material. So the only thing unclear is the rules for rounding up or down decimals.

k1t4j

I haven't had the time to raid yet this week but I am home today, should I try and do a Normal KF today still or wait until Hard Mode?

If the raid loot table is like CE, the drops will be different and I am not sure if 308 will be enough to do anything.

What do you pros think?

Btw last night I noticed that running the heroic strikes is more rewarding than the normal 36 strike playlist.

In general I was seeing more blues drop overall and slightly more exotic and legendaries, by now most guardians are way over levelled and the fresh troops modifies is not so bad.

Late reply but one of the online calculator programmers (http://mattaltepeter.com/destiny/) emailed some developers at Bungie and got an answer which they posted on Reddit. I posted it previously.

Obviously also the min growth can't put you over the power of the infusion material. So the only thing unclear is the rules for rounding up or down decimals.

Exotic primary weapons are the worst offenders when it comes to infusion.

they can gain as little as 4 light from higher light items

tested a few today:

296 red death infused with 303 raid hc = 300 red death
292 ntte infused with 310 hawkmoon = 303 ntte
304 tlaloc infused with 310 zhallo = 308 tlaloc

my experience has been than exotics infused over 300 lose a lot more light

Namikaze1

Of all the exotics, this is the one I think is least likely to bring over.
It's gonna happen on the day Destiny 2 launches. Year 2 version will be available that day just you watch. everyone though will be on Destiny 2 hunting for all the year 3 stuff.

Bungie. You got me.

I planned on saving all of my precious 82 coins for something better.

But, I think I'm going to buy a chest or 2. I have a huge feeling exotics will NOT decrypt at 320 when 310+

Exotic primary weapons are the worst offenders when it comes to infusion.

they can gain as little as 4 light from higher light items

tested a few today:

296 red death infused with 303 raid hc = 300 red death
292 ntte infused with 310 hawkmoon = 303 ntte
304 tlaloc infused with 310 zhallo = 308 tlaloc

my experience has been than exotics infused over 300 lose a lot more light

It def appears to be true from my experience and other clanmates' experience... shit don't level the same when it's 290 and above it seems.

k1t4j

Bungie. You got me.

I planned on saving all of my precious 82 coins for something better.

But, I think I'm going to buy a chest or 2. I have a huge feeling exotics will NOT decrypt at 320 when 310+

I am sure I saw on reddit a guy that reached 310 light, surely more people are at 310 light and not one came forward and said "hey I got a 320 exotic."

For the 310 all I had to do was being 300 light and exotics started decrypting at 310, unless this needs to be actively implemented by a patch of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom